LegacyGT.com

Official 07/08 Mammoth Mtn Thread =b

SnoDork

Okay, so I just got laid off work and got some free time. Who's up for a weekday mammoth trip, or if you have a trip planned and have space for one more? I'm trying to go in the next week or two?

What's up Amit? You've been working too hard you need to treat yourself!:)

I just checked the weather forecast and it looks like Mammoth will be getting snow next Mon~Thur. I'm really tempted to go for at least 2 days. The mountain will be pretty empty and hotel cheaper since you don't need to worry about work.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I think it's about friggin' we really kick start this thread and put it in gear. I'll share some pix from my trip this past weekend since Merv didn't bother to do so (even though he's the first one up there this season).;)

CIMG4754x.JPG.ce885b80fb51ff56ea7d8ec9c0a42d5e.JPG

Don't let the sunshine fool you. It was REALLY cold, especially on Saturday. I had to wear an extra layer even w/ my "Mammoth duty" jacket. The lines were long-ish in the morning b/c they just got dumped on but I just took the single line and got on the lift in no time!:cool:

CIMG4765x.JPG.aafaf754fcf7e7268c1789a533b99b16.JPG

Got off Stump Alley Express, looking up toward the top of the mountain. They only opened the top in the afternoon (avie control and dense fog). I never bothered going up there...it was too friggin' cold!:icon_roll

CIMG4785x.JPG.cf3b05fb38549cda3fc5faf049df1e29.JPG

Looking over Broadway from the sun deck at Main Lodge. Unbound Main was fun too. I even cleared the huge flat-down box combo!

CIMG4788x.JPG.960b4f4b2179446c56e8a09b3e4356d9.JPG

We got a little more snow over night on Sat.

CIMG4789x.JPG.fce1bb34aebd7411245f8e31a9289b57.JPG

Chilling by the car after calling it a day. We were both so beat but had a blast!:icon_mrgr

Actually my lower back's been hurting (the same thing happened after my first outing at Mammoth last season) cuz I think I was pushing too hard. But I'll be ready again come the end of this week!

What's up Amit? You've been working too hard you need to treat yourself!:)

I just checked the weather forecast and it looks like Mammoth will be getting snow next Mon~Thur. I'm really tempted to go for at least 2 days. The mountain will be pretty empty and hotel cheaper since you don't need to worry about work.

Yo mang, I dont know if the wife would let me swing a 2 day trip (possibly if I found a job before then?):lol:. Let me know your thoughts about when?

Infamous Tuned

Yo mang, I dont know if the wife would let me swing a 2 day trip (possibly if I found a job before then?):lol:. Let me know your thoughts about when?

:confused: I thought you said you wanted to go during the week? If we're going all the way up to Mammoth it can't be a 1 day thing...too harsh on the body and not worth the gas money.

Lemme know, it looks like they'll get dumped on again next week and I'm serious about going up there.

I've already made reservation at the fabulous Motel 6 just in case!:icon_mrgr

:confused: I thought you said you wanted to go during the week? If we're going all the way up to Mammoth it can't be a 1 day thing...too harsh on the body and not worth the gas money.

Lemme know, it looks like they'll get dumped on again next week and I'm serious about going up there.

I've already made reservation at the fabulous Motel 6 just in case!:icon_mrgr

Thursday looks good to me, I feel you on the whole 1 day thing but letme see how she takes it and I will let you know for sure. How much are lift tickets these days?

Infamous Tuned

Man, I am jealous of you guys. I have been working soooooo much lately I have not been able to head up yet. The kicker is that I am shooting in downtown right now and I have a great view of the mountains and all the snow. It is just sitting there teasing and calling me to come out and play.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

if you guys get a chance, can you guys take a few pictures of how it's like up there?

never really seen snow before, and i'm really want to try Snowboarding out

Dude, didn't you see the numerous pix I put up in this thread from my Mammoth outing last weekend?:rolleyes:

had a great 2 days of snowboarding..

Today was PACKED with people on the slopes and way to many noobs that needed to be on the bunny slopes and not up near the top of the mountain.

man I wish I had picks but my cousin has them on his cam.

Dude Garrett I don't got your number otherwise I would've tried to call you. Did you go to Summit or Bear?

nice!! how is the snow?? i am going to bear on sunday

For real Ben? Let's meet up...I'm planning on heading back up there on Sunday. I'm such a snow whore!:lol:

The snow was really nice today even though there were more people than I had expected. It never got choppy, even toward closing time....just some parts got icy but that's unavoidable in the afternoon.:icon_frow

Beautiful weather, pulled off a few moves, fell on my ass a few times but had a blast!:icon_mrgr

snow is allright.

you can tell its man made because its icy in areas.

you'll love it.

Well surface get icy b/c of wind and temp. changes, shadows, etc. Generally man-made snow pack holds up better than natural snow, which gets chopped up pretty quickly.

Thursday looks good to me, I feel you on the whole 1 day thing but letme see how she takes it and I will let you know for sure. How much are lift tickets these days?

Reason w/ her...she'll understand.;)

So we're shooting for Wed & Thur? It'd be rad if you can pull it off. I think tix are still slightly discounted at $70? You need to check the website cuz I've got a season pass.:cool:

Archived