LegacyGT.com

Survey: How many people on the board own an OB?

Guest *Jedimaster*

'98, 5sp, aftermarket sunroof, STi tranny mount, Cobbshifter bushing, Voodooknob, 96000 mi & leaking front seal.

Looking at '06's...

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dang, that didn't last long!

We replaced the '98 with an '06 today!

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Pics coming - I need to revise my cardomain sie.

But, note to newbies - check the tire pressures! I told the salesman to get the pressures right, but it felt spooky when I finally got to drive it on the local twisties. Turned out the rears were higher than the fronts - 35f, 36r.

I took it down to 34f, 32r - sooooo much better!

I have two. I bought a 2005 2.5XT for my wife for valentine's day this year, then bought a 2006 2.5XT for myself when an unskilled 16yr old in an SUV totalled my Mercedes station wagon.

wow.. what do you do for work?? i am definetly in the wrong business.

97 outback legacy, does that count?
You bet! That car really put Subaru on the map. It was the best selling wagon in the country for severa lyears, and basically invented the "Crossover" concept.

We had two. We sold one at 86,000 miles and recently sold the other, also a 97, to my sister in law. It had a mere 164K miles versus the 244K on hers. The only changes I made were to remove the Outback grille tag, pinstripe, crossbars and AWD decal to clean up the profile a little. It had head gaskets; one axle; one front wheel bearing; and front seals and water pump.

I bought an 06 OB 3.0 and will pick it up next week, once my fearless insurance agency comes back to work.

subaru1.jpg.7c5f5d8d4f762d9def2a0ec32735b536.jpg

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I'm sure we would appreciate the power of the XT, but gas mileage is a top priority for us. Hence the choice of the 2.5i.

Also, I have never had a fast car, so ignorance is bliss:

1. 1969 VW Beetle

2. 1971 VW Beetle

3. 1985 Nissan Kingcab 4x4 (scary slow)

4. 1988 4runner

5. 1990 Honda Accord 5MT (fairly peppy compared to those above)

6. 1992 Honda Accord 4 auto. Boring but dependable proletariat car