LegacyGT.com

06 Acura RL Old man car??

Also, saw an used 06 RL for a very good price.

I would never pay what they are asking......

So which is it?

It is an old man's car...I want one and I am 50. Plus young punks can't afford it...also makes it an old man's car.

I'll bet it doesn't have nearly as many issues as Subarus do.

It is still ugly.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IMO, the previous generation RLs were definitely overpriced "old man cars" when new, but the '05 and newer RLs w/ SHAWD are much sportier and offer better value for the dollar when new. That said, however, the RL suffers in the marketplace because it is being compared to RWD competitors w/ V-8s such as the Infiniti M45 and Lexus GS430. I still think it is a very good car regardless even though I still find it a bit "vanilla" for my taste.

That's less true in New England, where RWD V8's are considered baby fur seals for winter driving. By contrast I saw a 3.5RL the other day with ugly rims and expensive snows all-around. The big Lexii all head to Florida for the Winter....

Who Dares Wins

スバル

So which is it?

It is an old man's car...I want one and I am 50. Plus young punks can't afford it...also makes it an old man's car.

I'll bet it doesn't have nearly as many issues as Subarus do.

LOL It is a very good price, and I still won't pay what they are asking.. So...

my answer is both.:)

yes, at 34 I can aford it. No punk here.

Just got back from driving it.

YES, Old man car......:) It's a nice car but,

1. Steering is too light and loose.

2. Handles ok, but not sporty. At least not to me.

The inside is very nice. The plastics and leather are what a car should be. Still don't know why Subie can't go that last 9/10ths.........

The RL is a nice car but I would rather have something less sporty than mine and less cushy than an RL. The answer is the TL but no AWD and that stops me.

If I don't get the Spec B, I may keep mine until the TL is AWD.

If you can afford that thang then go for it. Generally cars with that price tags are driven by old men. But i like the RL

Normally, woudln't look at a car that is this much money. This one is 32k for an 06 with 27k miles. Nada says that car should be 36k.

Actually when I went to look at it (no price on the window) I asked how much it was. The salesman looked it up and said it looks like it is 36k. I told him it is on the internet for 32k. He didn't think that was correct. He went to check with his manager and said it is 32k, but not one dollar less. They want to get rid of it and just started advertising.

Basically, I would have to pay the last 3 months lease on my LGT and buy this car. Not worth it even at the great price. Maybe if I LOVED the RL, but still not my taste. Not yet.. maybe in a few years.

Love the TL SPEC A though... NICE CAR.

The Acura RL is not an old man's car.

It may not be as sporty looking as an TL but if you could afford it I say go for it.

It is nice to have a non-domestic luxury sedan that could fit three adults in the back comfortably.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

The Acura RL is not an old man's car.

It may not be as sporty looking as an TL but if you could afford it I say go for it.

It is nice to have a non-domestic luxury sedan that could fit three adults in the back comfortably.

lol you said that right! i can barely fit 1.5 of my friends in the back of my Legacy

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

im not going to have to worry about transportation for awhile, i pretty much have a vehicle for every situation in the driveway.

87 yota truck hauling duties

85 celica rwd economy/track purposes

05 lgt, date car

08 base legacy, dads/my beater

07 tl, bling factor

96 sedan deville, if i have to haul 7 people or drive 3000 miles 1 way

id say just keep the legacy, if the tl was awd it would be perfect, but i hate the torque steer on that car

if u want an old man car ill sell u the caddy:lol:, only has 44,000 on it

I switched to my Legacy from an Acura. Maybe they have power, but it's totally uninspiring. I'm 27 - maybe I just wasn't ready to ride on an air cushion. The Legacy has much more noise but it is kinda nice to actually feel and hear my car work. Fit and finish wise, I don't think SOA will ever touch Acura - the Acuras are just so much nicer.

I take it you are looking at that used Spec B up at Burlington Subaru. I took my car up there for warranty work and I went to the wrong car when I was done, I was so damn confused

I saw the used spec b but didn't drive it. I did drive the one 08 spec B while I was waiting for them to put on my snow tires. I will probably lease so the new one was the way to go.

I hate the blue seats in the 07, and I hate the new lower rear reflectors on 08... So I guess I have to pick the lesser of the two evils... Probably the 08 spec B. Problem is it is newer and nice refinements but was still similar to mine.

I switched to my Legacy from an Acura. Maybe they have power, but it's totally uninspiring. I'm 27 - maybe I just wasn't ready to ride on an air cushion. The Legacy has much more noise but it is kinda nice to actually feel and hear my car work. Fit and finish wise, I don't think SOA will ever touch Acura - the Acuras are just so much nicer.

I drove the RL. It was nice. Cushy, still sporty,, but I didn't like it. It was too far away from sporty for me. TL much much better since it has a great combination of sporty and luxury.

I actually got back in my car after driving the RL and my car didn't seem that much noiser. Even with the snow tires on. I just wish Subie would go that little bit more and upgrade the dash materials. The small details is what the Subie is still missing a bit.

The RL I drove was used too. Maybe that had something to do with it. It needed to be aligned as the brakes would shake when braking medium to hard.

Lol i fit 7 people in my 96 Firebird formula when we were at a party and one of our friends just left without telling anyone and the rest of my friends didnt have a ride. Dont tell me you cant fit more than 1.5 people in the back of a legacy.

Lol i fit 7 people in my 96 Firebird formula when we were at a party and one of our friends just left without telling anyone and the rest of my friends didnt have a ride. Dont tell me you cant fit more than 1.5 people in the back of a legacy.

Damn I used to have a 98 and a 99, i would have loved to seen that.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

My wife and I have owned many Acuras, including:

'87.5 Legend Coupe

'88 Integra LS Coupe

'90 Integra LS Coupe

'90 (?) Legend Sedan

'95 Integra GS-R Sedan

'04 TL

... and a handful of Subies as well:

'02 WRX 5MT

'04 STi

'05 LGT

'08 Tribeca

'08 Spec.B

I haven't driven the current RL, but have driven the current TL-S before deciding on the Spec.B. The TL's power is absolutely wasted on front wheel hop at launch (or with "traction control" reducing the power to prevent it), and it's handling is numb.

The main difference between the Acuras (in general) and the Subies (in general):

If you're more interested in being a passenger, Acuras are better.

If you're more interested in being a driver, Subarus are better.

:)

YMMV / IMHO. Just an opinion, no hate mail needed.

Damn I used to have a 98 and a 99, i would have loved to seen that.

Yeah and when i got my 2000 Trans Am not 1 person ever sat back there but my daughter. The 96 got put through hell though, i had that when would still floor my car every chance i got.

Archived