LegacyGT.com

AZ Spotted Thread

chikmagnet

So I would like to apoligize I kinda of lied about my mpg. When I got to work this morning I had 240 miles on the tripometer and my mpg was 26.1, my drive to work is 25 miles each way 5 days a week unless i pick up a day

-Josh Herrera

-2007 DGM OBXT

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I would like to apoligize I kinda of lied about my mpg. When I got to work this morning I had 240 miles on the tripometer and my mpg was 26.1, my drive to work is 25 miles each way 5 days a week unless i pick up a day

We shall call you Drives With Featherfoot

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

Any of you know how to replace an O2 sensor in these stupid machines?

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

Stop by FAT Robert will change it for you really quick.

Thanks

spotted Josh's little ass at avondale getting (well attempting) his windshield replaced... ******* guys couldn't install a new one without cracking it.... LMFAO... good times seeing you... I am out of state for a week... we really need to hang out... I said it once and I will say it again... god damn it Josh call me and we need to hang out

spotted Josh's little ass at avondale getting (well attempting) his windshield replaced... ******* guys couldn't install a new one without cracking it.... LMFAO... good times seeing you... I am out of state for a week... we really need to hang out... I said it once and I will say it again... god damn it Josh call me and we need to hang out

Yeah My bad i always forget but i will and we will

-Josh Herrera

-2007 DGM OBXT

What's up with Avondale and Stven Jory stealerships trying to nickel and dime me on a 60K? Took the Leggy over to the good folks at Sun Devil Auto at 49st/Bell and had the whole meal deal done for just under $500. Rhetorical question mostly...

Anytime you go to a dealership to have your car worked on it will cost you more, because the mechanics who work on your car are certified to do just that. I can tell you from experience i would not let anyone but Avondale subaru work on my leggy. They do awesome work and did i mention they are certified and trained to work on Subaru specifically.

-Josh Herrera

-2007 DGM OBXT

Certification is fine and dandy, but good grief I felt like I was eating at Ruth's Chris. I'm not a big fan of a la carte repairs. The stealership knows what Subaru recommends at 60K. Give me a bottom line price, not some piece meal B/S. The dude at Steven Jory started talking about replacing the fuel filter. WTF guy, I thought it was self-cleaning.

I still like how one of the techs as Camelback Subaru told me I had carbon deposits on my valves and that's why an injektor went. Can you tell that just by the rough idle? Prolly just trying to get my warranty voided or something.

As far as I know the only way to tell if you have carbon deposits is to pull the heads off and look. Rough idle could be that (valve not closing completely) or plugs or bad injector or the timing being off that I know of and I'm no mechanic.
You're just jealous that the Voices talk to Me. :cool:

I still like how one of the techs as Camelback Subaru told me I had carbon deposits on my valves and that's why an injektor went. Can you tell that just by the rough idle? Prolly just trying to get my warranty voided or something.

This is what blows me away about stealership mechanics, especially within the smaller Subie community. I may not have the paitience and knowledge for much more than basic maintenance but I do know more about my car than 98% of the schmucks they see coming through the service drive. I mean one look at someones car and you know right away if they're an enthusiast. You'd think they would spare us with the common schmuck service writer speeches.

• 4 weeks later...
saw a red wagon with greddy exhaust on higley between pecos and williamsfield the other afternoon.... i was tryin to catch your attention and didnt do too good of a job! seein if your on here

Archived