LegacyGT.com

APS Inlet Pipe and JDM TGV Deletes Install

praedet

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
Hey before you do your inlet, wanna hook up your boost gauge to stock inlet and measure vacuum under boost? It would be nice to have some concrete data before/after. Some well known tuners on nasioc are claiming they've seen up to -7psi with the 2.4" inlet. Huge difference for turbo efficiency!

Sure, I was already thinking about that.:)

LittleBlueGT, did you ever do this upgraded and take those measurements?

I'm doing the 3" inlet on Saturday but it never occurred to me to try to measure the vacuum first and I'm not going to have the time between now and then.

LittleBlueGT, did you ever do this upgraded and take those measurements?

I'm doing the 3" inlet on Saturday but it never occurred to me to try to measure the vacuum first and I'm not going to have the time between now and then.

I did. But I will have to look back through my posts to see exactly what I did do:

I measured vacuum at the inlet at max power before the install, and was showing about -1.8 psi from 4500-7000 rpms. I measured it afterwards and saw about the same number. So does the APS inlet flow more? Likely, it is smoother and I find no technical reason why it wouldn't flow more, but at 300-320 whp I would say it is fairly negligible.

From me trying different headers (WBR, iON, Perrin) and other things to help my engine breath better I have come to the conclusion that your turbo is gonna flow about what it is gonna flow. So long as it doesn't have something that severely restricts its flow, I have found that all these mods just change efficiency slightly.

I used to run 19 psi at redline and make 320 whp. I now run 17.5 psi at red-line, and make maybe 330 whp (both in the summer). I can still hit 19 psi at red-line, but my airflow and power does not change. I guess I just changed where I land on a comp chart by a small amount.

Archived