LegacyGT.com

CD2 Engine Detailer back on the shelves at AutoZone!!!

Well, if you put it that way.... Maybe that is why the thought never occurred to me. I hate the tire foam crap, for tires anyways. Putting gel on an applicator uses less product, makes much less of a mess, and has even application than those spray and walk away foam cans.

I do hear lots of people recommending tire spray or all purpose plastic and rubber cleaner on engines though. I admit, I used to use tire grease on plastic side moldings when I worked at Lexus. I would always wash 10 cars with the same wash bucket and dry them with the same chamois (at least I sprayed my mitt and chamois clean between each car, unlike most people). I also washed black cars with a large cotton towel (not terry), because I thought it was safer. We had some engine detailer, which I'm pretty sure was the same stuff as the engine grease. Oh, and if wheels were really dirty, bring out the acid cleaner that gives you a headache the first spray. No need to test it for compatibility first. I guess there are a lot of hacks out there. :mad:

In my case, it wasn't because I was trying to be a hack though, it was just the way I was trained and even if I wanted to, I wouldn't have had the time to give 50+ cars a day a proper bathe. That is why whenever I take my cars for service now I specify "no wash". I wish I would have told the body shop not to wash it though :(. I wish I could give all those customers a free detail now because of what I unknowingly did to their cars.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is another good example of CD2 in action. All I did on this outside of a simple spray and rinse with Gunk degreaser was wipe down the firewall. Everything else is a product of CD2.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/April%20Highland/d5b627fd.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/April%20Highland/5cf4c91a.jpg

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

OCDetails...I'm curious why you put Mother's 'Back to Black' on your "disgraced products shelf"? I used it on my 2001 Saab last weekend that had seriously faded trim and I thought it worked well. Does it not last? By the way, all your advice is appreciated...I'm on the hunt for CD2 engine detailer now!

From the things I tested it on (and I'll tell you that a product doesn't make it onto that shelf without being tried on more than one thing) I found that it didn't last very long at all. I choose now to solve the problem rather than cover it up with an oil that just evaporates after a couple days. There are much more effective products out there than Back To Black. They just aren't typically available locally. Isn't that the way it works though? When we want to good stuff for our cars it typically has to be ordered, and sometimes ordered from Japan, so we should all be familiar with the concept of needing to look further than our local auto part store when we are looking for products that perform. :)

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 4 weeks later...

Archived