LegacyGT.com

CD2 Engine Detailer back on the shelves at AutoZone!!!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aerospace 303 protectant is what I would suggest on clear bras and thick vinyl like that. The overlays aren't really any different, so the same treatment should work to protect them. As far as cleaning them I would just suggest the same thing and a toothbrush. I never had any problem with residue that wouldn't come off, but if I encountered it then I'd use a toothbrush to scrub it out. Just use a soft one so that you don't scratch them up. If you can get a picture of the residue then I might have other suggestions too, but off the top of my head that is what I'd try first.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Midway Auto Supply sells it on Amazon.com for about $9 bucks a can plus shipping. That is the only place I've ever been able to find it. Actually, that isn't true. A place called WaxDepot.com used to have it too. It was a little more expensive though, so I never bought it from them. Those are the only two places online that I've ever seen it. TurtleWax has it on their site and you may be able to get a list of distributors by contacting them. I don't know why I haven't thought of that before. I wonder if they will send me a soft copy in PDF form that I can post.... I'll have to see what I can find out.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Two cans equal about three pounds in a box with foam peanuts for packing material. I'm in Utah zip code 84118 if anyone wants to calculate shipping from there to you. Same deal goes if you want me to send it, but I think KA81 and I are about sixes when it comes to shipping. He isn't that far away from me.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Amen to that!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/wheel.gif

Wonderful shot there, those wheels are VERY clean, the tire shine makes the tires look wet and new with a good even application. the wheel wells are spotless and even the brakes are glowing. Are the calipers painted black too?

hey OC, is it about right if im sending 3 cans and shipping rate is about $17 with UPS?

packed it in a box with some paper for packing material

didnt you say somewhere that 2 cans about 13 bucks shipped?

I sent it from Utah to Washington for 13 bucks. It was a three pound box with two cans in it. So depending on where you are sending them, $17 in shipping is possible.

I love a nicely detailed wheel. For shows I even detail the tread like in that picture. I paint the calipers black because there is no reason to make crusty OEM calipers stand out more than they do. Painting them black makes them sort of disappear into the wheel well. :)

OCDETAILS BLOG

if you don't mind the cost you can use 303.
Heh, I forgot how much 303 costs. I bought the 32 oz spray about a year ago and I think it is still over half full. I think it cost me $16 which is a lot for spraying wheel wells down, I can use 4x more megs. :)

I stopped by my local Autozone and asked if they carry CD2. The sales guy looked at me like I had 2 heads. I searched all of the shelves but no luck. Oh well.

On a good note I gave my car a good spring cleaning yesterday and discovered the worst "fall out" I have had in three years!! I now have a SWP LGT with orange pocadotts! LOL However I will not pay someone $150 this year to remove them. I spent over an hour reading OCD's tutorial and I purchased a clay bar kit.

Wish me luck!

gots mine the other day, seems like all my local auto stores carry it. went to town on my engine bay last night, i looks great! does it matter if this stuff gets on the paint? glass? i want to use it on the trim above the doors.

This stuff is only for the engine. You can get it on the paint, but wipe it off afterwards. The only paint it should get on is what is in the engine bay. If it gets on the fenders or glass then wipe it off with QD/glass cleaner or else it can look streaky. I wouldn't use it anywhere else. This product isn't a UV protectant or anything like that. There are better things to use on trim pieces that are exposed to the sun and the elements.

OCDETAILS BLOG

That is on my "disgraced products shelf". It is absolutely worthless. What does work, however, is Danase Diamond Gel. I used that on a car that had seriously faded trim and it did a fantastic job. I used it on a fellow LGT member's clear bra and it did an amazing job of clearing that up and protecting it as well. It is a great product that will last you forever if you are only using it on one car. I've had one bottle for over a year and it is still more than half full. It is great to find products that work and never run out. :) This is 100% worth the price. Danase could raise it to $20 and I'd still pay for it. It is worth that much to me.

If you want a great tire dressing that doesn't sling, then get the Eagle One Wet tire dressing works awesome. It is what I use when I run out of Four Star Bazooka (which isn't going to happen again for a long time now that I have a couple gallons of it. ;)) Just make sure you apply whatever dressing you use to dry tires. If you put it on wet tires then it is going to flip up all over the side of your car as soon as you drive away. I try to dress my tires at night when I don't plan on driving it so that it can dry good and well before I take it anywhere. However, as long as the tires are dry then there isn't any issue with sling usually.

OCDETAILS BLOG

i got the last can at autozone in my town, they had this black magic stuff as well...

i bought it to compare, the bm stuff is really greasy and oily, you get similiar results but i can see the bm stuff attracting dust!

the cd2 is more like a spray foam you use on your tires... went on much easier and left a nice matte gloss to it.

Ewwwww!! Don't compare CD2 to tire foam. That is like comparing the Corvair and the Corvette just because they use similar letters. Tire foam is not designed for two very important elements under the hood. Heat and Paint. CD2, on the other hand, is designed for those. Sure that foam will shine up your hoses and plastics, and when it heats up and starts to brown the hoses and plastics (as I promise you can happen) then you will realize it wasn't the best choice. ;) You wouldn't use engine products on your wheels and tires, so don't use wheel and tire products on your engines. You are safer just using armor all or something like it and doing it by hand. Cleaning up the result of an engine with tire foam sprayed all over the place is no fun. That is what dealership hack detailers do and it is a horrible technique.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived