LegacyGT.com

Wrecked

Well i wrecked! I was on my way to school and was picking up a friend and the roads were snowed covered so i was in 1st and was going slow down a steep hill and no one was coming and then all of a sudden a girl in her dodge stratus( i think) was coming the other way and it was a residential street so cars were parked on the sides so it was like a one way sttreet. Ne ways i saw her and tried to stop and couldn't so i tried to steer around her but then i got sideways. So i figured it be better if i hit her head on than my driversisde hitting her front. Well im fine and my frined was and so was she but she flipped out on my when the police clearly stated the roads were at fault so i dk now. Ill try to get pics on here ASAP!!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry to hear that bro....part of life experience...almoust everyone goes through it....

turntable: a good way to pick up a chick...accident p/u lines don't come that often :--)))

I need a cluster if you have one :--))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Im in the black SUS and the chick is in the pic with the tow truck and her car so u see for urself but i think she was!!!!

Legacy > Stratus

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Don't mean to be rude, but HTF can the road be at fault ?

Did it raise up and push you into the other car ?

Well considering the damage shown in the photos, the losses were minimalized as much as possible.

When someone goes sideways to avoid hitting someone it's hard to blame anything but the road.

Well considering the damage shown in the photos, the losses were minimalized as much as possible.

When someone goes sideways to avoid hitting someone it's hard to blame anything but the road.

You believe that ? You might as well say it was the hand of God :lol:

It was one driver, or the other, or both, but certainly not an inanimate object.

I was coming down a hill that was obvisously snow covered. Before i started going down i stop at the top to check if anyone was coming up and no one was. So i decicded to go down in 2nd gear. Then about halfway down i see her coming out of no where and tried to steer around her. then the car went sideways due to the ice underneath the snow so i had to correct it to avoid her slamming in to my driverside. So after i corrected the slide we hit head on. i have no freaking idea why she didnt just pull in a driveway when she clearly saw i had very little control. Ne ways we hit head on. As soon as i got out i stared asking her if she was ok and then she starts bitchin at me bout im too young to be driving and i shouldnt be driving in the snow and so on.... Then she calls the Police.. they show up and as soon as they got there they had to call a plow truck to plow and salt the road so they could get the tow trucks there. They later said that it wasnt my faulkt becasue of how much ice was undewr the road and no one could have seen it either. so now the insurance i guess as seeing as both of our faults or neither of our faults so our own insurances will pay for our own damage as of yesterday.

It was one driver, or the other, or both, but certainly not an inanimate object.

Depending on conditions, an traffic officer can elect to not issue a citation, citing that the accident was unavoidable. In the same regard, depending on the situation, they can cite for Too Fast for Conditions. Depends on the officer, depends on the situation.

Depending on conditions, an traffic officer can elect to not issue a citation, citing that the accident was unavoidable. In the same regard, depending on the situation, they can cite for Too Fast for Conditions. Depends on the officer, depends on the situation.

There is no such thing as an unavoidable accident. If you trace the events preceding the accident back far enough, you will find the reason.

There is no such thing as an unavoidable accident. If you trace the events preceding the accident back far enough, you will find the reason.

If one hits a patch of black ice, which from a car is pretty invisible, at any speed, the car can lose control. The only way to avoid this is in some areas is to not drive. I guess you're right. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's different in Canada, but I am living proof that it is possible for no driver to be at fault - years ago, long before I had my subaru, I was driving to school in the family's 95 grand cherokee (and I had it in rwd). I took one of my shortcuts because I could see that the larger road (which ran parallel to my shortcut) was really backed up with traffic from morning commuters. Anyway, I hit a spot of black ice, and, because the road dipped downwards, I spun out and hit a stone wall - no other cars involved. I hadn't been speeding, but i hit the wall straight on enough that the airbag deployed and the front end got a pretty good rhinoplasty. Insurance picked it up, but my rates went up. I challenged it, though, giving a description of what happened and explaining that the roads had not been treated at all - no salt, no sand, nothing. Plowing wasn't an issue since there was no snow to see (hell, if there had been, I probably would have put the jeep into 4wd).

Eventually they agreed with me, deciding it was the state's fault. I got my rates reduced to their previous level, and I got reimbursed for the extra money I'd spent while my rates were higher.

If one hits a patch of black ice, which from a car is pretty invisible, at any speed, the car can lose control. The only way to avoid this is in some areas is to not drive. I guess you're right. :rolleyes:

If there is black ice about, then you should slow down :rolleyes:

This is as bad as people blaming their accidents on the RE 92's :lol:

Read all the accident threads on here, and then count how many people admit to it being there own fault. Of course, since the LGT is the King of Cars, we are all perfect drivers :spin:

To the OP, just make sure you don't get a citation for this. I was in a similar accident when I was 16, lost control in horrible rain, I was driving 15 mph under the speed limit. The cops told me the same story they told you (roads were bad, you were driving safely, yada yada) BUT they said "we HAVE to cite someone" so I got a "speed due to conditions" citiation. It ended up costing me my license for 1.5 half years while I was in H.S. (stupid WV law that revokes an JR license regardless of points or terms of citations simply the fact that I had 2)

I can't understand the reasoning that in order to make me a better driver, we'll keep you from doing the activity until you are 18, then let you drive long distances to college, unsupervised. (I'm still bitter, can ya tell?)

I'm glad everyone is ok, I suppose PhilT has some sense behind his arguments, but then in this case someone is to blame, God because he made it snow and created the ice. I for one agree with you, you took caution, did everything you could to avoid the accident, unless we all become scared wusses that only drive in perfect weather, there will be times that weather is to blame for accidents.

If there is black ice about, then you should slow down :rolleyes:

This is as bad as people blaming their accidents on the RE 92's :lol:

Read all the accident threads on here, and then count how many people admit to it being there own fault. Of course, since the LGT is the King of Cars, we are all perfect drivers :spin:

It sounds like he did everything he could to minimize the damage, and to prevent the accident what more can you ask for? With your logic you could blame the other driver for being on the roads also.

As for black ice, unless you're driving around in creep mode like an idiot there isn't much you can do, not even 4wd helps there.

Archived