LegacyGT.com

Rota or Enkei

Hanger

I had these two sets back in the day (1998 / 99, IIRC)

The Zoku is a set that can hold it's own even today, but the Katana was cool for about 10 minutes!:lol:

And they were bloody expensive too! Almost 500 bucks a rim! Ahhh, to be 22 and to blow all your income on over-priced car stuff!:lol:

(pics aren't mine... just taken off Google for reference. I didn't have a digital camera back in 1998.:rolleyes:)

42987_1.jpg.e8732c5d65839efa9d94516c311bbb81.jpg

0101050102070104082007112645abcbf39dfbd110a8006d32.jpg.875ea674d83ffc122acc51b66fb06d45.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anybody know where the low end enkei's are produced? my bet is china along with most of the other low end stuff.

enkei makes incredible wheels (the ones actually made in japan), but I have to agree that the low end stuff in the states tarnishes their reputation.

ame .......... another league - great designs AND MARKETING.

Rays makes low end stuff too and people advertise it as "RAYS whatever brand XXX" :)

I repeat....buy Volk buy the best.

They are way more money but they are without any doubt the best rim....

and after they are on your ride you can proceed to watch everyone else who has cheap rims drool all over yours.

I'm saving up for mine!

I love Volk rims. I would be a neverous wreck if I had those on my car because of potholes, curbs and thieves!:eek:

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

I repeat....buy Volk buy the best.

They are way more money but they are without any doubt the best rim....

and after they are on your ride you can proceed to watch everyone else who has cheap rims drool all over yours.

I'm saving up for mine!

That's really subjective. I personally think both Advan and AME (Enkei) make better rims than Volk.

I had never heard of AME before reading this thread, but I checked around online and they look pretty impressive. The Circlar R especially is a really nice 5-spoke design, especially since they offer several different dish options.

I really like Rota's... everyone says they take everyone elses designs... but seriously guys... what wheel hasn't been invented already??? there are thousands of designs... probably millions... I don't think any company can make a wheel and have it not be accused of ripping off some other rim company. my favorite rim is the teddy bear rims... those are just sweet... and the rims that project images as they move... thats programmable... thats amazing as well ;)

its true there are only so many designs you can come up with, but when a company such as prodrive releases a brand new wheel, and "coincidentally" rota releases a new wheel after a couple months that looks almost the same, I think that is ripping a wheel off.

Archived