LegacyGT.com

Legacy 3.0

Has anyone here know or seen an review where they tested the Legacy 3.0. AT accelaration???

I know it's not as quick as the GT. Anyone know what a 3.0 can do from 0-60 or the 1/4 mile.

I'm not looking for a car to take to the track or the drag strip.

Thanks.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a 3.0R and It is quick man. The great part about the H6 is it has no blower so the torque curve is very flat. I dont know about actual numbers but I don't regret going the N/A route one bit. Plus the H6 Sounds better IMO. Smoother and deeper growl.

The LGT has more torque but the 3.0 makes up for it with a flatter torque curve. The GT peaks whereas the 3.0 just stays pretty even. Thats why those numbers are so different. I think a cople people on this board have H6 dyno's showing the flat torque curve.

Has anyone here know or seen an review where they tested the Legacy 3.0. AT accelaration???

I know it's not as quick as the GT. Anyone know what a 3.0 can do from 0-60 or the 1/4 mile. ///

A guy at work has a 5EAT LGT. The two cars are as close as can be from 0 to about 75. He thinks mine is faster, I think his is - go figure.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

plus with the 3.0 you dont HAVE to use premium fuel. I do anyways becuase it is recommended but at least you have the option. I mean the turbo is sweet and everything but I would rather have the quick response all over the rev range.

but I would suggest buying the GT. The less 3.0R's driving around the more rare my car is :)

sarcasm off though they're the same basically except for suspension and two extra cylinders. THe 3.0's suspension is very nice I must say and I test drove a GT and the R when I bought mine and you can tell the ride is much smoother in the H6 powered R

Not the MT, maybe close to the 5EAT tho. If so it would be around low mid 6 to 60 and 1/4 in mid 14 (vs low 5s and 14 flat for a 5mt GT)

Thats probably about right. the difference is pretty negligible though for what he was saying. no track time etc. If you want a turbo get the turbo if you dont then the H6 is a great engine. Ive had my 3.0R for a couple months and I think it gets faster every day I drive it. that acceleration pushed you hard into those seats.

Why are lesbians so hot? Its not like there gonna do anything with you they like girls, now hot Bisexual chicks is where its at, The reason people want the turbo version is not because its that much faster stock, its because with some bolt ons mapping and tuning you can gain 60whp with ease when you up the boost a little. The differnce between a 3.0 with exhaust and a tune is huge when comparing to a 2.5turbo with up/dp and tune.

Lol i launch at 3,000rpms and the turbo starts to spool at 2500, the turbo is pretty much always spooled when racing. With the stage 2 maps you spool even sooner. Keeping these little turbos spooled isnt hard. Hell my supra has a 67trim turbo and i launch at 4500rpms and that thing is damn good and spooled and its way bigger than these stock legacy turbos

Thanks for the responses. I'm currently driving a 5-speed 02 WRX Wagon which has 98K miles. I need an auto gearbox in my next car. I'm thinking the AT with 3.0 probably accelerates better off the line than the 2.5T with the AT but I have not been able to take either one for a test drive.

Also the stutters issues I've been reading on the 2.5T has really left a sour taste in my mouth. Also I know someone who recently traded in his 5-speed 2.5T for a G35 because of really bad stuttering issues which the delear couldn't fix.

P.S. VVG I love your avatar. Hot lesbians rock.

They're not, they're best friends and they just do it to torture guys.

3.0R is probably just as fast but not near as quick. There's a 25ft/lb difference in the torque when compared to a GT. Just my 2 cents.

GT is quicker.

If you are comparing 5EAT's, BS and more BS. I've driven them back to back. In fact it's hard to tell which one you're in, especially since I have MR coilovers.

Unfortunately, they don't sell the SpecB 3.0R here with the 6 speed - just everywhere else on the planet. the manual turbo is quicker, as it is geared higher numerically.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

3.0R is probably just as fast but not near as quick. There's a 25ft/lb difference in the torque when compared to a GT. Just my 2 cents.

GT is quicker.

If you are comparing 5EAT's, BS and more BS. I've driven them back to back. In fact it's hard to tell which one you're in.

Unfortunately, they don't sell the SpecB 3.0R here with the 6 speed - just everywhere else on the planet.

As others have mentioned, the turbo has more tuning potential,weighs less, and is available with a manual. The H6 runs happily on regular, seems to last forever, and has better resale value. Take your pick.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

This thread is cracking me up.

I would be shocked--SHOCKED--I tell you, to find that an Accord V6, Altima 3.5, or a Legacy GT turbo wouldn't outright spank the 3.0 Legacy.

Now I'm going to hunt for a road test to confirm my suspicions. Anyone else find one first, post it up here.

I did find this snippet in an Edmunds.com review of the Legacy (they fail to mention the 3.0).

The one glaring bit of criticism has been the GT Limited's automatic transmission, which seems to be ill-suited for the vehicle's turbocharged engine.

So if you have an automatic LGT, and you race this 3.0 Legacy, I don't really care what happened, you don't have the performance model.

--

Archived