LegacyGT.com

The New King of Cars - US Spec GT-R Test

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it weren't for the car's $69,850 asking price (an estimated $72,880 for our test car) — and the fact it wears a Nissan badge — the GT-R might well be considered the most exotic car on the planet.

Stupid badge monkeys, who gives a rat's ass if the badge says freakin hyundai, a great car is a great car, period. Besides nissan has made many a memorable cars in the past.

Euro Brand snobs eat your own shit! Nissan just served it to you on a silver platter :lol:

Price seems fine, for the tech and performance.

I don't even care about the Nissan name.

But it is fugly, for a sport coupe, no matter how fast it is.

I am not so sure "most exotic" applies. great performance value, sure, maybe even the best value, but most exotic, not so much.

Nissans are getting Fugly all over, Versa, Titan, GT-R, and the Maxima released today. FUGLY.

I am almost scared for the 370Z update later this year. Thankfully Infiniti isn't suffering the same way.

I need the lever :) and my left foot needs to be kept busy.

Then buy a Spec B, it's faster anyway, has a superior suspension with (physics defying aluminum bits), a superior AWD system, and your beloved stick attached to a box full of gears.

Oh yeah, it also has Spec B badges. You know what they say about that: Spec Bumsen der Schafe!

http://ajayswebcams.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/sheep_shagger1.jpg

Baaaa

Vimy claims the Spec B is even better than that, but he did not trade in his sheep when he got his Spec B.

The new GT-R is truly the new KoC in my mind. We have had a few arrive from Japan for a few serious competition drivers here in Western Australia. See pics of them coming off the boat here http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17451&highlight=GT-R

One of them did a 11 second 1/4 mile completely unmodded. This thing is an absolute weapon I reckon very well priced for what you get.

As usual it's all grip and no power -- relatively, anyway. Sorry, but for a $70k car, 117 mph traps is slow. Most of that is due to its portly measurements. If it were any other car besides the hallowed "GT-R" that would be the sole topic of discussion. It'd start by saying how quick the car was, then the last 2/3rds of the article would be about how its weight hinders its true potential.

Who'da thought that a powerful AWD car would win on a road course? I happen to live in "real life", not on a racetrack, and all the cars tested would be basically the same at that point. As they said, just a change of tires could have tilted it in the 911's favor -- or the Vette's for that matter.

There will soon be two places you see GT-R's -- out cruising and wrapped around trees. It'll either be the "look at me" guy or the "I'm better than Speed Racer" guy, with not much in between.

Good luck on mod potential too. I hope people like 'em out of the box because there's nothing else you're going to do to it. All those gee-whiz electronic features will see to that.

At least they were able to wring more out of the 911 than I've ever seen in person. 12.5 @ 115 is the usual norm. I'm not up to date on six-figure vehicles though so perhaps there has been a power bump in the last few years.

Sorry, but for a $70k car, 117 mph traps is slow.

At least they were able to wring more out of the 911 than I've ever seen in person. 12.5 @ 115 is the usual norm.

If 117 mph is slow for a $70k car what does that say about a $135k car at 115 mph? I don't think 117 mph is slow for a $70k car but it's on the low side for a 11 sec car. The Z06 is the best bang for the buck if all you care abut is straight line performance. The GT-R is a better bang for the buck if you want mass dose of handling to go with the straight line.

AFAIK, there has been no power bump to the 911 turbo since it came out. Like you said, most of numbers I have seen is in the 12's for the 911.

I think the z06 handles well, the powerband of the ls7 is insane, i was read some forums the other day and there was a shop that was testing ls7s, they made 730hp at the crank with a new cam valve train, heads and bolt ons. With stock bottom end. Under 10 grand for a 225hp increase and it put the ls7 at over 100hp per liter. I have also seen them built with redlines set at almost 9000rpms. Not that anyone cares lol.

The skyline has alot of potential aswell, im interested to see how the vq 3.8 will stand up to high hp and boost. Will it be as good as the bullet proof RBs? I cant wait to find out

• 2 weeks later...
Vimy claims the Spec B is even better than that, but he did not trade in his sheep when he got his Spec B.
Actually, you made that claim, buckboard boy. That's why I get a laugh out of your avatar.

Pretty hard to trade in sheep when you don't have any.

BTW, I see you got some rubber boots. That'll save you some gas money.

Archived