LegacyGT.com

Why are inventory levels low on LGT

I visited my local dealer and was surprised that there were no Legacy Gt wagons available for immediate delivery in my local area. There was a wide choice of Outbacks, WRX, and Forester. I remember when the WRX came out the situtation was similar and the dealers were not negotiable, some were even charging more than list. I waited 9 months until the inventory situation improved and was able to buy for $1000 under list.

Iwas wondering whether the Legacy is flying out the doors of dealers or whether Subaru is just not producing too many possible in an effort to maintain prices. I should be interested to hear of other's recent buying experiences as regards to pricing and wait times.

This is in Phoenix area. I should mention that there was one available, but that had leather and AT. I might live with the AT but prefer 5sp, but leather in the summer, no way. I had intended buying before today so as to get the tax advantage for 04. Now I can wait until inventory levels improve. I still have my WRX which is a great car (except for paint issues).

Hmm at a guess they are using the Chassis to built the Legacy STi !!!! wouldnt that be nice if that was the case... There are plenty of examples on the road, showroom and used cars here now in Oz which is great. The Subaru brand including the Liberty name has really taken hold in this market.

Adam.

Finding a 5MT Legacy in the southern US is a chore. The autos were available for 4 months before my dealer had its first 5MT. They haven't been popular here historically so we get shafted in terms of selection. Yes, you can always order a car sight unseen, but a lot of us want to at least drive a demo.

I visited my local dealer and was surprised that there were no Legacy Gt wagons available for immediate delivery in my local area. There was a wide choice of Outbacks, WRX, and Forester. I remember when the WRX came out the situtation was similar and the dealers were not negotiable, some were even charging more than list. I waited 9 months until the inventory situation improved and was able to buy for $1000 under list.

Iwas wondering whether the Legacy is flying out the doors of dealers or whether Subaru is just not producing too many possible in an effort to maintain prices. I should be interested to hear of other's recent buying experiences as regards to pricing and wait times.

Have noticed the same thing in southern California. Lots of GT sedans in inventory, but relatively few GT wagons. Part of this may have to do with the fact that the Legacy wagon outsells the Legacy sedan by a large margin, at least 3:1.

Plenty here in sunny Florida, Sedans, Wagons, AT ot MT, we get quite a few in every week, and sell just as many. They are easily the hottest ticket on the lot...but we still maintain a large inventory to choose from.

As of today we had:

7 - GT Wagons (4 MT/3 AT)

3 - GT Limited Wagons (1 MT/2 AT)

8 - GT Sedans (4 MT/4 AT)

12 - GT Limited Sedans (5 MT/7 AT)

15 - 2.5i (Wagon & Sedan Combined)

8 - 2.5i Outbacks

8 - 2.5XT Outbacks

3 - 3.0 L.L. Bean Outbacks

2 - 3.0R Outback Sedans

and that doesn't include to 8-10 that were delivered Friday and haven't been PDI'd yet! :D

:lol: Fly on in and pick yours up!

I can't see Subaru in general being the hot seller out in Arizona. How many dealers do you have in that area? We have a lot out here in MD, but not every dealer carries the same kind of inventory numbers. Some have 100 legacies, and can't keep their hands on them, while others may have 15, and can't get rid of them.

In Sept and Oct. we had a hard time finding an LGT Ltd 5M in Chicagoland. An internet search of dealers across the country showed a very low percentage of wagons with a manual. Sounds like the situation i similar in Dec/Jan.

JC, Chicagoland bassist & opentracker

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd wagon

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd sedan

When I went to the dealer, they had the Auto GT Ltd. and a 5mt base model Gt only. I test drove the based model on a Friday and the dealer got me a Ltd. GT 5MT the following Monday. When I went to see the car, it was still wrapped in plastic with 14 miles on it. Can't get any newer than that.

Just completed an online search of the inventory of 8 dealers within 60 miles of my home in southern California, and found only one Legacy GT Wagon, but plenty of GT Sedans. Makes you wonder if Subaru has shut down production of the GT Wagon! :confused:

No disrespect but I think the 5MT doesn't fit the demographic scan for the south AZ population. Mostly older, retired folks who drive Buicks and other US Mfr'd cars with Autos.

Could explain some of the "why" there are not enough MTs available.

SBT (heading into old and retired land)

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I don't know if I would trust the online inventory. My local dealer shows no wagons and 2 sedans, and yesterday there were 4 wagons and 6 sedans on the lot.

Good point. I would like to see the online inventory updated daily, but who knows how often it is actually updated. Could only be once a month!

Archived