LegacyGT.com

Compilation of cheap and/or free Legacy Mods

yeah. I'm an engineering student. We build a formula (formula SAE) racecar out of carbon fiber (fun stuff). For this, we also make a custom (everything) basically, but including a custom Intake, including a resonator. Its amazing how much of a difference it makes

how about I just save you the trouble and tell you that it does hurt your car's performance slightly, and is just bad news

Couldn't be said better. Stay stock or pony up for a good intake + tune. (my Cobb SF intake works/sounds very good)

P.S. The SPT intake is garbage. (sounds great, works poorly)

yeah. I'm an engineering student. We build a formula (formula SAE) racecar out of carbon fiber (fun stuff). For this, we also make a custom (everything) basically, but including a custom Intake, including a resonator. Its amazing how much of a difference it makes

Where do you go to school NJIT?

I dont agree at all. I think the change is insignifigant hiter or dither. Do it if you like the sound, dont if you dont. Either way it wont hurt or help your car...

I'm not going to agrue about it, but from all the pretty darn high-tech renderings of air flow on solidworks, to real life on the car, to just articles online, I know the intake resonator has a purpose

Where do you go to school NJIT?

Lehigh University, in PA.. I should probably change my location.. :p

Alright, well I'm not talking about the intake silencer, I'm talking exhaust silencer.

CTATV, when are we going to have a working exhaust silencer removal link again?!

Edited by RJS5689

Alright, well I'm not talking about the intake silencer, I'm talking exhaust silencer.

CTATV, when are we going to have a working exhaust silencer removal link again?!

I just got a greddy catback which doesnt have a resonator, so as soon as somebody gives me a link, I will see if I cab get some mods to find the threads removed that were done by Jedi and get the text from them

I just got a greddy catback which doesnt have a resonator, so as soon as somebody gives me a link, I will see if I cab get some mods to find the threads removed that were done by Jedi and get the text from them

Cool, thanks. I'm really interested in finding out about this.

removing the resonator may create a more turbulent airflow, but is that minor change really going to effect anything on a basically stock LGT? I can see the reasoning behind wanting perfect airflow on a custom-built F1 car, but something that it's main purpose is to commute back and forth to work how bad would it really be?

Am i going to lose 5-10mpg or get detonation in the engine? Am i going to lose .5sec off the 1/4mile? How damaging is it to have MAF sensor spikes, i know it's a little unsettling, but is it really doing anything bad?

removing the resonator may create a more turbulent airflow, but is that minor change really going to effect anything on a basically stock LGT? I can see the reasoning behind wanting perfect airflow on a custom-built F1 car, but something that it's main purpose is to commute back and forth to work how bad would it really be?

Am i going to lose 5-10mpg or get detonation in the engine? Am i going to lose .5sec off the 1/4mile? How damaging is it to have MAF sensor spikes, i know it's a little unsettling, but is it really doing anything bad?

Are you talking exhaust resonator? The item being discussed as being detrimental to the vehicles performance is the intake silencer, not a resonator as you call it. If your are referring to the intake silencer, I had mine off for about 2 hours before I decided to put it back on. I could hardly notice any sound difference, and as a result didn't want to chance any negative impact on the vehicle.

Are you talking exhaust resonator? The item being discussed as being detrimental to the vehicles performance is the intake silencer, not a resonator as you call it. If your are referring to the intake silencer, I had mine off for about 2 hours before I decided to put it back on. I could hardly notice any sound difference, and as a result didn't want to chance any negative impact on the vehicle.

intake resonator, i'm not planning to touch the exhaust silencer

you will lose both MPG and speed by removing the intake resonator, and yes, it is a resonator as well

Edited by ArcTec34

Any word on the exhaust silencer removal thread?;)

Search for "drone install" and you will find it no problem. But if you aren't successful there, search for the threads that feature, "how I installed a resonator in my exhaust." There is a bunch of those....:lol::lol:

For everyone wanting to know about the intake resonator/silencer read this article.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?ID=3223

that doesnt really say anything about the resontator (silencer for the intake though and the effects (which i dont think exist) of removing it... the MAF sensor and the location and the tubing they are talking about are all after the air filter. the intake silencer is before the filter, which is why i dont think it makes a difference