LegacyGT.com

What tires shall I use this year???

CRAZY KEN

My RE050A's are also due for a replacement. I am thinking about the Yokohama S.drive for under $150 each.

I heard bad things about'em

suppoely they are not worth the money

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have AVS Sports...pretty good tire but I certainly wouldn't pay $200 each for them (retail price when I bought them about a year ago). Tirerack had them on clearance for $130-$140ish which I could definitely stomach. Hmm, seems 225/40R18's are now $165 there. I think this is an older design that is probably be phased out. Seems to be wearing well though. I've put well over 10k on them and they barely look broken in;)

Car & Driver "The Quick and the Tread."

I am very pleased with the Goodyears, If I get a WRX that's what's going on it as well.

I concur with VVG. They are best rain tire and one of the best dry tires to be found. They make two load ratings, 91y and 91 w. The 91W has a load rating of about 100 Lbs More that the Y. I wish they would have tested that one instead of the Y. I suspect that the 91W would have out performed them all in the dry. I got 91w's:cool:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

per the SCCA forums ..... the direzza is fairing well on heavy cars so that's the route I'd go, especially since you're looking to try something new.

the new toyo isn't wearing well even on lightweights in sts.

^

they are hella expensive

kumho is suppose to release newer version of mx this summer

suppose to be a big improvement over the current mx

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

^

they are hella expensive

kumho is suppose to release newer version of mx this summer

suppose to be a big improvement over the current mx

I got 4 slightly used ones with 75% thread for around the cost of 1.5 new tires :)

reviews are scarce. I am assuming they are a little better than the GS-D3's especially in the dry.

I got 4 slightly used ones with 75% thread for around the cost of 1.5 new tires :)

reviews are scarce. I am assuming they are a little better than the GS-D3's especially in the dry.

Waiting for a review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!From you!:)

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Price drop on the Direzza Sport Z1 in 225/40/18. It was previously $152 each and just this afternoon it is down to $101 at Tirerack. Paid $444 including shipping and with the $50 mail in rebate, that is $394 for all 4 tires. I think that is pretty hard to beat for a tire that is in the league of Bridgestone RE01R ($200) and Advan Neova AD07 ($250).

Tirerack raised up the price again (I guess)

225/40ZR18

Blackwall Serv. Desc: 88W

Price: $139.00 (each)

Estimated Availability:

In Stock

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

you dont need coilovers to fit 235s

it all depends the offset

poster wanted 18x8/18x8.5 wheels which are usually +48 offset. Rear will have no problem but I am guessing fronts will. I read a post of CreoSTi who waited for coilovers to fit his 18x8.5 +48. But yes, you can fit 235's in a 7.5 wheel using OEM style struts.

Tirerack raised up the price again (I guess)

225/40ZR18

Blackwall Serv. Desc: 88W

Price: $139.00 (each)

Estimated Availability:

In Stock

Good thing I already got mine (and already installed) :D:p

Archived