LegacyGT.com

Survey: How many people on the board own an OB?

Guest *Jedimaster*

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have 05 Outback 2.5i and 05 LGT Ltd.

The former has 35600 miles and the latter has 16000miles on them. I got 100000mile 6year ext. war.. on both.

I like OB for easy-relaxed riding and I don't have any problem to floor down the gas.. However, driving OB just after riding LGT make me sick... OB feels like full-loaded dump truck.. It is really hard to go fast...

2Furious

From Desert to Rocky to SLC !!!

Silver '06 OBW 2.5i 5spd m/t, bought used with 1800mi. on her.

Bought as ski accessory(I needed car to get me and skis to the mountains).

In the process of upgrading rear suspension(LGT rear ASB), audio(speakers/sub), & security.

I've got a ...dunno, burgundy I guess, 03 3.0 H6. Wagon. Man, the engine is so smooth I can't beleive it. I had a OBS with the 4 then traded it because the baby seat didn't fit in the back well. Tried the XT but made the mistake of trying the H6 after. Couldn't get over the ride difference. The power punch was more immediate with the XT, but I could live with a little less torque for the gas savings and smooth delivery of the H6.

Signed the paperwork a few hours ago - a new MY06 OXT for my wife. Atlantic blue, 5EAT. Essentially base package but with the mirror & security upgrade (couldn't find a bare bones 5EAT :()

Should arrive tomorrow or the next day, it's currently about 150-200 miles away a few towns over.

I requested the dealer not touch it as I'm all set to detail it. :)

I have my rotary buffer, some great polishing products, and some nice acrylic sealants to throw on there. Probably top with Chemical Guys butter way too to add some depth to the shine.

Once I get it and my MY04 WRX (black) all pristine I'll snap some shots of them mingling in the driveway and post them up :)

(it may take awhile with my very limited free time currently)

06 OBXT Limited, Silver/Opal, 5MT, 17x7 TSW Spyders, full 20% tint, 6" ss tips, removed cross bars. So, far just the cosmetics. Afer all, these XT's are pretty dang quick right out of the box. Still, I'm hoping to add a Cobb Stage 1 AP, and maybe some suspension and brake upgrades, and who knows what else in the future.

06 OBXT Limited, Silver/Opal, 5MT, 17x7 TSW Spyders, full 20% tint, 6" ss tips, removed cross bars. So, far just the cosmetics. Afer all, these XT's are pretty dang quick right out of the box. Still, I'm hoping to add a Cobb Stage 1 AP, and maybe some suspension and brake upgrades, and who knows what else in the future.

all show and no go :lol: jk. pics??? im doing tint this weekend

Should be picking up my '06 Silver/Opal XT Limited 5MT by the end of the week...

Probably the only mods will be Kayak J hooks for the rack (or a full Thule rack), AP Stage 1, SPT Catback, and maybe SPT intake. Once my car budget recovers, that is ;)

all show and no go :lol: jk. pics??? im doing tint this weekend

Yeah, there aren't a lot of XT's, but there are about a zillion OB wagons around these parts. I had to do something immediately so that I could pick mine out in a mall parking lot. :lol:

This is the first car I've had tinted. I love how it keeps it cooler while parked in this heat we've been having. Especially, with the black leather interior. Plus, IMHO it looks pissa :icon_cool But, I think if I were to do it again, I would opt for less, like maybe 35%, on the two front doors. In fact, I may end up redoing those windows. The current tint makes it difficult to back up at night without opening both front windows to get a better view of the mirrors. :icon_frow

Since you asked, I've included a few pics.

OBXT1Small.thumb.JPG.e807a7d0c733972565383c3bcd322f66.JPG

OBXT2Small.thumb.JPG.7fcb6a195c3eb089949247f464acf68e.JPG

OBXT3Small.thumb.JPG.ae0708b32981a7062c0495a492d0718b.JPG

very nice man.. in NH OBXTs are pretty rare. I see one maybe every week or 2 weeks. I still have yet to see 5mt Black on taupe wagon (my twin). Tint is going in on Saturday by tint king. I cant do my front windows in NH :icon_conf so it will just be 35 in the back. Did you do your sun roof? How much did you pay for tint? where did u do it?

PS: you cant see stage 3+++ from the mall parking lot?? lol

very nice man.. in NH OBXTs are pretty rare. I see one maybe every week or 2 weeks. I still have yet to see 5mt Black on taupe wagon (my twin). Tint is going in on Saturday by tint king. I cant do my front windows in NH :icon_conf so it will just be 35 in the back. Did you do your sun roof? How much did you pay for tint? where did u do it?

PS: you cant see stage 3+++ from the mall parking lot?? lol

I almost got a blk on blk when I bought mine. I've never seen a blk on taupe.

I think MA has very similar tint regs compared to NH. But, as we all know, almost every #$%$ SUV and Mini-Van on the road has a 20% or darker tint on the rear doors and back. Another good thing about driving an OBXT... it sort of slips under the radar most of the time. Except for the occasional astute car buff (everyone on this forum of course :icon_wink ), no one much gives me a second glance.

I also had the sunroof done at 20%. The total cost was $300 which seemed to be little below average when I called around. I had it done at a small one man tinting operation near where I live called Diamonds Tinting. The guy does a fantastic job.

Yeah, but anything beyond Stage 3+++ requires a scoop big enough to crawl through... :lol:

i forgot to mention limited... u almost bought black on black leather??? drool

Yeah, when I got mine, they had at least 9 '06 XT's of which 4 were 5MT's like mine. There were 2 blk/blk, 1 white/taupe, and 1 silver-opal/blk. The 5EAT's were blk/blk (at least 3 of these), gold-opal/taupe, and silver-opal/blk. Oh, and they had 2 blk/blk LGT wagons. Of course, those were 5EAT's.

Originally, I was going to go for one of the blk/blk's. But, memories of past blk vehicles I've owned haunted me enough to finally decide against it. It's nearly impossible to keep the darn things looking clean... and I'm a fanatic about clean looking vehicles. So, then I thought I might get the white one, but I really wanted the black leather with silver accents.

In the end, I had to admit that the silver/opal is a pretty sharp combination that both looks really nice, especially on the OB, plus it hides dirt better then any other color. Besides, my wife liked the silver/opal the best too. That made it pretty much a done deal. The kicker is that the color combo I really, really wanted was garnet red/blk. Of course, they didn't have one of those. :icon_cry: Such is life...

Figured I'd update...

The silver/Opal was sold by the other dealership out from under my dealership, so after some looking around (Where were those cars you speak of, raggededge! My dealership spent 5+ hours searching and calling every dealership they could think of...), they found me an Atlantic Blue/Opal non-limited OBXT 5MT. They pick it up Thursday, I pick it up Friday :cool:

Figured I'd update...

The silver/Opal was sold by the other dealership out from under my dealership, so after some looking around (Where were those cars you speak of, raggededge! My dealership spent 5+ hours searching and calling every dealership they could think of...), they found me an Atlantic Blue/Opal non-limited OBXT 5MT. They pick it up Thursday, I pick it up Friday :cool:

The dealership where I got my XT is Anchor Subaru in RI. They appear to have 1 black and 1 white '06 XT Limited's with the 5MT left. These probably won't show up in a normal dealer search since technically, they have to be sold as used vehicles. Like mine, these were part of the special Subaru dealer-only auction of new Outbacks that were exposed to a passing tornado near the Subaru plant in Indiana last year. FYI, all the ones I saw, including mine, had no damage what-so-ever. Still, they are being heavily discounted... as they should be IMO.

Having said this, I don't actually recommend the dealership all that much. As much as I liked the car, I almost cancelled the whole deal and walked when picking it up due to the their ineptness. I don't think it was malicious... mainly my sales lady was an idiot.:mad:

It would've been nice to have a black '06 XT Limited, thats for sure.

I would've had no problem with potentially having dings - I will be driving the car 100+ miles a day so it'll get there eventually anyway...

Ultimately I think the non-limited is going to work out better anyway - I've seen some reports of problems with the sunroofs (which my sales guy admitted to), and I have dogs... dogs and leather tend to not get along all that well. I like cloth all the same, and my fiancee can manually adjust her seat. It was a battle just to find one (I swear, more 5MT XT's were sold in the north east in the past 7 days than all of '05 and '06), so Im glad I got one that doesnt have a taupe interior (again, dogs, outdoor activities... )

Dealerships can make all the difference. The one I am working with is great (it helps that a good friend is the Parts Manager, and they like him A LOT), gave me a fantastic deal, and worked with me on my trade in value and finding the car that I wanted.

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. It sort of makes you jaded on the whole car thing sometimes (we had a bad experience at a VW dealership... I ended up being the one that had to go in to the Honda dealership to find my fiancee a car, she was too anxious about dealing with another dealership).

06" Black with black leather, Limited, 5 speed, rollin up the break in miles. And then:icon_wink

black on black wagon is the hotness... i had to settle for black on taupe

Add your location to the your profile and find black/black 5MT friends.

Our first of many trips to redline....

06" Black with black leather, Limited, 5 speed, rollin up the break in miles. And then:icon_wink

1000miles.thumb.jpg.996a457780d167eebdba8b1e420f874f.jpg

When I bought my XT, i really wanted a limited Atlantic Blue / grey opal with black leather. but i couldnt afford a brand new one, and they didnt have any 06s in that color at the time. The dealer made me a deal on a demo XT limited White / Grey with black leather that only had 10k miles on it. I was happy. The white i think looks good especially now that i have 20% tint all around. I was kinda 50/50 with doing the sunroof, but decided not to. I paid 250 for my tint. I didnt think anyone would tint the sunroof.