LegacyGT.com

Post your Project Cars here!

For me, my subaru is my daily driver / reliable car.

I wanted to share my interest with the subaru community. see my project car in the forum below.

for fun, I have this project, also shown in one of the pictures is another one of my toy's.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3531202

Lets see some projects! :spin: (can be subaru related ;))

1987 Supra 7mgte targa top, not a 2jz, new springs sway bars shocks, new drilled slotted rotors, 4 piston calipers. Slightly built5 speed by jasper racing. 7mgte rebuilt by jasper, then rebuilt by myself, port polished stock head, cams, forged internals, pt-67 turbo new fuel system. Had IRS until about 1 month ago, recently changed it out for a live axle with 3.73 rear end gears. Stand alone fuel management, The car made 517rwhp and 487rwtrq running 19psi on 93 octane gas. New waste gate, hard piping and front mount. Paid 2700 for car when i was stock with a blown head gasket, have put about 9,000 into it so about 12000 for everything. Last pass at the track was 11.09 at 127mph, no roll cage so i couldnt try for 10s, which i know i could do since i still had the IRS for my rear end, which is alot harder to launch even with drag radials and also weighs 110lbs more. Soon i will be moving the high boost up to 28psi, hoping for 600+rwhp which is a conservative number. Hopefully the car will go low 10s if i get a great run possibly high 9s.

also have a 79 Malibu with a 355, turbo 350 tranny with a shift kit and 3.73 rear end gears. Ran a 13.8 at full weight. Hopefully coming soon is a 454 twin turbo setup, trying to get 1400rwhp.

Nice baja bug project, Instanced!

I've been an air-cooled VW guy for over 20 years. I've owned a 1970 bug, 1972 bus, 1965 ghia, and my current 1969 ghia, which I've owned since 1990. 1969 is the last year w/ the small taillights and "nipple" blinkers and the first year with the four-jointed IRS. It also has the small bumpers (used through 1971), front disc brakes (first used in 1967), and 12V electrics (first used in 1967). It has a 2110cc (90.5mm x 82mm) stroker w/ ported and polished CB Performance 044 heads w/ 40mm x 35.5mm valves, 288 degree duration/0.4125" lift cam, dual Weber 44 IDFs, a 1 5/8" merged exhaust, real Hurst shifter (not an EMPI copy), and 3/4" sway bars front and rear. It's stock height w/ stock chrome, so it surprises people when it takes off like a jack rabbit.

I'm actually looking for a 1969 ghia convertible, which I'm planning on swapping the motor into, and then my coupe will be up for sale.

ghiars.JPG.cf1ba18b5985ae21c81ec4fff5acc7c2.JPG

I wish i had enough money to keep my ls1 car, my supra and my legacy GT. Im only paying for the legacy, the supra is paid off, but if i kept my T/A i would have been paying 900 a month in payments and car insurance combined. 20 years old with lots of tickets=220 a month for just the legacy in car insurance

Let see: I wish I had an SVX to work on.

My buddy has one... sitting next to a garage... not in it... next to it... :spin:

maybe he'll sell it if your interested... it leaks a ton of oil... it would be safe to say that the engine might need some work

I've been an air-cooled VW guy for over 20 years...it surprises people when it takes off like a jack rabbit.

I'm actually looking for a 1969 ghia convertible, which I'm planning on swapping the motor into, and then my coupe will be up for sale.

haha sweet, glad another subaru fan is also into the aircooled... my bug is a 71 super ... it needs a bunch of work...and so do i haha when it comes to aircooled... when this super was all together it could do wheelies!!... i remember back in my highschool yearbook I said i wanted a car that could do a wheelie... and i got my dream!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/Jeepr30/P7220111.jpg

my 91 gti surprises people all the time... because its badged as an 8v, but it has a 16v 2L swap, p&p head, piper 264 cam w/adjustable gear, bosal header, radiused valves, tt stainless exhaust, dta fuel management system, Quaife LSD, close ratio tranny with jetta diesal 5th gear (aka 6th gear)... makes for good cruising speed, but any sort of racing is no fun... also have full shine suspension with rear swaybar, hawk brake pads, 4 wheel disc, slotted disc and some ROTA slipstreams that need new rubber. soon it will have independant throttle bodies... i can't wait!

Here is a small driving clip (cameraman was a tard when he filmed it)

GTI Drive video by Jeepr30 - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid18.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/Jeepr30/P7220114.flv@@AMEPARAM@@vid18@@AMEPARAM@@18@@AMEPARAM@@b118/Jeepr30/P7220114

My buddy has one... sitting next to a garage... not in it... next to it... :spin:

maybe he'll sell it if your interested... it leaks a ton of oil... it would be safe to say that the engine might need some work

Oh I wish, but I have to pay for grad school.

Oh I wish, but I have to pay for grad school.

well by the time your done, the car will be cheaper...and probably have alittle more rust... i don't see it moving from that spot for along time... unless he sells it to me ;) but one project at a time.

Lets see some more projects... that bmw was crazy cool... were you bouncing the rev limiter off a brand new 0mile engine?? I hope you broke it in prior to that ;)

A built ls motor can handle some amazing amounts of power, i only broke my ls1 in for 200 miles, then raced all night. When i got rid of it with 60k on it, it was still running mid 12s with 3 bolt ons. I need to get a picture of my uncles project car, a 98 formula that has lost about 700 lbs. The motor and tranny setup was in his 78 Trans Am and it ran mid 8s with 1400rwhp. Now its goin into a car that weighs 500lbs less.

my bug is a 71 super ... it needs a bunch of work...and so do i haha when it comes to aircooled... when this super was all together it could do wheelies!!... i remember back in my highschool yearbook I said i wanted a car that could do a wheelie... and i got my dream!

I don't see very many modified Super Beetles, especially not bajas, probably because there's not much of an aftermarket for the front Mac struts on the Super Beetles. What size engine do you have in that baja? Cam? Heads? Are those Weber IDFs or Dellorto DRLAs? I couldn't tell from the picture.

well by the time your done, the car will be cheaper...and probably have alittle more rust... i don't see it moving from that spot for along time... unless he sells it to me ;) but one project at a time.

Lets see some more projects... that bmw was crazy cool... were you bouncing the rev limiter off a brand new 0mile engine?? I hope you broke it in prior to that ;)

Don't you fret, the motor was broken in properly.

I've been an air-cooled VW guy for over 20 years. I've owned a 1970 bug, 1972 bus, 1965 ghia, and my current 1969 ghia, which I've owned since 1990. 1969 is the last year w/ the small taillights and "nipple" blinkers and the first year with the four-jointed IRS. It also has the small bumpers (used through 1971), front disc brakes (first used in 1967), and 12V electrics (first used in 1967). It has a 2110cc (90.5mm x 82mm) stroker w/ ported and polished CB Performance 044 heads w/ 40mm x 35.5mm valves, 288 degree duration/0.4125" lift cam, dual Weber 44 IDFs, a 1 5/8" merged exhaust, real Hurst shifter (not an EMPI copy), and 3/4" sway bars front and rear. It's stock height w/ stock chrome, so it surprises people when it takes off like a jack rabbit.

I used to be into VWs too. Well I still am I just don't own any right now.

my first new car purchase was an '86 GTI.

I also had a cherry '78 Westy bus that I resored drove for 10 years then sold for 3x what I paid, how often does that happen?

Then I built a GTI truck from an old '83 Rabbit diesel pickup that I dropped a GTI engine into and installed all the GTI boy work, fender flares etc.

I also had a 2001 Eurovan Winnebago Camper that I bought new, drove for 3 years and sold for exactly what I paid for it new. Since they stopped making them the prices skyrocketed.

VWs have been very good to me.

I don't see very many modified Super Beetles, especially not bajas, probably because there's not much of an aftermarket for the front Mac struts on the Super Beetles. What size engine do you have in that baja? Cam? Heads? Are those Weber IDFs or Dellorto DRLAs? I couldn't tell from the picture.

its got a 1600 from a bus, those are webers... and I'm not really sure about the internals... though from what i've been told... the engine has around 1500 miles on it... still the break-in oil... the guy who built it originally trailered it to shows and rarely drove it... when i replace the pushrod tubes, i'll be able to see if that statement holds true... and I know your prolly think'n that the 1600 couldn't pop wheelies on that car... but the whole front is fiberglass, and all the extra metal/wood in the rear weighed that down a bit... now that its all gone... i bet it won't.

the real jem about the car is it came with original Carrol Shelby Rims... offsets too... the rear wheels lips are twice the front... they're crazy! (again what i was told, i have no idea if it holds true about originality):)

This is my other car . 1989 GTI 16V 2.0

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125/dplacen/toyota-rav-4-037.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125/dplacen/toyota-rav-4-035-1.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125/dplacen/toyota-rav-4-029.jpg

This is my other car . 1989 GTI 16V 2.0

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125/dplacen/toyota-rav-4-037.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125/dplacen/toyota-rav-4-035-1.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125/dplacen/toyota-rav-4-029.jpg

Nice:wub:

Nice:wub:

X2

like the interior. specially the steering wheel ;)

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/Jeepr30/Picture027.jpg

did you do the swap? was it swapped? i dont see any 16v badges inside. i bought my car with everything all done :)... well i actually traded it for a dirt bike... and i only paid $600ish for the bike ;)

Archived