LegacyGT.com

Test drove the evo x

so walked into the dealer and talked them up for a minute and they tossed me the keys.

It was the GSR model and it was imo better than the sti. I had few complaints (shifter had too long of a throw, the wing is directly in the field of view, it tuely needs a sixth speed for the highway, interior def needs an up grade).

Compared to the sti, better interior in the sti, but seats suck, the back seat is has more room in the evo, the power is better in the evo semed to have better low end and midrange power (its not my car did not open all the way up). You def can feel the computer activate when cornering which is wierd, but the feeling of taking corners faster with better rotation than the sti is worth it.

Until i drive the mr though i would still take the sti instead.

the reason being is the exterior look. you can see the evo come up from a mile away. as a non-boy racer this is actually a bad thing. Also the fuzz will def be your new best friend for handing out the punishment of fun driving.

I know this was a quick over view and a sloppy post so any questions or critques are fine.

Didn't the new Evo get pummeled by the new Sti and last generation Sti in one of those Japanese comparison race track videos?

Yeah the JDM EVO X get left behind in the dust by the new JDM STI, Old STI and EVO 9.

I think its really too close to call between these two cars. It comes down to persoanal preference, driving style and driving level.

I dont know what you are talking about when you say power, the STI make 5 more hp and about the same trq, the evo also weighs more than the old evo and any STI by 200-400lbs. I too have driven both the new STI and Evo X, the STI out me in my seat harder and longer than the Evo. Sure these cars are good as DD but people buy them because of the performance ability. The new Evo X has lost the ability to perform agaisnt the STI in close competition. Also the new high end evo only comes with a 6 speed auto, no manual.

This is just my opinion, but starting with the 08 line of subarus, the legacy is now the best in looks. The new STI and WRX are not my style i have always hated wagons and the new WRX looks like a college girls car. It will soon replace the convertable v6 mustang and Jetta as the sterotypical college girl car

It will soon replace the convertable v6 mustang and Jetta as the sterotypical college girl car

:whore: chicks in Jettas are usually hawt! ;):dm:

I do like the looks of the new STi though, while I'm not keen on the regular Rex, I do like the more aggressive STi and think it looks more manly. It's like Rex = college girl car, STi = guy's automatically in with college girl. ;):lol:

If I could straight trade my 08 LGT for an 08 STi I'd probably do it. :eek:

I could say the same for the Evo X as well though. :eek:

Archived