LegacyGT.com

Found hidden radio function.

Bbc84

The stereo in my 06 Gt is only slightly better then that of my previous 96 LS.

For the amount of money this vehicle costs it should definitely come with HID and a better sound system. In other markets the Legacy gets a friggin Macintosh system....I guess thats not really saying too much seeing how we all know that USDM Legacy Gt is at best mediocre compared to all the over seas versions.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SRS is like "loudness" right?

Not really, it's more of a digital processor that artificially adds depth to your music. It is definately not always needed, but for some music it's pretty bad ass. My only complaint is that when you turn it off for some music you have to retune your eq settings for the rest of your music.

And i would really like to see some twelve thousand dollar cables.

Technically you can't. They're invisible as they use the molocules in the air to transmit to signal. The real money is in the connectors themselves. They run at 1.21 gigawatts. This is a picture of said connectors in a vehicle application:

http://www.star-sparkle.net/bttf/tn_August2004%20044.jpg

Guest JessterCPA

Although I haven't seen $12k cables, I have seen $3k cables. AudioQuest & Kimber Kable both make crazy-expensive high end cables for home systems. Oxygen free, sterling silver, ground loop isolated, signal directional and all the hype.

Didn't do anything for me, but I am a good cable freak. I'll spend money on good cable, but there is a point of absurdity.

Jesse

Eh... "good sound" is entirely subjective, in my opinion.

Some people love Bose, some people hate Bose. Just depends what your ear likes.

If you prefer the $15 pair of speakers to the $15,000 pair of speakers, that doesn't mean you're wrong. It doesn't mean anything at all!

--

It's too bad the 2.5I SE doesn't have the SRS function. :(

Guest JessterCPA

If you prefer the $15 pair of speakers to the $15,000 pair of speakers, that doesn't mean you're wrong. It doesn't mean anything at all!

Thank you. My feelings exactly.

I stand in silent awe at your audiophilic superiority. Please.... teach me.

Begging people to whip their home audio penises out for comparison to your mighty unit? Damn, dude... get a life.

If you need $12,000 audio cables to feel significant, have at it, but don't think for a second that your opinion matters to anyone but yourself. Go look in the mirror and practice sounding superior some more. After you've got it all down, feel free to head down to your basement and sit alone in the dark basking in sheer audio perfection. Don't look to get back online and insult the OP anymore though, chances are he'll be out with friends. :lol:

not my fault you guys prefer garbage for sound.

audio penis? kinda like the argument of manual vs auto?

i bet you enjoy some pos bookshelf huh? i prefer 1k watts of light dimming power. but hey, when you got 10k in stereo equipment laying around, i guess i might have heard a few things in my day.

btw, when you listen to some 90k$ speakers and can hear the flamenco dancer 15 feet back, please let me know. I would LOVE to know if srs was involved.

out with friends huh? hahaha...you don't want to know what i did in the military. i can tell you why mcveigh used ammonium nitrate over tnt or c4.

since you are completely clueless about sound, stop by some time. i can certainly introduce you to some of my "friends".

anything else you care to add?

--

It's too bad the 2.5I SE doesn't have the SRS function. :(

actually, one is wrong.

just like choosing headphones. most are plainly pos.

mind you now...this is assuming the person has actually perfect hearing. with less than perfect you will NOT know what good sound is. it will be impossible. i got dudes at work that test speaker outputs at mid to high freq. i can easily hear 16khz and by then the speaker is nearing the end of it's range. my home speakers kick 30hz like it's 1k. i've got a thick bottom end. btw, i don't run any eq's or any type of sound processing. all natural. not even a tone knob.

you are wrong to EVER think good sound is subjective. your hearing my be. generally though, there is good sound. some may prefer thinner bass, some may prefer a brighter top end. some setups sound dark.

the one main goal for good audio...as neutral as possible. cheap systems just cannot pull it off. not even close.

nope...it's practically severe processing. alot of things get thrown off from the original recording. the center image gets shrunken down, guitars get amplified to make it sound more to the sides. it just really skews the sound.

MIT, Kimber Kable, Synergistic Research, Transparent,

here is a good shop to start with...

http://www.davidlewisaudio.com

the cables i listened to were hooked up to a mark levinson setup on some revel speakers. mind you...the electronics plus speakers were 60k$. that's stereo.

act now and you can have these ata reduced rate...

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?cablspkr&1205972971

i suggest to ANYONE...if you seriously doubt me about how bad srs really is...take a good disk (i say good cause some pressings are garbage) to a good shop and come back and tell me the srs sounds good.

please do tell the "superior" difference? what makes it sound superior?

What is so hard to understand about this, Richard?

His ears perceive it to sound better. Stop being so damn defensive! I can't speak for others, but your credibility shrinks so very far down the more and more you attack people. Congrats that you know much about audio! Bring down the ego just a tad. ;)

please do tell the "superior" difference? what makes it sound superior?

More bass, more treble, louder, the sub kicks in more, overall better. Have you tried experienced it yet? No, it's no aftermarket or premium system, but certainly better than when SRS was off, and much more fulfilling. :rolleyes:

More bass, more treble, louder, the sub kicks in more, overall better. Have you tried experienced it yet? No, it's no aftermarket or premium system, but certainly better than when SRS was off, and much more fulfilling. :rolleyes:

thats all you can describe?

i can easily turn the bass and treble up on the tone settings. louder huh? kinda like turning the volume knob?

what's funnier than you rolling the eyes is that YOU can't even properly describe what sounds different. how can it sound better if you don;t even know what you are hearing?

i can easily turn the bass and treble up on the tone settings. louder huh? kinda like turning the volume knob?

what's funnier than you rolling the eyes is that YOU can't even properly describe what sounds different. how can it sound better if you don;t even know what you are hearing?

Wow. Just wow. :p

What is so hard to understand about this, Richard?

His ears perceive it to sound better. Stop being so damn defensive! I can't speak for others, but your credibility shrinks so very far down the more and more you attack people. Congrats that you know much about audio! Bring down the ego just a tad. ;)

credibility? hahaha...

first of all anyone who defends the srs has poor hearing. they are the LAST ones to claim credibility.

as i have stated...take a good pressed disk and listen to a real stereo and then tell me the srs sounds better.

i don't see it as attacking as it is clearing up ignorance and misinformation. the truth doesn't always have to be what anyone would like to hear. audio used to be a main hobby for me. i went out and actually checked out and listened to bunch of stuff whether i could afford it or not. experience to me is more valuable than spewing someone else's ignorance.

the ignorance is what caused me to make my first post here. some complete moronic idiot actually suggested to a member to disassemble the center console to pop back together the cup holder. 12 screws in all etc...me? what did i say that was completely different from everyone else? put gloves on and wedge your hands underneath and push together in a quick jolt. ego? i think not. correcting stupidity? yeah.

credibility? hahaha...

first of all anyone who defends the srs has poor hearing. they are the LAST ones to claim credibility.

as i have stated...take a good pressed disk and listen to a real stereo and then tell me the srs sounds better.

i don't see it as attacking as it is clearing up ignorance and misinformation. the truth doesn't always have to be what anyone would like to hear. audio used to be a main hobby for me. i went out and actually checked out and listened to bunch of stuff whether i could afford it or not. experience to me is more valuable than spewing someone else's ignorance.

the ignorance is what caused me to make my first post here. some complete moronic idiot actually suggested to a member to disassemble the center console to pop back together the cup holder. 12 screws in all etc...me? what did i say that was completely different from everyone else? put gloves on and wedge your hands underneath and push together in a quick jolt. ego? i think not. correcting stupidity? yeah.

Anybody else thinking Richard is having buyer's remorse? Hey Richard - how about a nice Honda for your next purchase? :eek: I think it's kind of funny that you think it necessary to correct someone when they notice a substantial improvement in their radio sound. Why does that need correcting? SRS is a technology that Subaru has tapped into - it just wasn't defaulted in the "on" position.

as i have stated...take a good pressed disk and listen to a real stereo and then tell me the srs sounds better

I think you're missing the point...

We have a Legacy.

We have SRS.

SRS sounds better than non-SRS, to some people, in the Legacy.

What the hell are you talking about "real stereo" and such? We're talking about Legacys and SRS.

Richard, how can you tell someone they don't know what their own opinion is? In case you didn’t realize that’s what you’re doing. Please, this posting is supposed to be informative, and although opinions are welcome you did an effective job of stating own wayyyyy back in post number two.

not my fault you guys prefer garbage for sound.

btw, when you listen to some 90k$ speakers and can hear the flamenco dancer 15 feet back, please let me know. I would LOVE to know if srs was involved.

out with friends huh? hahaha...you don't want to know what i did in the military. i can tell you why mcveigh used ammonium nitrate over tnt or c4.

since you are completely clueless about sound, stop by some time. i can certainly introduce you to some of my "friends".

anything else you care to add?

I've never heard the SRS, so I can't comment on it. I typically do prefer a clean sound over faux effects, but there is a rare occasion where I find them an improvement.

I won't be hearing any Flemenco dancers anytime soon, seeing that I'm uncultured swine and typically listen to metal and hard rock.

As far as Timothy McVeigh goes, you're WAY out in left field now on one Hell of a tangent. I'm not even sure what you're getting at, but it appears that you'd like for me to stop by so that you can attach some sort of detonation device to me and set it off. Just keep your distance when you trigger it, man. Wouldn't want you to damage those finely tuned, superhuman eardrums of yours. :p

I just picked up an '05 LGT the other night and have to say, the stock system isn't too bad compared to some.

Archived