LegacyGT.com

Official 07/08 Mammoth Mtn Thread =b

SnoDork

dang, you guys are on some small wood. i weigh 145 and ride a Havoc 152. maybe i should go smaller. i don't do park though.

That SoCal style baby! I notice East Coast and Rockies peeps tend to ride longer shredsticks. I think 152cm is a good fit for your weight. But are you much taller?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha you don't want to really know. :lol: I have eleven boards, from 158cm to 188cm depending on the conditions. My pow boards are a Burton Fish 160 and an O'sin 4807 178cm swallow tail. The Fish for Mammoth's trees, and the swallow tail for stupid fast pow runs off of the top.

:D

Yes, I waste my money on both the LGT and boarding.. oh and I ski too. :spin:

Aint' nothin' wrong w/ that my friend!:icon_tong

But damn I wonder how do you manage to carry those big sticks. I don't think my cargo box would be able to accommodate them.

That SoCal style baby! I notice East Coast and Rockies peeps tend to ride longer shredsticks. I think 152cm is a good fit for your weight. But are you much taller?

i'm a shorty...5'6". my first board was a 151, and though i "upgraded" in a sense to a board with more sidecut and better materials, i was hesitant to move to a bigger board because I'm still just average (can ride blues all days but rarely blacks) and don't think I can fully maneuver my board properly even now.

Mammoth

Saturday: 1/26 - Clear Skies, sunshine and Joyness all around!

Sunday: 1/27 - Outback + Thule box....BURRIED in snow, Can You say...Dumpage!! woot woot!

OH and Will is ghey for riding June when we were @ Mammoth!!

~Sucka-Duck~

Aint' nothin' wrong w/ that my friend!:icon_tong

But damn I wonder how do you manage to carry those big sticks. I don't think my cargo box would be able to accommodate them.

I can fit the 188 inside with the seats folded down. I need to move the passenger seat up a bit to make it work, but its not a problem.

Mammoth

Sunday: 1/27 - Outback + Thule box....BURRIED in snow, Can You say...Dumpage!! woot woot!

Yes, June Sux, so continue to stay away ;).

:lol:

Mammoth

Hey June is just as fun besides we had a beginner in our group and we thought she'd be better off riding at June on the first day (money wise too).

But I rode Mammoth today and contacted your ass beforehand but never got a response back.:icon_frow The weather sucked today...no visibility at all and high winds shut down most of the fun lifts by 1pm!:mad:

haha...395 closed 11 miles NORTH of Bishop...dang!

You still up there Merv? Damn the drive down on 395 last night between Mammoth Lakes & Bishop was some GNARLY SHIT!! I had never driven through anything that bad out of all the times I've gone up there! The thing was it wasn't even that bad in Mammoth! We had blizzard and white out condition and I had my defroster on max but the windshield was still fogging up I was pissed!:mad: I think the culprit was the chunks of ice that somehow got stuck on my wiper blades.:icon_roll But I've gotta say Legacy rocks cuz not once did I lose traction and I basically passed everybody (not driving crazy though) haha!!:icon_mrgr

Just got back...absolute MESS in mammoth today. We hung back and had a proper breakfast at The Stove. Then packed up and left by 1pm. But the mountain was pretty much closed all morning, roads were a disaster...white out conditions, people driving like retards...

Jesus had to toe out a Benz burried in the snow, as we were leaving mammoth the storm broke and there was the sunshine!! Tomorrow is gonna be a PERFECT day! damnit!

But glad to be home and out of that mess!!

We'll ride next trip Will...fo Sho!

~Sucka-Duck~

Oh Snap, Jesus save another soul !!! :lol::lol:

I wish I could go to mammoth this next week. I will have to settle for Big Bear though. I am heading up Friday for a 1/2 day. Then on Saturday I have a rally-x race to win. Then on Sunday I do another 1/2 day, to top the weekend off I am going to watch the NY Giants kick some Patriot azz in the Superbowl.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

Just got back...absolute MESS in mammoth today. We hung back and had a proper breakfast at The Stove. Then packed up and left by 1pm. But the mountain was pretty much closed all morning, roads were a disaster...white out conditions, people driving like retards...

Jesus had to toe out a Benz burried in the snow, as we were leaving mammoth the storm broke and there was the sunshine!! Tomorrow is gonna be a PERFECT day! damnit!

But glad to be home and out of that mess!!

We'll ride next trip Will...fo Sho!

Yeah, Fo' Sho'!! I was bummed we couldn't meet up at all last weekend. Now looking back I think if we had left Mammoth a bit later CHP might've shut down the 395 and we would've been stuck. Damn my Legacy is da snow chompin' machine...it never got stuck once!:cool:

What did Jon drive up there? And I didn't know The Stove's open for breakfast too.

Oh Snap, Jesus save another soul !!! :lol::lol:

I wish I could go to mammoth this next week. I will have to settle for Big Bear though. I am heading up Friday for a 1/2 day. Then on Saturday I have a rally-x race to win. Then on Sunday I do another 1/2 day, to top the weekend off I am going to watch the NY Giants kick some Patriot azz in the Superbowl.

Are you going to ride Summit or Bear? I'm thinking about hitting Bear on Friday too and possibly on Sun again.

Unlike most of you I don't really care that much for football and I ALWAYS ride on Super Bowl Sunday. More mountain for me!:icon_mrgr

• 2 weeks later...

Who's down hitting Mammoth / June with me over President's Day Weekend (2/16~2/18)? I might go just Sunday and Monday and I got a killer rate at The Fabulous Motel 6 for Sunday night!

Gas split between 2 people is usually between $50 to $60. Let me know but only if you're serious, please.:) (none of that "I wanna go but...")

Archived