LegacyGT.com

I Know How Road & Track's 06 Spec.B Did 5.1 Secs

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Except the traffic report.

So it really has nothing to do with an actual time... your butt dyno just told you this is how a 5.1 sec launch is done? :iam:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

:lol: It took you that long to master a launch? :lol:

or so you think

Yep. I don't practice them like the 05ers. I take the opposite approach compared to the 05ers who start at 7k rpm and then stinkily work their way down. I worked on Finnish flicks as the first order of business.

Mostly, I'm marveling at the suspension and the thing about that is that the Spec.B suspension is in professional racer territory. You can dive the Spec.B into a corner like nobody's business and exit it with full power to all four wheels.

Sweet.

Mostly, I'm marveling at the suspension and the thing about that is that the Spec.B suspension is in professional racer territory. You can dive the Spec.B into a corner like nobody's business and exit it with full power to all four wheels.

Sweet.

Yes, yes you can!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j50/denver133/SpecBcrash.jpg

Jump on it, Let's do it, Ride it, My Pony...

EL4NFZT7

Yes, yes you can!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j50/denver133/SpecBcrash.jpg

And that has what to do with the thread exactly? Contiextremes FTW.

BTW, the sweet launch was done on the Contis, and dry concrete with ambient temp. 64F as per Nav/info system.

:confused::confused:

You start by saying that you achieved 5.1 secs. Yet when numerous people simply ask you how you got the reading...you talk about the Traffic Report. Which btw is always the same in Chicago "This morning the traffic sucks big monkey balls around the city." Simple question: What measuring device did you use to record the 5.1 time for 0-60mph?

Then you bring out this doozy...

Mostly, I'm marveling at the suspension and the thing about that is that the Spec.B suspension is in professional racer territory.

And then I realize what I'm up against.

Don't get me wrong, I love the SpecB, but this quote makes me question your experience, your judgement, or your sanity. Because last time I drove the SpecB at Gingerman, the suspension was still too soft and displayed far too much body roll on the track. At speed the nose would tend to dive and understeer into the apex making me adjust my entrance speed to the extent I was losing valuable time on the clock, never mind how well I got on the power out of the bend. The brakes and chasis could handle a much better suspension imho. It's not bad, but it's NO professional race car set up.

At least you got a decent car and didn't succumb to the mindless herd of Chicago with their Acura TLs, Camrys, and 3-series. Bravo. :)

Don't get me wrong, I love the SpecB, but this quote makes me question your experience, your judgement, or your sanity.

Now your on the right track.;)

You start by saying that you achieved 5.1 secs. Yet when numerous people simply ask you how you got the reading...you talk about the Traffic Report. Which btw is always the same in Chicago "This morning the traffic sucks big monkey balls around the city." Simple question: What measuring device did you use to record the 5.1 time for 0-60mph?

Don't get me wrong, I love the SpecB, but this quote makes me question your experience, your judgement, or your sanity. Because last time I drove the SpecB at Gingerman, the suspension was still too soft and displayed far too much body roll on the track. At speed the nose would tend to dive and understeer into the apex making me adjust my entrance speed to the extent I was losing valuable time on the clock, never mind how well I got on the power out of the bend. The brakes and chasis could handle a much better suspension imho. It's not bad, but it's NO professional race car set up.

At least you got a decent car and didn't succumb to the mindless herd of Chicago with their Acura TLs, Camrys, and 3-series. Bravo. :)

You have no idea what you are up against - the depth of vimi's lack of understanding and misunderstanding on this and most things is astounding ;) It is only matched by his dogmatic grasp on his goofy ideas.

Vimy was timed by Tag Heuer © The Official FIA time keeper at its Formula One events. Having inside information, I can confirm that Vimy in fact did just under 5.1 sec - 5.089 seconds to be precise, on a downhill ramp. Our resident Scientician now turned his attention to motorsports. We will submit his feat to the Guinness Book of world records.

He claims to be driving AWAY from this building on this stretch of road. Do a street view for [ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&layer=c&cbll=41.875506,-87.640236&ll=41.879483,-87.638626&spn=0.00941,0.022917&z=16&cbp=1,78.36660193566712,,0,-0.9984725283426615]this location[/ame]

Here is the thing with “all post about the Spec B”….

Though there is a technical performance increase with the Spec B over the LGT, the discussion is moot because:

1) The percentage of people that stay stock with the LGT, especially driving enthusiast who purchased the car, is low.

2) Drive skill alone can remedy the performance variance.

Steven

Here is the thing with “all post about the Spec B”….

Though there is a technical performance increase with the Spec B over the LGT, the discussion is moot because:

1) The percentage of people that stay stock with the LGT, especially driving enthusiast who purchased the car, is low.

2) Drive skill alone can remedy the performance variance.

That's the point - there is not even a "technical performance increase"

Yep. I don't practice them like the 05ers. I take the opposite approach compared to the 05ers who start at 7k rpm and then stinkily work their way down. I worked on Finnish flicks as the first order of business.

It's obvious you have no clue about vehicles and their performance... you prove that over and over...

Your continued inference that 06 specB drivers are somehow better than 05 LGT drivers takes the cake though...

Go start your own specB message board since you and your car are so superior to the LGT crowd. I'm sure you'll make it a big hit.

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

Guest heightsgtltd
That's the point - there is not even a "technical performance increase"

Umm.. I posted about the golden mufflers that sound like angels weeping :lol:

Sweet.

:lol: get real. professional race car territory :lol: the only reason it will exit at full power is b/c it has no power. vimy you really need to drive a new Vette or Porsche and while the Subie is good it's nowhere near race car levels. a new Vette/Porsche will push a Spec. B though a corner if need be.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

I never claimed any time. I claimed a perfect launch.

The traffic patterns will be different this summer because of Edens reconstruction.:spin:

I had had a couple or three cocktails by that point. :p

There are better track car set ups to be sure. I daresay that a rally car set up wouldn't be ideal on the track and by the same token that track car set up would not be ideal for rallying. It's an OEM GT set up that's not too bad in any area but not as good as systems set up for specific conditions. However, as for body roll, I find the body only rolls so much. It gets to a point and then stays there rock solid.

As I wrote, I had had a couple by the time of my referenced post.:redface: The thread title was just to grab attention.:p

Archived