LegacyGT.com

I Know How Road & Track's 06 Spec.B Did 5.1 Secs

Vimy was timed by Tag Heuer © The Official FIA time keeper at its Formula One events. Having inside information, I can confirm that Vimy in fact did just under 5.1 sec - 5.089 seconds to be precise, on a downhill ramp. Our resident Scientician now turned his attention to motorsports. We will submit his feat to the Guinness Book of world records.

He claims to be driving AWAY from this building on this stretch of road. Do a street view for this location

I claimed no time. I performed a perfect launch.

That street view thing is cool. If you look at were that black car has emerged from the tunnel, you see a barrier and a short breakdown lane that that car is just about to pass. I pulled in there so I could listen to the traffic report because the exit to the Kennedy is just 700-800 ft ahead.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol: get real. professional race car territory :lol: the only reason it will exit at full power is b/c it has no power. vimy you really need to drive a new Vette or Porsche and while the Subie is good it's nowhere near race car levels. a new Vette/Porsche will push a Spec. B though a corner if need be.
And when it rains or snows, I'll come back for the Vette/Porche and help pull them out of the ditch.:p

Yep. When it's right, it's right.

You've never been with a woman?

:iam: Alcohol post as well?

I know you only last 5.1 secs but I'm afraid I go a bit longer. ;):lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Vimy's has had this car for how long and he finally learned how to launch it.:lol:
I'm pretty proficient at launching but sometimes the stars align and it its perfect. It's like anything else. For instance, I'm generally a decent long iron hitter but sometimes the swing and connect are perfect.

Let it be said though that I never beat on my Spec.B.

And when it rains or snows, I'll come back for the Vette/Porche and help pull them out of the ditch.:p

bottom line is all cars are just machines built to do a job and for the job the subie was designed for it does it very well. the job the vette/porsche was designed for they also do very well. btw this is why i own both a vette and a subie this way i'm covered. :)

you really need to test drive a new vette to feel the powa :lol:

Stay Stock Stay Happy

fixor3d.

The roads are a mess around these parts.:mad:

Vimy

Can't argue with you there mate! I agree, Chicago has some of the worst roads I have ever seen for a major city. I guess it is due to the extremes in temps and the sheer volume of traffic I guess...

ps: easy on those cocktails :)

According to The Google, the "Ike" is also Interstate 290. In Minnesota, there is no stopping on Interstate highways except for an emergency. So.....in Greater Chicagoland it is acceptable and legal to stop in the breakdown lane to listen to traffic reports????

I must have missed something in my simming of this thread. Maybe Vimy WAS broken down, and teh SpecB healed itself.

It is still ugly.

According to The Google, the "Ike" is also Interstate 290. In Minnesota, there is no stopping on Interstate highways except for an emergency. So.....in Greater Chicagoland it is acceptable and legal to stop in the breakdown lane to listen to traffic reports????

I must have missed something in my simming of this thread. Maybe Vimy WAS broken down, and teh SpecB healed itself.

Traffic times are of dire importance when the cocktail hour could be delayed by 40 minutes because of an uninformed choice.

At that point, however, the road is still officially the "Congress Parkway". The Ike doesn't officially begin until after the "Circle".

Archived