LegacyGT.com

New logs: how crappy is this :spin:

unstablementaly

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so THATS why my wrist is killing me!!:lol:

No, that's why your going blind!:lol: Didn't your mother warn you?

Sorry man, but it was probably the detonation(and the small piece of your piston) that blew a hole in your header. I'm now a true believer in the theory that some intakes are just bad news for our cars.

Let's kick this pig!

FWIW, to correct a problem with my previous tune (from a tuner not involved in this thread), Jarrad at PDXT sent me a "make do" map, which accounted for my listed modifications - including the Perrin Short Ram.

When Tim was on the dyno with my car, with this map in-place, he actually aborted the "baseline" run as he was uncomfortable with how things were looking, and didn't want to push it too much. He around two hours tuning my car, and when he finally stepped out, I asked him what was up. He flat-out said it was the Perrin SRI that had been giving him headaches.

I've always been told by "everyone" that this particular intake required the tuner to compensate for the unique vehicle to which it was grafted onto. After two tune sessions (and another piece of data from a WRX owner whom I trust), I was a firm enough believer in this to also have re-told this piece of info. to others.

I'm just addicted to the way the thing sounds. :redface:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

nope, hence it's death. and whatever abuse it took before i ever bot my grubby little hands on it.

I know a guy with a WRX on its third engine.

Some time before he got it it had been strongly modified, good stuff, a powerful car.

But the tuner apparently walked it up to the edge of the precipice, teetering. And the awesome WRX that amazed ate some pistons. And Daddy rebuilt it, ignoring repeated advice to "log."

It ate some more pistons, and the block. But Daddy had more cents than sense, and once more it was reincarnated.

I see it around. It is a fine sounding car. This son takes a little better care of it than the other. But still there is no idea what it's doing inside, no one looks even though they have the means.

Some people never learn.

Archived