LegacyGT.com

Compilation of cheap and/or free Legacy Mods

If they "best-offered" that "electric supercharger" for a dollar, I'd get one, and have some fun with it. :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 1 month later...

So I can tell all of you about the resonator/silencer right here, until i get a chance to make a new thread. You remove the scoop/triangle thing that takes air from the grill with the visible pop-its. then you remove the airbox from the car. I think you use the clips to open it up, and then take out the cover, followed by the other half of the airbox. dont forget to unplug the MAF sensor or to loosen the clamp on the rubber hose that goes to the airbox. then after you have it all out you will see there is a giant milk jug attached to the bottom of your airbox. remove the popit thing thats holding it on, then pull it off. Now replace airbox/filter/rubber hose, air filter and scoop in reverse order (leaving the hole in the bottom of the airbox open). I have been running my 06 Spec.B this way for 10,000 miles. it wont mess up your fuel mixture, and it wont cause you to suck massive amounts of dirt into your engine. I highly recommend throwing in and AVO panel filter while you have it all open. they are higher flow and can be cleaned multiple times for around 50 bucks...

DON'T FORGET TO PLUG THE MAF SENSOR BACK IN BEFORE STARTING OR YOU WILL GET CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS UP THE YING-YANG

Ive done the intake silencer delete and ive had no problems. I put AC wire mesH to keep large particals out. I just finally changed my filter and i noticed that the mesh in the center was ripped out and my filter has peices of the aluminum in it. i wonder why.. any thoughts? Edited by F-WDC Spec B