LegacyGT.com

I Know How Road & Track's 06 Spec.B Did 5.1 Secs

I did it today.:p

Seriously, at 4:48pm on the outbound Eisenhower Expressway from the right breakdown lane right after the Post Office tunnel - because I was stopped and listening to "traffic on the 8s" to see if the Kennedy or Ike would be quicker to the NW burbs - I had the most perfect launch ever this afternoon . It was so sweet.

PS Took the Ike and avoided major delays on the Kennedy. :D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just goes to show that a good driver and the ability to hook up a proper launch make all the difference in making an LGT perform.
I wouldn't know.

However, I managed to launch 06 Spec.B #101 of 500 perfectly and the shift from 1st to 2nd was seemless.

7k clutchdrop?
No.

Perfect clutch engagement from relatively low rpm (<2500 rpm is my experienced guess). Slipping the clutch wastes time, hp and clutch material. Both shifts were that sublime meshing of tranny with engine.

And what timing method were you using to judge this miraculous time?
I don't know if my time was miraculous. Seemed to me like there was even a tad more to be had if I had given a little more throttle the tiniest bit sooner. The shift to 2nd was as good as it gets though. Perfect balance of power and application.

I belive he said good launch not a great 1/4 time. Ya i love to launch the spec bizzle although 2500k seems low i would have done it around 3500 maybe 4k
Higher RPMs would mean some clutch slipping. I might have been a touch over 2500rpm but not close to 3k on the initial bite. (I was also doing all this while I was watching the mirrors.)

The 05ers have all dropped the clutch from at least 6k rpm many times.

This new data makes it clear that the 05s have better clutches than the 06 specB. Now I'm gonna stick to my new data and never waiver from my assertion, no matter what new data may be demonstrated. :lol:

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

This new data makes it clear that the 05s have better clutches than the 06 specB. Now I'm gonna stick to my new data and never waiver from my assertion, no matter what new data may be demonstrated. :lol:
05s suffered form copious clutch stink which has been well documented on this site by the 05ers. Must have been from all those 7k clutch drops I guess

"A perfect launch" falls under "anecdotal evidence".

However, it goes without saying that great times require perfect launches.:cool:

Archived