LegacyGT.com

Interest study: If the factory radio did it all!

HighlineCA

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are sorry guys. We are in debate on what to make next for the Legacy. During this process, we are also building a show car, which severely limits how much time we have. We will have some answers in the next few months.

Sorry updates havent been so prompt.

Rich @ HCA

End the debate, the JDM bezel conversion should be the focus of the 3 projects you currently have for the Legacy. :)

The factory radio thing is nice, the modded factory bezel is an amazing undertaking, but the JDM bezel conversion seems like the most reliable way to get an aftermarket deck in the car, and would probably move the most units.

more info in the next few months? this has gotten ridiculous. ive been reading these threads about highlines "progress" for a long time now. how long does it take to mold a peice of plastic? if you cant do it, just say so, quit pulling my leg

Mold a piece of plastic? This topic is about them modifying the factory radio to do capabilities that it is not made to do. It would obviously take more time than a mold.

The JDM bezel project is more difficult than getting the proper faceplate. From what I gathered, the JDM AC control is not built for our cars (obviously) and changes had to be made to it in addition to the faceplate for it.

I have waited a long time for this as well, but being patient for a good fix is what it is all about. If you think they are pulling your leg too much, just pony up for the other methods available.

Mold a piece of plastic? This topic is about them modifying the factory radio to do capabilities that it is not made to do. It would obviously take more time than a mold.

The JDM bezel project is more difficult than getting the proper faceplate. From what I gathered, the JDM AC control is not built for our cars (obviously) and changes had to be made to it in addition to the faceplate for it.

I have waited a long time for this as well, but being patient for a good fix is what it is all about. If you think they are pulling your leg too much, just pony up for the other methods available.

yeah the JDM dash is slanted the opposite direction & the AC unit doesnt fit right in there even physically let alone I have no idea about the connections...

but I myself wanted to keep stock unit with all stock functionality but have RCAs out so I can hook up my aftermarket amps & speakers

• 1 year later...

Archived