LegacyGT.com

Official CENTRAL VALLEY, CA Thread!!!!!

FJuan

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for bumping this thread, I didn't know it existed. Technically I guess I am central valley since there are no hills to my east until you get to the Sierras. Just outside of the Tracy area.

Welcome back hmoob!!! And Fjaun, lets get something going again!!!

Lol DTeaser you're closer to the Bay Area. But you're welcome to join us if we have more than 2 car meet. Lol!!

Hmoob, welcome back. It's been several years since you been around. You still have the LGT?

My wife's balls are delicious.

Cool, as you can tell there hasn't been much activity since you left. I've only seen just a few 4th gens running around town now days.

Hit me up if you want to hang out, and later this spring I'll be heading back up to the Bay Area for the BAM (Bay Area Subaru Meet) event if you want to convoy with us.

Nice!!! I'll definately need to make time and meet up.. But for the BAM!! I just might be down for it.. Keep me posted.. I work from home.. So I'm usually free. Let me know!? Maybe we can get some other to join us also? You still in contact with Robert red leggy and Phil spec b?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Sigh. I confirmed it today. I have a head gasket leak. Bubbles in the over flow. Dank coolant. Time for a rebuild. :( But once back on the road for sure will be ready to meet up with some locals. :)

Sigh. I confirmed it today. I have a head gasket leak. Bubbles in the over flow. Dank coolant. Time for a rebuild. :( But once back on the road for sure will be ready to meet up with some locals. :)

Headgaskets are not too bad. It's always a big bummer to see bubbles. I've done a few. Just get gaskets, bolts and have heads decked. And free up a weekend. I've done it with the engine in the car, but it's a lot more satisfying to just pull the engine out. If you're up for it, you might do pistons and rings while it's all apart.

Headgaskets are not too bad. It's always a big bummer to see bubbles. I've done a few. Just get gaskets, bolts and have heads decked. And free up a weekend. I've done it with the engine in the car, but it's a lot more satisfying to just pull the engine out. If you're up for it, you might do pistons and rings while it's all apart.

That's just it. I'm pretty much not up for it. Course labor cost may force me to do all of this myself and in this case the goals may change. This is my only car and to do all of this myself would take more than a weekend. I have never rebuilt a motor myself so would have to take each step very slow.

This may still be on me based on cost. I may have some wheels to barrow but will not pull that trigger before I'm sure it's needed.

I can come up if you need any help and GTeaser from Brentwood I'm sure would be willing to come down. We can have the heads off easily in a day, then you'll have to take them to a machine shop to have them tested and re-decked. Then the following weekend slap them back on.

I'm seriously considering doing it myself... Now to find a decent machine shop. Good friend and guitar player in our band knows of a shop in the east bay.

Just not sure I'm going to have the funds to pay for the labor so here we go.

Will need to get a car borrowed last weekend of July so I can run around while it's down. I'll be in Richardson Texas last week of July, I may be able to go talk to Dave (hexmods) in person.

Really appreciate your offer! Will keep you guys in the loop.

Going to start collecting bits. May as well do the timing belt idlers and such while it's out.

I'll get a list together soon of the other items and make sure I have the right parts.

Have a bunch of other parts on the shelf already.

BK Oil Intake, Rallitech trans mount. Thinking to get the Group N Motor mounts and Infamous kit to complete the ACVS line upgrade.

Should i wait till the heads are decked before ordering head gaskets?

One thing I'm sketchy on is valve adjustment post head deck. I understand these are bucket over shim. Much like my Kawasaki KZ.

Valve measurements have to be done post install correct?

Need to get a stand and will probably rent a lift.

Now i have a reason to clean the garage. ;)

I might be wrong, but the shim under bucket design can be adjusted on the bench and off the car. Your machine shop should be able to disassemble the head and put back together just the way it came apart before the decking, and technically shouldn't need anything changed in the adjustment except account for wear to the valve seats and valves.

Hmmm. From what I understand about my bike I have to be able to rotate both cams to get all the measurements correctly... Pull the cams. Place the new shims. Assemble. Check. Repeat if needed.

Archived