LegacyGT.com

New logs: how crappy is this :spin:

unstablementaly

Stop resetting/reflashing the ecu and stop doing WOT logs.

Do not drive over 4000 rpm and stay off rapid throttle changes.

Drive on the freeway at a very high legal speed with constant throttle (don't worry about speed fluctuations). Just try to drive with constant throttle. Try to do this as long as you can.

Then do the same type of drive on a really long boulevard with no stop lights. Drive around 25 to 35 mph at a low rpm.

Then come back and tell us what AFR Learning A, B, C, and D is.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should really listen to Mickeyd2005.

I for one think the intake is solely responsible for your problems. It might not be, but an intake with a tune that doesn't work with that intake can easily cause all the problems you are saying.

and the final answer is..............................

wait for it...............................

keep waiting......................................

TA DA!!!!!!!!!!!!! cylinder #4 is toast!!!!! compression test. 125,125,125,75. ain't life grand? so, being that i'm not ready to swap the engine, or even yank it for a rebuild just yet, anyone got some pointers to stretch my longevity out a couple of months? i can easily stay away from puttin miles on the car. but now i have to put some bucks away before i do a rebuild. and any suggestions on the best route to go? lookin to keep the stock turbo for now. that upgrade is still something that is much further down the road. but might as well build the engine to handle upgraded power. so, vendors and parts that i should look into? thanks guys. you've all been excellent!

Is this what caused the issue all along, or was it the tune that caused this? Just a note, when I had my AEM CAI, I had a protune done on my car with the intake (not TDC) and after a few months my car would go into limp mode, I was seeing up to -8 to -9 degree's of timing being pulled .. I took the CAI off .. and it fixed my issues for the most part.

Is this what caused the issue all along, or was it the tune that caused this? Just a note, when I had my AEM CAI, I had a protune done on my car with the intake (not TDC) and after a few months my car would go into limp mode, I was seeing up to -8 to -9 degree's of timing being pulled .. I took the CAI off .. and it fixed my issues for the most part.

Naturally one would think the tune would lead up to the failure, but probally could blame that on the Perrin SRI's difficulty to dial in.

WOW...that really sucks Unstable.

How many miles on the motor?

now, 26300. you pay to play, i'm payin!!! off to start pricin parts. wanna build the engine strong enough to handle future power. but i don't wanna blow my tranny with it either. so i might go a little overkill on the pistons and rods. any advice from here out will be greatly appreciated.

now, 26300. you pay to play, i'm payin!!! off to start pricin parts. wanna build the engine strong enough to handle future power. but i don't wanna blow my tranny with it either. so i might go a little overkill on the pistons and rods. any advice from here out will be greatly appreciated.

I've heard good things about weiscos, CP makes a good piston, crower makes some top notch rods

Naturally one would think the tune would lead up to the failure, but probally could blame that on the Perrin SRI's difficulty to dial in.

Yes, or the user that never gets the tune adjusted properly for said intake before beating the ever lovin' piss out of the car. I would call it user error.

Moral to the story:

When the car runs like crap just stop; don't beat it even harder and more frequently.

Let's kick this pig!

Yes, or the user that never gets the tune adjusted properly for said intake before beating the ever lovin' piss out of the car. I would call it user error.

Moral to the story:

When the car runs like crap just stop; don't beat it even harder and more frequently.

moral of the story, don't take vendors words about their maps at face value. ;)

didn't bother logging. just gonna drive the car like granny. probably gonna tear it completely back to stock with stock map. less is hopefully gonna be more. longevity that is.

You don't need to log. Just turn on the engine and click on the parameters. It's a table in RAM.

Archived