LegacyGT.com

2008 Civic Si vs 2008 LGT 5MT

What would you do in this situation. I am driving to work today cruising at 40mph (the speed limit is 35mph). I look in my rear view and I see a red civic racing up behind me. I know my car is faster then his, but I kinda want to prove it to him. He gets in the other lane right next to me, looks over and jumps on it.

I know there are no kill stories allowed, so I will not post what I did, but what would every one else do in the same/similar situation?

Well i drive to work via freeway and when i used to start at 10am rush hour was far over. I used to run into people like that all the time, I have found that most people with a V-tec car believe they can take on almost anything, when i had my Trans Am i have had several kids tell me they could take me top end cause v8s dont make high end power. I also used to have turbo cars tell me the same thing, THEY NEED TO BE TAUGHT LESSONS. Feel free to show them

Its a much bigger waste of gas to have to drive to a track to do all this when you could just do it on the street, just dont post about it i guess. If your jsut gonna laugh at kids who you think are slower than you means you guys only race people who you know are faster than you?

A wise old Bimmer M5 driving friend of mine once said, "Why the fcuk would I bother 'racing' that idiot? He is clearly outclassed. But what if I miss a shift or something? That idiot wil be talking about how he beat an M5 for the rest of his life." ;) Pretty much same situation here.

On the other hand, my Dad just got an 08 Si which I borrowed for about a week while I was in town visiting.

I've never been too impressed with VTEC motors AT ALL, but I have to admit I came away entirely impressed with his new toy. Seriously a great car! and a blast to drive!! Just like you'll read in any car rag, I was looking for reasons to shift the damn thing. MY GF who was with me on the trip was like "WTF are you shifting so much!???" :lol:

On paper vs. the LGT, it's not really close, but in the real world- watch out for these little beasts, especially on a roll -if the driver is alert enough to downshift before you see him. Swing the tach north of 7000 to redline, and the thing absolutley rips.

I was happy to get back to my LGT, but I really enjoyed driving the smaller, lighther, 'zingyyy-er' Si for a few days.

a stage 2 GT will eat it up. We can get there for about $750.00, depending on who you buy from.

For $750.00 in the Civic world, you can get a cool-air intake and an axle back exhaust. Wheeee!

An N/A K-Series build from Skunk, etc, and/or turbo install is where things get interesting, but try doing it for under $5K. Most Civic owners out there don't have that kind of dough to be building up their Civics.

When I was a Civic owner in my early 20's I sure didn't.:lol:

Guest JessterCPA
Last summer down at Englishtown...I weighed my non-Limited LGT with me in it at a few over 3500. I'm 235 or so. That's on the track's scale.

a stage 2 GT will eat it up. We can get there for about $750.00, depending on who you buy from.

For $750.00 in the Civic world, you can get a cool-air intake and an axle back exhaust. Wheeee!

An N/A K-Series build from Skunk, etc, and/or turbo install is where things get interesting, but try doing it for under $5K. Most Civic owners out there don't have that kind of dough to be building up their Civics.

Why does it have to be Stg2 why is everyones answer go St2 why not race stock for stock?

Guest JessterCPA

I had a set of 15" TSW wheels, a K&N, and a Pacesetter axleback. That's all I could afford.

Archived