LegacyGT.com

Found hidden radio function.

Bbc84

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As I was reading through the thread... Yep that is exactly the conclusion I was drawing.

It's all that can be done do to justify $60k investment to listen to a $15 CD. :lol:

you seriously cannot read. that's the real tragedy of this thread.

i said i listened to the stuff. all my gear costs 10k.

oh...fwiw, shallow thinking. IF i had a 60k setup i would have a hd based system prolly from Cambridge and run a high end d/a. some krell electronics. not sure the speakers yet.

btw, you don't get buyers remorse in high end audio. you upgrade when you can afford it. they give you time to listen. they will actually rearrange equip that YOU want to hear. they will also let you trial stuff at home before you fully commit. from your pathetic attempt to be a wise ass, imo, you have truly shown that you are pretty ignorant.

on second thought...maybe the real tragedy is that you have never been into a high end shop. come on up to WA sometime. i'll show you around.

btw, my speaker cables only ran me 350 for 8ft pair. hardly "high end".

i think i have come to a conclusion...anyone who actually says they like srs is either deaf or is ignorant. i will no longer try to educate but will leave you in your bliss.

good day.

Guest JessterCPA
i bet you enjoy some pos bookshelf huh? i prefer 1k watts of light dimming power. but hey, when you got 10k in stereo equipment laying around, i guess i might have heard a few things in my day.

btw, when you listen to some 90k$ speakers and can hear the flamenco dancer 15 feet back, please let me know. I would LOVE to know if srs was involved.

You obviously understand that 1k of watts or $90k of speakers means nothing.

It the amperes that matter. That's why some high-end amp have an ampere gauge on it. I have heard that kind of power from some Krell amps, and they were only rated at 80 watts. Very impressive.

I have also heard MB Quart home bookshelf speakers that a freind of mine bought that cost him in teh $600/pair range. Some of the most stunning sounds I have ever heard come out of those "cheap" speakers.

And I have heard them all. Vandersteen (my personal fav), Wilson WAMM's, Infinity Reference, Thiel. Some of them are great. Some are fluff.

I guess I am lost. If SRS WOW is so bad, is Dolby Digital II, THX II, and others bad too? From what I understand SRS WOW raises the sound stage to the ears, maximizes the sweet spot (because we can't be in between the speaker in a car), and reproduces bass levels that our speakers can't. What's so bad about that. Is using technology to enhance the way our ears perceive music and video (surround sound) that wrong, if it is why don't we all go back to tube receivers and 2 channel speakers.

You obviously understand that 1k of watts or $90k of speakers means nothing.

It the amperes that matter. That's why some high-end amp have an ampere gauge on it. I have heard that kind of power from some Krell amps, and they were only rated at 80 watts. Very impressive.

I have also heard MB Quart home bookshelf speakers that a freind of mine bought that cost him in teh $600/pair range. Some of the most stunning sounds I have ever heard come out of those "cheap" speakers.

And I have heard them all. Vandersteen (my personal fav), Wilson WAMM's, Infinity Reference, Thiel. Some of them are great. Some are fluff.

I've been try to explain this to people for years,on how amplifiers are rated and what you are realistically listening too. An amp playing MUSIC at 1,000 watts would make you deaf almost instantly in a car.

Yes please!

For music, a really good tube amp and 2 speakers is all you need.

Comparing SRS to Solby Surround is like comparing apples to oranges..

One alters the sound, the other places sounds around you in the room to better match what's going on on the screen. Last time I checked, you don't need Dolby surround in a car :rolleyes:

How is the sound being altered? I don't know the inner workings of SRS vs. Dolby Digital, or any format for that matter. Ignorance is bliss.

Well the sound certainly isn't being left as it was on the CD...

I'm not aware of any respectable home audio equipment that applies SRS processing to the music. It's one of these things that the automovite industry has grabbed onto as another profit maker, something to get uneducated consumers salivating over.

You can do many things to music to make it sound different, but do those things actually work to making the music sound like it should?

When McIntosh did the sound systme for the 2001-2004 Outback H63.0 VDC models, they configured the system based on the accoustic characteristics of the car. Subaru also installed more sound insulation on those models.

The result? A system that plays music back more accurately than any SRS processing can.

Whats your point? Again, if you read the first post, the OP found a setting on his stereo that he found to be pleasing to his ears, and he wanted others to know this function existed.

You're an audio snob. I'm a beer snob. If someone likes Butwiper I'm not going to tell them how inferior *I* think their beer is. I'll quietly smile to my self and enjoy which ever stout I happen to be drinking at the time.

The fact is that car stereos suck if compared to most low-mid level home systems. Oh well. Lots of people like that the SRS makes their car stereo sound bigger and more sophisticated than it is. Let them enjoy it. That was the original intent of the first post.

Thanks to this post, I know a little more about my stereo system in the new 08 Outback I picked up last weekend. I'm sure I'll find some use for the SRS setting. My non-SRS setting is +4Bass, 0-Mid, +2Treble. Adding SRS to this really sounds overblown in the bass. What are most of you adjusting your settings to with SRS?

dave

Thanks to this post, I know a little more about my stereo system in the new 08 Outback I picked up last weekend. I'm sure I'll find some use for the SRS setting. My non-SRS setting is +4Bass, 0-Mid, +2Treble. Adding SRS to this really sounds overblown in the bass. What are most of you adjusting your settings to with SRS?

dave

Yeah, you gotta be super careful with the bass setings on SRS mode. I run mine at zero actually.

My normal settings are +3(bass) +1(mid) +5 or 6 (treble) I dont turn my bass up much because I'm friggin deaf and listen to my stereo pretty loud on a regular basis.

You guys are so dumb if you think your legacy is a good car. I bought a Ferrari so I know what a good car is. Seriously, if you spent less than $200k on your car, it sucks, and if you think it doesn't, you are obviously not intelligent enough to live. Walk into a Ferrari dealership and just look at the cars, and you'll know what a good car is. I mean, I only spent $3000 on a shifter knob for my Ferrari, it wasn't that much. For me. Because I am awesome and you suck.

You guys are so dumb if you think your legacy is a good car. I bought a Ferrari so I know what a good car is. Seriously, if you spent less than $200k on your car, it sucks, and if you think it doesn't, you are obviously not intelligent enough to live. Walk into a Ferrari dealership and just look at the cars, and you'll know what a good car is. I mean, I only spent $3000 on a shifter knob for my Ferrari, it wasn't that much. For me. Because I am awesome and you suck.

Simply the best comment after 7 pages of drivel.:lol: We are all tools.

:lol: Perfection.

I have an 05 Legacy and I am using a wired FM modulator for MP3 playback from my device.

To get the thing loud enough at HWY speeds...I have had to turn my settings to +1 B, +5 M, +3 T with the factory sub and at volume level 12-18 depending on the source of the MP3.

My only complaint is that the system gets weezy at high volume levels.

+3. Best logical explanation ever!

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

You put your Mid at 5? :eek:

That makes me cringe.

Just goes to show how weak the system is when using a wired FM modulator for my MP3 Zen Vision device.

You can't turn the modulator up...too much static...the wild radio settings make the music actually sound better.

I may have softened the settings up a bit sense then...but damn...how I wish my 05 LGT limited MT wagon came with the AUX-IN...:confused:

Guest JessterCPA

winnAr!! :lol:

Post of the day!

Thank you very much.

Archived