LegacyGT.com

Interest study: If the factory radio did it all!

HighlineCA

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One other thing on this. Since I have an '07 will you have a core for this model or will I just send mine in? What would your expect the price to be without the core?

I am getting pretty excited about this. I would love to get these full range outputs to help clean up my system.

• 2 weeks later...

*lazy subscribe*

Also I would be interested in this, this is what I would like to do.

1. Get rid of my Kenwood in the cubby

2. Run a car PC monitor using the oem or custom bezel

3. Have a non equalized 4v out from the radio

4. Had a RCA in on the radio to feed the carputer into

And id want to do it with an mp3 headunit so i could use mp3 discs for short trips and fire up the carputer for long hauls.

I hadnt thought about it in awhile but having the stock stereo just sitting there taking up space does irk me.

Also with the level of electronics / circuitry knowledge you seem to have, Have you thought about offering a double din conversion like some people have done modifying the HU circuitry to allow the a/c to still work and to place a double din in the dash?

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

this thread has 2 primary components.. god and win. This thread also delivers without those nagging delivery fees that dominos pizza charges.

+1 I should pay more attention to the forums cos I'm still very interested in getting an aftermarket deck and keeping my DZ CC, or keeping the factory deck for aftermarket stuff. (I'd rather just have an aftermarket navi setup honestly and not run an amp or anything.)

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Wow, my first post to this board and I'm in. I want the aux in and the full range outputs. I don't want any x-over frequencies....that would make it easier for you anyway.

So the way I understand it, we will buy the unit from you since you'll have the cores and then we ship ours back to you? Or do you have any '07 cores that you sell? That would be the way to go for me. I'd love to be able to play MP3's directly from the unit.

When do you think this will be a go?

It is still in the works!

We have recently gained ideas on the output circuit. It might be a piggyback unit such as an Audiocontrol line driver, but we havent decided yet. Price is definately a factor we will maintain within, so we will source the best output circuit for the budget.

Yes we will offer any single upgrade you want. Unfortunately, the only way the features can be done, will be to send your unit in (or purchase a core) to our facility for modding. At this time, we will not be offering the upgrade as a self-install kit.

More updates will be coming along. It will be at least another few months before this is available. As it progresses, I will keep you updated.

Thanks everyone!

Rich @ HCA

:needpics:

dont think theres anything to picture. it will be a stock deck, just in the back there will be RCA jacks sending a line out signal so you can run it to aftermarket amps and have a quality stereo without installing a 3sixty or anything. (looks like the RCA jacks on the back of your TV or home stereo system. If you want to see their work with legacies in the past, check out their other mod, allowing people to use aftermarket decks. I have a specB with controls on my steering wheel therefore i dont want to loose those functions, and my radio is the 6cd MP3 capable deck, so the only thing its missing is those RCAs, so i can install my 200 watt kicker zx 4 channel amp, my memphis M class components, 500 watt memphis amp, and 15" kicker solobaric L7

To highline.... cant wait im in the process of purchasing another radio so I can send you mine and I have something to throw in the car while its gone keep us posted

400 for rca out and aux in, or 900 for double din... hmmm

i am waiting for someone tl sell their double din or a fierce price drop:rolleyes:

I like the performance of the stock deck, other than sound quality via crappy amp and speakers stock... but i own all the aftermarket equiptment just havent installed yet. I have the spec.b so I got the 6cd MP3 player, and the steering wheel controls, so those are incentives to keep the stock deck. Also have found alpine decks (only ones i buy) have crappy radio reception and i like listening to the radio sometimes, and I like the stock look.

If i need more sound ajustment than the stock deck can provide ill just get an aftermarket EQ and mount with the amps in the trunk...

tbh considering how "trapped" LGT owners are with their factory radio, these prices arent HORRIBLE. That doesn't mean my name is on the list tho. Maybe if this unit stops working or something...

I guess one thing to ask is if you give a P-201UH do you get back a 201? or since the newer decks are compatible (are they??) you get whatevers avalible? I for one think the 05 deck has a much more.. luxury look to it, the buttons on the 08s look cheap.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

One advantage on the '08 (possibly '07 too) is that it is MP3/WMA compatible. I heard a complaint that they had one that was just MP3, so the WMA may be new for '08.... Also of course the XM+Sirius is a plus.

One thing I would like owuld be a scrolling display..... HCA.... ANY chance you could do this....

If you order a core, it will be a 05-06 unit, so it will not have MP3/WMA capabilities. If you send in your 07+ radio, you will get it back modded.

Our bezel/hvac mod will not drop in price. Its an extrtemely difficult mod that we are undercutting ourselves on to provide for the LGT crowd. In all honesty, we would like to charge much more.

This is why we are developing the JDM conversion and the factory upgrade. Both will be priced on the spot. It will certainly draw more LGT owners to our mods and open more doors for the user. Soon, you will be able to keep your factory radio look, yet have the output ability of an aftermarket. For those that desire more, the JDM conversion will allow installation of any aftermarket, without the current price tag. (The JDM conversion and Factory Upgrade will be available in the near future. I will post new info as it comes along. If you have any questions regarding these 2 mods, please contact us directly via PM/email/call/text)

Keep in mind if we never modded the first one, and started a massive Groupbuy, the JDM conversion and factory upgrade would not remotely be available.

We have ideas on how to customize the display to our liking. This is some of the ideas Erik is working on. Development is a slow process.. Especially when we plan to bring mods/products never brought forth before.

Stay tuned!

Rich @ HCA

• 1 month later...

Oh yes. The JDM conversion will be a project in its own. But both are being developed at the same time (to find similarities). We are waiting for a schematic possibly provided from Kenwood themselves. I guess we'll see.

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

Archived