LegacyGT.com

Bad news to Canadian Legacy GT/Outback XT Fans!!

WorldRallyBlue

Search and you shall find. There is a solution for auto up/down windows.

As for climate control, there is a sticky on how it works. It may be helpful to use it more efficiently, but I'm not aware of any other solutions to turn the dual zone into a one zone climate system.

So the DEI 530T module is the best bet for modding my front windows for auto up/down? I wouldn't do the rear windows.

WRT the dual zone, my wife's Acura MDX has a button that allows you to control both zones simultaneously or separately, and that is what I would like to have. But I'll read the sticky'd thread and try to learn a little more about it. At this point I'd almost rather have a single dial with red on one end and blue on the other!

One major thing I am loving is my big wagon sun roof!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the best performance test I could find for the Legacy GT 5MT:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/high_performance/sports_car_central/the_quickest_cars_of_2007_25_000_to_30_000_feature+page-7.html

C/D TEST RESULTS:

Zero to 60 mph: 5.3 sec

Zero to 100 mph: 14.9 sec

Zero to 130 mph: 30.6 sec

Street start, 5-60 mph: 6.8 sec

Standing ¼-mile: 14.1 sec @ 97 mph

Top speed (governor limited): 136 mph

Braking, 70-0 mph: 195 ft

Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.83 g

No, the fellow above is claiming that the normally aspirated 2.5 in his 98 LGT - which was just a trim level and different wheels - is faster than a 3.0R. He and 99LegacyGT need to get together, they have the two best ever made! They'll be less enthusiastic once they blow the head gaskets....

On an Accord, when you turn the temperature knob and both zones change together. Only if the passenger knob is turned is the temp changed on that side. And it holds the temp, hot or cold, rain or shine. On the Subaru I have had to adjust temp between 68-71 depending on the weather. It's just not as good as the competition.

Subaru severely damaged their reputation with the head gasket problem on the 2.5's, which is most of what they sold into their traditional snow belt market. It's one reason I bought a 3.0R this time. They deny there is any problem. Ford and Toyota both faced similar problems and did the right thing. Ford replaced the 3.8 engine in my mother's 6 yo Sable nearly for free (only paid for belts and lubes) after it overheated. If you search on a site like ultimatesubaru you'll find hundreds of threads about blown head gaskets. One guy published a registry, but he seems to have made some deal with Subaru and shut it down. But there's still a subaruheadgasket.com site.

The new President has said their effort to become a "premium" brand at premium prices was misguided and they need to get back to delivering a lot of value. This may be too little, too late for them to survive as an independent. It would have been much better if Honda picked up the shares from GM, but nonetheless I see Toyota taking a larger interest.

Ironically, Subaru seems to be pulling back from turbos at the very time that companies like BMW have brought out turbo models to compete!

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I'm beginning to think the whole HG thing is made up. Again, I've had 3 of these, including the first year of the EJ25 and all of them are still on the road today.

I've got three now (2 98s and 1 99) plus the 05 and have had the head gasket go on only one. That one, I bought used and have no history on it's maintenance but I suspect that it wasn't done properly with Subaru coolant/conditioner at regular intervals. The others have all been maintained to spec since new and I've had no issues whatsoever with them.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I'm beginning to think the whole HG thing is made up. Again, I've had 3 of these, including the first year of the EJ25 and all of them are still on the road today.
I just checked the ultimatesubaru forum and there are only 288 threads on head gasket failures in the last year.

You and Subitonic need to keep yours, though: you have the two fastest ever made.....

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I just checked the ultimatesubaru forum and there are only 288 threads on head gasket failures in the last year.

You and Subitonic need to keep yours, though: you have the two fastest ever made.....

Out of 400,000 of these that are out there (includes Forester, Impreza, and Legacy)

I truly have the king of cars! You can be my jester.

God I get tired of living in Canada sometimes its really sucks when you have to suffer the consequences of having no population and the population we do have has no spending money because of ridiculous taxes. People here don't really care about cars enough either because the insufferable winters, gravel sprinkled roads, poorly kept roads/highways wreck the cars anyways.

Therefore, when you would like to buy something nice or have extra choice as a consumer.....NOPE

PS: its -10 Fahrenheit as I am writing this WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

What part of canada you from? sounds like my neck of the woods.

and as for subaru, i think your going in the wrong direction, i originally wanted an STI imprza but at that price tag its out of my reach, so the LGT wagon or sedan is more my price range, keep it in the blue collar league, i dont want to have to drive a chevy...

03 BH

Mods: Group A Alt & Crank Pullys and end links,

CIA, JDM L7 Grille, JDM HID lights, JDM rear tails

Stromung CBE, KYB GR2's W/ H&R springs.

Settting aside all discussions about the absurd withdrawal of the GT and the merits of the 3.0R, what I am really anxious to see are the MSRP of the base 2.5i and the Touring 2.5i. These are the models I will be looking at if I decide to replace my 2005 2.5i with a 2009 Legacy.

I know the 2009 will be the last run of the current model, but following the Impreza styling disaster, I am not taking the chance to wait for a bigger, blander 2010 Legacy. I will also be having a look at the new TSX, but here also, a lowered Canadian MSRP is a prequisite to my consideration of this model.

Car manufacturers have started lowering MSRP's on the Canadian market. Lexus and Volkswagen had full-page ads in the last few days. From the various MSRP drops I have seen over the last months, an average of 10% seems to have emerged. This is not enough to completely close the gap with US pricing, but probably enough to discourage cross-border shopping.

Subaru of Canada had a cash-back promo of 4,000$ on 2.5i's earlier this year. That's 14,8%, not bad on a 27,000$ car. But nothing like the 8000$ they offered on the 40,000 Legacy GT

Archived