LegacyGT.com

I love my new leather goods from redlinegoods ebrake shift boot armrest cover

2006Specb122

Today I installed my armrest cover, shift boot, and ebrake cover.

Overall it was much easier than I had first anticipated.

I printed out two sets of directions which was probalby overkill but you only have one set of these and they are from Poland so I wasn't about to mess it up.

I think the install couldn't have gone any better.

The toughest part was probably peeling off the ebrake cover from the plastic retainer. It wasn't too bad. Needle nose pliers are a must! Don't try this install without one!

Below are my pictures....

Here is a pic of the armrest cover and shifter boot.

They are much softer and more pliable than the stock leather in the Subaru.

As you can see I also went with the black perforated over the standard.

It is also silver stitching regular not quad.

As you can see lots of things in the car are perforated so I thought it would match best.

Shift knob, steering wheel, ebrake handle, and leather seats are all perforated.

Now the armrest cover, ebrake boot, and shifter boot have joined the perforated club!

1061022546_lgtshifter2.thumb.jpg.1f7ba4bf33bc5ff87a865568a42656f5.jpg

1906036152_lgtarmrestcover.thumb.jpg.46d5d18a608c80147bfad1321478ef83.jpg

In the first pic you will see all the supplies needed to get started.

Leather goods, large glass of Diet Dr. Pepper, home made enchillada, install instructions, and a New York Knicks poster.

Note: the knicks are doing so horrible that seeing the poster makes you feel so good about yourself that you think you can do anything... including various mods to your LGT. :)

The second pic is a quick shot of my new security system.

When my LGT is left home this security system is in place to keep unwanted intruders from tampering with the vehicle.

823184484_lgtreadytostart.thumb.jpg.700b2a2028041d7fac7f4a58b950f387.jpg

855902972_lgtnewsecurtiysystem.thumb.jpg.60025215a8d7db3380e6b17197d07c67.jpg

These are the final set of pics.

Overall I am very happy with the install.

Out of all of the various mods this was probably the easiest one of all!

It requires no sockets or bolts being removed. :)

If it wasn't for the time waiting for glue to set or dry it would have been pretty quick.

However, give yourself plenty of time and do it right the first time.

Keep things clean. I went through several paper shop towels to make sure I never put the new leather on any of the Auto Goop I was using.

I think the choice I made on the color combo was pretty good.

Let me know what you think!

970536253_lgtebrakeandshifterbefore.thumb.jpg.e050c359860612e335a3c5801f8fb084.jpg

613152996_lgtshifterafter3.thumb.jpg.f924367a9ada3f167812d4b6e3593ff2.jpg

924636140_lgtshifteronly.thumb.jpg.97f238d760d3efa40009d022d402bec0.jpg

697976796_lgtebrakeshifter5.thumb.jpg.b41d1df3fd5c59dffcaa08ce9ed7a046.jpg

1787863804_lgtallthree3.thumb.jpg.2d1341df0fc7c7637fe1139e5958b7a6.jpg

1948779428_lgtarialebrakeshift.thumb.jpg.05c7a7feb24749edf9c78cbde8677ded.jpg

I think the flash makes the perforations stand out more than they do on the sample I have. Also, did you treat the leather? It looks more shiny than the sample as well.

The pitch of the perfs is slightly larger than the seat inserts in my car but the color match is pretty good, at least in overcast mid-day lighting.

Good contrast with the brick red leather by the pics...

I think the flash makes the perforations stand out more than they do on the sample I have. Also, did you treat the leather? It looks more shiny than the sample as well.

The pitch of the perfs is slightly larger than the seat inserts in my car but the color match is pretty good, at least in overcast mid-day lighting.

Good contrast with the brick red leather by the pics...

Yes I had strong lighting and a big flash....so it changes things a little.

Also, yes I treated the leather which TOTALLY changed the shine on the leather.

It totally stands out. I will probably take some more pics once the treatment calms down a little.

However I wanted to treat it all before I installed so ALL the leather even near the cracks and trip would be treated. After installation it will be harder to get to all the leather.

So don't freak out... it isn't that bright...but you can also see the pics before installation which show the normal color.

Yeah, the more I look at it, the more I'd like to do black as the primary and perf black on the small section of the boots and sides of armrest cover. I would go for color-matched thread to match my seats.

How much shorter did you order it? Which STS do you have and is that shift knob shorter than stock?

In the first pic you will see all the supplies needed to get started.

Leather goods, large glass of Diet Dr. Pepper, home made enchillada, install instructions, and a New York Knicks poster.

Note: the knicks are doing so horrible that seeing the poster makes you feel so good about yourself that you think you can do anything... including various mods to your LGT. :)

The second pic is a quick shot of my new security system.

When my LGT is left home this security system is in place to keep unwanted intruders from tampering with the vehicle.

Looks like I can probably fool your "security" with a little home made enchiladas!

These are the final set of pics.

Overall I am very happy with the install.

Out of all of the various mods this was probably the easiest one of all!

It requires no sockets or bolts being removed. :)

If it wasn't for the time waiting for glue to set or dry it would have been pretty quick.

However, give yourself plenty of time and do it right the first time.

Keep things clean. I went through several paper shop towels to make sure I never put the new leather on any of the Auto Goop I was using.

I think the choice I made on the color combo was pretty good.

Let me know what you think!

Nice gap at the shifter/radio bezel, have you tried taking this to the dealer? When I went they played it off like they would fix it no problem-but they didn't...

Yeah, the more I look at it, the more I'd like to do black as the primary and perf black on the small section of the boots and sides of armrest cover. I would go for color-matched thread to match my seats.

How much shorter did you order it? Which STS do you have and is that shift knob shorter than stock?

I have the Cobb double adjustable shifter... so not sure exactly where it is at...probalby not the lowest setting...

The knob was stock for me.... so I don't know if it is differetn from anything else...

I believe I ordered it 3.5" shorter.....unfortunately after you order there isn't any real record of what you picked...the email confirmations do not include all your specs on your order.

Nice gap at the shifter/radio bezel, have you tried taking this to the dealer? When I went they played it off like they would fix it no problem-but they didn't...

What gap are you talking about?

Can you point it out?

Dealers only job is to raise their average "sale" price for visitors.

My friend is around 600 bucks... when you show up and don't spend 600 they get angry and it lowers their average. I try to stay away from the service area.

What gap are you talking about?

Can you point it out?

Dealers only job is to raise their average "sale" price for visitors.

My friend is around 600 bucks... when you show up and don't spend 600 they get angry and it lowers their average. I try to stay away from the service area.

I was talking about the very slight gap below the radio and above the ashtray. It looks as if the passenger side is slightly lower than the driver's. Check out the sticky in the warranty form regarding the radio/shifter bezel... http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34328

I'm rather picky about my car and tend to notice very minor details... Oh and good luck to your Giants. After they beat my Packers I'd rather have them smoke the Patriots...

So, where did you get it from?

http://www.redlinegoods.com

They have a thread where they usually post discount codes in the Marketplace here: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21775. If you need to ask them anything, you'll have much better luck emailing them than you will posting questions in that thread though.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived