LegacyGT.com

Ricer or Not, you make the call

Ricer or not, you make the call  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Ricer or not, you make the call

• No, It's a Porsche, they can do what ever they want and get away with it.
    • No Opinion
    • Yes, but just kinda
    • Yes, WTF was he thinking
    • YES, TAKE THAT IDIOT'S KEYS AWAY. He doesn't diserve a car like that

Most $50,000+ cars are wasted on non-enthusiasts who have the car only because they can afford the car. If that isn't a full fledged race car, it don't need a wing that large. I'll bet he buys penis enhancement pills too.
It is still ugly.

Most $50,000+ cars are wasted on non-enthusiasts who have the car only because they can afford the car. If that isn't a full fledged race car, it don't need a wing that large. I'll bet he buys penis enhancement pills too.

Same as with V8:s and Turbo cars then... :rolleyes:

453747.png

I imagine if he just tracks the car then he probably doesn't buy penis "enhancement" pills, he probably dropped a few grand and had the penis ENLARGEMENT surgery. On a more serious note, there are a few doctors here that I work with that track their 911's (996's etc..) religiously and they ALL have the huge freakin wings. I still think they're fugly as hell though.;)

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Does he race with it? If he does, ok, if not, looks ugly and thus serves no point right? Get rid of it.

For all you guys who have no idea about wings and spoilers Porsche was the company that pioneered it through racing. they put those huge wings on there cars so they can keep get some more down force on the back end in races. From somone who has Driven a 911 on tracks such as Watkins Glen and Pocono(South,North and Full) i think i know a thing or two about wings and that guys car although on the street has a purposeful wing if he does take it on the track.

For the guy who said he bought that car for 10gs go take a hike. Although it looks only like Normally Aspirated 993 the car still holds its value. In fact they are actually going up in value since the 996 has been killed off. Those 993's are one of the greatest Porsche's made the Last of the Air Cooled!.

Here is a Picture of a car that has a more subdued wing. It is mine as well:)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/creamfan/911NoPlate.jpg

This thread is further proof of how the original DEFINITION OF RICE has been taken completely out of context by people who don't know WTF they're talking about.

While the high spoiler on a Porsche might be an eyesore, there is nothing rice about it. Now, that same wing on a 89 Accord Sedan......is definitley rice.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

^^^^Why, the whole reason the term "rice" was created was looks over function. In other words, unless this car is tracked, religiously to high speeds, that wing creates more drag, and serves NO function. If the 89 Accord tracks, it is functional.

Whether it is a Porsche or a Yugo, "rice" simply means putting things on to look like a race car when you are not...

Look at Hangar's car for examples :lol:

:spin:

^^^^Why, the whole reason the term "rice" was created was looks over function. In other words, unless this car is tracked, religiously to high speeds, that wing creates more drag, and serves NO function. If the 89 Accord tracks, it is functional.

Whether it is a Porsche or a Yugo, "rice" simply means putting things on to look like a race car when you are not...

Look at Hangar's car for examples :lol:

Maybe I'm just getting be an old fart, but back in my day, Rice meant a Civic or Accord with a high wing and a fart cannon.

Rice is a Mustang w/ Type-R on it...

It is a lot more broad these days. Sadly, that is because the idea originated in the import worls, but now others do it too. Look at the fake hood vents you can buy :lol:

:spin:

Rice is a Mustang w/ Type-R on it...

It is a lot more broad these days. Sadly, that is because the idea originated in the import worls, but now others do it too. Look at the fake hood vents you can buy :lol:

I guess I see the need for the updated definition. I've seen a few riced out Ford Focus cars around here......and they're fugly for sure:lol: No other apperent perfmance mods other than a loud fart cannon coupled with some ugly exterior mods that do nothing for downforce. Technically, Ford is an American car, but I guess the term "Rice" would still apply.

Isn't "rice" an acronym for "Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements"?

ding... ding... ding...

We got a winer :p

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Rice. Remind's me of stuff from Bryan's Rice-Boy Page.

http://riceboypage.com/shame/hall_of_shame_10/pink_civic.jpg

http://riceboypage.com/shame/hall_of_shame_10/double_decker_civic.jpg

http://riceboypage.com/shame/hall_of_shame_10/sheetmetal.jpg

http://riceboypage.com/shame/hall_of_shame_10/altered_perceptions_back.jpg

I call rice since im positive that he could have better downforce with a better looking spoiler. the looks out weight the functionality and therefore its rice.

You don't know that until you have tested it in a wind tunnel.

453747.png

Archived