LegacyGT.com

Compilation of cheap and/or free Legacy Mods

Guest heightsgtltd
:lol::lol::lol:

haha I was about to make a comment like that "why so the cops don't see you braking from 120 mph in a 35" but I thought it'd be too douchey

thanks heights, you saved me the trouble :-p

I saw you made it and then removed it :lol:

My comment was in response to the one that you made :lol:

haha. well. off the top of my head.

remove the intake part thats riht by the grille- two popits. pull it off.

Then, unclip the intak box case. there are two bolts holding it in on the bottom right. take them out. then loosen the "out" hose on the intake- clamp tie with a flathead loosener. you can then pull the airbox out. its pretty easy to see where the silencer goes on and how- the knob fits into the hole. then just reassemble and you're done!

• 3 weeks later...
Hey thought it would be a cool idea to start a compilation of cheap and/or free mods that can be done to our cars for those looking to tinker but lacking the budget for buying stuff to put on their car.

Right now starting with a list. People can post ones i haven't thought of or listed and any pictures and/or links to threads related to said mods would be great. Will eventually compile pics and links for all mods I can would be a great little resource for us with minimal expendable income or just a fan of DIY mods...

Intake Silencer removal

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1955

Exhaust silencer removal & replacement

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3741

Hey Op, excellent write up! However these two links do not work for me. :( Any other references you have that I could use and learn how to do these mods?

Hey Op, excellent write up! However these two links do not work for me. :( Any other references you have that I could use and learn how to do these mods?

the threads were removed you will have to search for new ones, i will remove them

the threads were removed you will have to search for new ones, i will remove them

Geez. Are they even in existence, where they do not involved a drop in panel filter or CA/RAM intake? :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Life is grand without the seatbelt chime driving me nuts

:lol:

One new issue with annoying noises though. For Legacy/Outback wagons...there is persistant issue with the rear seatbelt rattling in the headline when you disconnect from belt and stow in the roof.

The dealer told me some people modify it and wrap it.

Has anyone tried this? I want to try wrapping with foam and making sure there is no space left to rattle when stowed in the headliner recess.

On the '09 FXT, there's a "tuck area" for the tongue, and it secures it nicely.

You can try taping down the actual connector with a piece of 3M Automotive Trim/Molding Tape. It'll hold up to the high cabin temperatures, and also will "release clean" when you do need the belt.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Yeah the wagons have the same tuck area in the roof...but still seems to slide around and rattle. Good idea with the tape. I might try a very thin sheet of foam + the tape.

Probably ain't going to need to rear seatbelt to drive kids or what not any time soon anyway.

I hear a lot of wagon owners have that rattle problem...many whom don't even realize it's the seatbelt assembly hitting the roof paneling when going over bumps etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Being new to Subaru, I was elated to find a sub-forum such as this. I did notice the first 2 links are dead. Not knowing exactly what they do for performance, or mileage, can I get a head's up on them??

they are

1) Intake Silencer removal

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1955

2) Exhaust silencer removal & replacement

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3741

Do these give the car a more powerful sound, or just add a more ROAR sound as if it has a cone filter setup (P-flow) ??

The intake sound is more noticeable than the exhaust. I had the exhaust silencer removed with only the upipe cat and it was def noticeable, sounded strange, kind of tinny, not great but not terrible IMHO. I'm sure there is some tiny performance gain but you will never feel it.

• 1 month later...

Don't know if this will work for you guys in the US but it surely worked the first time on my JDM Spec-B .............

UNLOCKING DOORS USING THE KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM WITH A SECURITY CODE.

Preparation

1. Have the driver's door unlocked. 2 Hold the door handle up for 6 secs.

3. A buzzer will begin to sound.

4. While the buzzer is sounding, press the remote control unlock button & the buzzer will stop. The prep is now complete. (The buzzer will sound for 30 secs)

Setting

Illustration using 3246 as the 4 Digit Security Code

1. Lift & release the door handle 3 times -> WAIT FOR BUZZER -> Lift & release twice -> WAIT FOR BUZZER -> Lift & release 4 times -> WAIT FOR BUZZER -> Lift & release 6 times.

2. When the buzzer sounds intermittently, repeat the same procedure above within 30 secs.

*If you make a mistake when setting the security code, lock the driver's door to cancel the setting procedure and start over from no. 1 preparation procedure.

* As a safety feature you will not be able to set all 4 digits to 0000,1111,2222 etc or consecutive nums such as 1234 etc.

Now do a trail & see what happens (Use your own 4 digit security code)

Eg.

1. Lift & release the door handle 3 times -> WAIT FOR BUZZER -> Lift & release twice -> WAIT FOR BUZZER -> Lift & release 4 times -> WAIT FOR BUZZER -> Lift & release 6 times.

Now, if you are at the beach, you can hide your keys under your mat or in your glovebox, lock the car with the switch on the driver's door, and simply use a 4-digit code to enter the car when you return.

Edited by StiLGT