LegacyGT.com

New Eagle F1 all seasons are superior to worn out P Zero Neros M & S

rao

They were fine for the summer, but they were too far gone for the winter.

I am running the pzero nero M&S too. Even new, they are too far gone for the winter :lol:. I've heard good things about the goodyears though. A friend of mine runs those and couldn't be happier. Unfortunately they don't make the 215/45-18...

I should have gone with the snow tires :icon_cry:

Hey how loud did the Neros get when past the 50% mark in their life? I am about to toss a set of Toyo Proxes 4s because they have gotten ridiculously loud and ride quite rough now.

Debating replace them with Nero M+S or maybe Eagle F1s.

Hey how loud did the Neros get when past the 50% mark in their life? I am about to toss a set of Toyo Proxes 4s because they have gotten ridiculously loud and ride quite rough now.

Debating replace them with Nero M+S or maybe Eagle F1s.

Go with the Nero M+S if you see little to no snow. They definately grip better in the dry. In the wet and snow the Eagles are superior.

SO do the Re92's but you couldn't tell that to my bent to hell stocker. Thanks Chicago Roads!!!

Rim protectors aren't designed to protect your wheels from potholes

Just because the rim protector is conventional doesn't mean that it isn't neat :)

ZING!:lol:

ignore him, he'll go away.

No doubt about it. It is nice to have traction again. Plus they have a nifty rim protector.

What made you go with the Goodyears instead of the Pirelli's again? I'm about to replace my P-Zeros also with about 40K on them and I have the Goodyears or Bridgestone 960AS as alternatives.

I didn't want to go back to P-Zeros because of tramlining.

I went with the Goodyears instead of getting the Pirellis again due to the poor snow/slush handling. I live in the Northeast and the Pirellis were scary with standing water and slush. Even when they were new. I remember trying to change lanes on a highway when it snowed. When you hit that band of slush between lanes the car just floated until it grabbed on the pavement once you got all the way over into the next lane.

Anyone try these BFGoodrich's g-Force Super Sport A/S yet?:

They got a small but possitive write-up in the last Road and Track mag.

http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/bfg/bfg_gforce_ssas_ci2_l.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a review from http://www.subaruforester.org:

Drove up Big Cottonwood Canyon to Guardsman pass at 9700 feet elevation. I was able to try them on snow and ice at the top. On the way I was amazed at how much grip there was around the corners, I was able to push the car much further than I ever have before and noticed some weakness in my suspension(Sti takeoffs, sway bars and endlinks, sti pillow ball lateral links, subframe bolts, outrigger bushings, whiteline anti lift bushings, h brace and front strut bar) that the tires I had before were hiding. Sidewalls are nice and stiff and they aren't that loud as far as road noise on the freeway. I made it up to the top and had no problem accelerating on the ice and grip was good. Braking was not as good on the ice which it never is anyway but good in the snow. I had the camera to take pictures then realised there was no memory card in it so bummer. So far, I think these tires are amazing and live up to their all in one reputation. These are the next best thing to having a set of hardcore summer and winter tires especially for 580 installed compared to the michelin pilot sport a/s that were over 800, plus I think they are higher performance than the michelins. More to come....

Cobb vf39

What are they there for then? Because they didn't protect it rom my wife lightly curbing it either. LOL
The only thing that will protect a wheel from your wife is you. If you're not there, your wheels are not protected from her. You would be a terribly expensive feature to add to any tire, not to mention difficult to balance and low performance in the cold.
ignore him, he'll go away.

What made you go with the Goodyears instead of the Pirelli's again? I'm about to replace my P-Zeros also with about 40K on them and I have the Goodyears or Bridgestone 960AS as alternatives.

I didn't want to go back to P-Zeros because of tramlining.

I liked the P-Zeros, but I had read good things about the Goodyears and the Bridgestones and I bet that the newly designed tires would be better.

The only thing that will protect a wheel from your wife is you. If you're not there, your wheels are not protected from her. You would be a terribly expensive feature to add to any tire, not to mention difficult to balance and low performance in the cold.
:lol:
:spin:

Archived