LegacyGT.com

Air Powered Bleeding Kit

integroid

http://i6.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/d1/82/e1f7_1.JPG

I just received this in the mail for $25.00! I will give it a shot tomorrow night on the wife's van and report back. Looks very nice and I can't believe it was only $25. This is an air operated one man brake bleeding kit. You must ahve an air compressor for this to work. Similar kits sell in the $100+ range. It comes with two different kinds of feed bottles and one bottle that does the sucking. I found it here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=230214355613&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

Well, I just did a test run on just the fluid in the MBC resevoir. It sucked better than my ex girlfriend in college;) I havent tried to hook it up to the caliper but I am going to say it will work fine.

The seller told me it will work fine on any CFM as long as it is between 80-165 psiI am bleeding the brakes tomorrow on my wife's car and will report back when I am done.

It can't use much CFM or else you would blow all of the fluid out of the system in about a second :lol:

Are you sure?

We use air powered suction pads on our tooling fixtures. In order to maintain constant vacuum, they require constant cfm. If you had a small tank, you'ld run out pretty quick.

I could be mistaken but this thing doesn't look like it is pressurizing the brake fluid so much as generating a vacuum on the back end to suck it out.

No, it does not pressurize the brake fluid. It uses the air to form vacuum on the line. It is the same concept that Snap On uses for their air powered brake bleeders. Basically, it constantly sucks fluid until you let off on the handle. Think of it as a mighty vac without having to pump.

2ft 1/4 tubing

1 empty bottle

Flare wrench

Get the bitch in the car and have her pump the pedal.

Or if your like Keefe ya turn it into a Nascar pit stop and get 4 other phuckers, one at each wheel and one on the pedal.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

My Review.

Let me first say that I do not have the best air compressor. It might flow 100psi max. It worked as advertised and I was able to bleed each side of my wife's van in about 5-10 minutes. It has a hook to make the handle constatly engage. I left it engage and watched the fluid level. I would let it almost empty then fill it back up and move to the next corner. The speed bleeders are much faster per corner but this does not require any pumping of the pedal. I would like to try this on a real air compressor and see how much better it could be. For $20 though, it is hard to beat.

Archived