LegacyGT.com

TPMS Light Delete

08leggy

lol im ripping them out and taking the bulb out of my dash problem solved

The bulb isn't removable (well easily removable anyway). It is a small LED soldered to the circuit board. I suppose you could always cover the LED up with something right on the board so that it's no longer visible.

I'm just going to get new wheels and not worry about putting sensors on them. I don't care if the TPMS light is on, I will just check my tire pressure manually and I'm good to go. You don't NEED to have the sensors, it just helps you know when your tires are low. But if you check your air pressure regularly like you should, the TPMS you shouldn't have to have. It's just a lazy man's reminder if your air pressure happens to be low.

I looked at the CEL in my GTi for 5+ years. I can ignore the TPMS light too.

I would think the stealership could "deactivate" this system if you ask. Maybe if I get some time....:cool:

If I had something important to say, I wouldn't tell you anyway.

Considering the catastrophic damage that results from a flat tire with our awd system I would have thought that you would all be praising subaru for coming out with a system to alert you to problems. Especially you spec b guys with your low profile tires that make it even more difficult to detect a flat while driving. You do realize you can buy new sensors from most places like tirerack.com right? I'm sure a lot of shops will start carrying them as well. Oh and that battery is good for about ten years.

It sucks that it will cost you more to get extra sensors and a tool but really stop being such babies. How much did you spend on your car and now you're whining about spending a little more?

• 2 weeks later...
I wouldn't mind the TPMS if it was smart enough to be able to tell you which tire is low, and perhaps what the pressure is.

Also, it would be nice if they could marry two sets of sensors to it (for winter/summer wheel/tire swaps).

Thats the key. If we had a display of current tire pressures (like in my SRT8), I would be perfectly fine with the added cost and hassle. But its not worth the time and $ if I cannot check the pressure from inside the cabin.

Maryland's Suby friendly Realtor. My favorite suby shop:

http://www.IAGPerformance.com

• 2 weeks later...
just put the sensors from your stock wheels and put them on the new wheels. the come right off.

Kinda defeats the purpose of having summer and winter wheels with tires mounted on them.

I was worried about the light when I bought aftermarket rims with snow already mounted. After a while, I stopped even noticing the light. It's not like it's in your line of sight while you're driving, and it's not a particularly annoying blinking light. I agree with the tape method. 1/4" square piece of dark tape against a dark dash is hardly even noticable.

Archived