LegacyGT.com

Pontiac G8 GT

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone else think that a starting price of $27500 a bit too high for a Pontiac?

No. Is $32k too much for Subaru Legacy GT?

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Price ... I won't pass judgment until I see the interior and overall build quality. If it's anything like the previous Holden Commodore aka Pontiac GTO, it should be worth it. But if it's the typical hard plastic sub-par crap interior that you see on your usual run-of-the-mill American car, then yes, overpriced.

When judging price you can't really look at just a handful of things, maybe yes if only you're debading what is important to you. I'm sure there are other cheaper alternatives to the Legacy 3.0R, but with the same options, the same refinements and just as good built interior and materials?

"2006 Subaru Legacy GT with AWD and tons of rattles!!!"

I think people are mistaken if they compare the "old pontiac" to the new pontiac. I havent been inside a G8 yet but every review seems to make it sound like its a big step from the old pontiac crap. So comparing the two might not work to well.

For anyone to believe that Hummer is a viable company with rising gas prices must have severe brain damage... Personally I'd rather see a performance car than a heavy SUV on the road anyday of the week since the performance car might get the same gas mileage but at least handles better, looks better and less likely to hog the road like every H2 I see.

Overall I'm sure Hummer owners aren't using the full potential of what their vehicle was designed for and a car will always get better gas mileage if driven conservatively.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23662217/

Hummer? Really? If anything, I would think that consumer interest in Hummer will wane with $3.00+ gas prices being permanent.

You forgot to add the "In New York three years ago," before that quote SLegacy99. Don't start pulling a CNN for Fox News on us. Use the whole quotes. 3 years ago gas prices weren't as high as they were today.

"In New York three years ago, GM Vice Chairman Bob Lutz called Pontiac a damaged and undernourished brand and said GM's resources should be focused on healthier brands such as Hummer and GMC."

Comparing our current prices with a statement made 3 years ago is rediculious. Aren't you in college? I swear they teach research better than that :lol:

• 2 years later...

Nothing like a 27 month bump!!!

Good news is I bought a 2009.5 G8 this past August. My Wife still has her 2005 LGT and just crossed 60K miles.

The G8 is the first car I own that puts a smile on my face EVERY time I get in it. And it gets a LOT of attention. Cant get any races though, so I guess enough people know whats under the hood.

I hear ya.

They are a comfortable long distance travel car. 4 body trunk, generous back seat, and comfortable seats/driving position.

Not to mention tire shredding torque and a very quick car (low 13's) for it's 2ton weight!

P1020431.thumb.jpg.88c3358300589fbbb4034ab96e379e1b.jpg

Archived