LegacyGT.com

Official 07/08 Mammoth Mtn Thread =b

SnoDork

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice... I have a feeling this weekend is going to be super packed. Good idea going to June, but seeing as how were staying walking distance from the lifts I don't think anyone will be up for the drive.

I'll be on the lookout for the Legacys but I'll be heading up in a beige lifted diesel GMC truck.

my leggy is stayin home unfortunately, summer tires and rims...

riding in my sisters wrx wagon.

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

I'm on a flight next Saturday morning heading to Washington where I then get to drive 4 more hours up into Canada to go boarding for a few days. I'll have plenty of pics to share when I get back.

BTW.. Since its like only 6º up there I can't be wearing my camo uniform pants anymore so I have to buy some new pants.

Anyone know of a good brand to get that will keep me warm and dry?

I'm on a flight next Saturday morning heading to Washington where I then get to drive 4 more hours up into Canada to go boarding for a few days. I'll have plenty of pics to share when I get back.

BTW.. Since its like only 6º up there I can't be wearing my camo uniform pants anymore so I have to buy some new pants.

Anyone know of a good brand to get that will keep me warm and dry?

you wear a XL or L in snowboard pants? KC bought me a pair of XL's Some NICE Volcom ones...but they are too big...i'll give you a DEAL on em!!

~Sucka-Duck~

Sounds about right. Definitely do not bring your SoCal park attire up to Whistler.;) Bring layers just in case. If you've got an insolated or down jacket even better.

These days any major brands make good outerwear (686, Ride, Volcom, Burton, Quicksilver, Billabong, etc.). If you're not sure just hit up a chain store like Sport Chalet and you'll get plenty to choose from.

It looks like it started snowing up there again and the mountain will continue to get snow throughout the week so who's down for a Mammoth run this coming weekend? (1/26~1/27)

I've already got a reservation for 2 beds at the fabulous Motel 6. Typically with 2 people the split cost for gas and room is around $100...not too bad. I usually leave here no later than 4am Saturday morning and return around 10pm on Sunday.

man... i'd love to come up and go with you guys but I'm going to Canada Saturday morning and I come back tuesday night....

I know my dad wants to get up to mammoth sometime so maybe I can talk him into travelling up with me and a couple of you guys and we'll all split on something. If we can get a week off we can rent a place for a week and split the cost.

I'm Finally Going up this weekend!!

1/25-27

Me, KC & BabyE

&

Jesus, Shannon & Lilly!!

ROCK oN!

It's about friggin' time! You've gotta show me how you roll...no excuses!:icon_mrgr

But I guess we're going to have to head up separately.:icon_frow You guys got a cabin?

Its too crowded here right now. Stay away! :)

High winds today, and it started snowing/graupeling since earlier this evening.

Yeah I've been told for some reason MLK weekend is typically their busiest weekend of the season.

Will you be heading back there this coming weekend? Maybe we can tag team.:)

This weekend, no unfortunately I have a business trip, and my new custom snowboard shows up today!!! :( I will hopefully head up the weekend after or maybe the 8th.

Bummer. Well I'll be sure to slash some pow for you.:) It's time for me to call out my Jeremy Jones 156 (I use that as my "powder / big mountain" stick :lol:)!

What board were you riding til now?

It's about friggin' time! You've gotta show me how you roll...no excuses!:icon_mrgr

But I guess we're going to have to head up separately.:icon_frow You guys got a cabin?

Jup...The Lovely mammoth Estates!! We'll (all) probably leave SoCaL friday @ 12pm and get up there just in time for din din!!

~Sucka-Duck~

Gotta get some new boots!! My 32's are falling apart on me!...

Hmmm...159 Ride Yukon this weekend or my 155 Peter Line?? decisions decisions!

Bring both! I'll have both my Rome Graft 153 and Burton Jeremy Jones 156 in the cargo box.:icon_mrgr

Dude the Yukon is a stiff board...you've got iron legs or what?

Bummer. Well I'll be sure to slash some pow for you.:) It's time for me to call out my Jeremy Jones 156 (I use that as my "powder / big mountain" stick :lol:)!

What board were you riding til now?

Haha you don't want to really know. :lol: I have eleven boards, from 158cm to 188cm depending on the conditions. My pow boards are a Burton Fish 160 and an O'sin 4807 178cm swallow tail. The Fish for Mammoth's trees, and the swallow tail for stupid fast pow runs off of the top.

:D

Yes, I waste my money on both the LGT and boarding.. oh and I ski too. :spin:

Haha you don't want to really know. :lol: I have eleven boards, from 158cm to 188cm depending on the conditions. My pow boards are a Burton Fish 160 and an O'sin 4807 178cm swallow tail. The Fish for Mammoth's trees, and the swallow tail for stupid fast pow runs off of the top.

:D

Yes, I waste my money on both the LGT and boarding.. oh and I ski too. :spin:

NIce to know another Double Addiction Member!!

my line up this far:

Kevin Jones 151 - park/spring riding

Peter Line 155 - Goto board 4 all day all condition riding

Ride Timeless 155 - fresh pack/groomed & powder - no park days

Ride Yukon 159 (wide) - Pow pow/crusin funness!!

~Sucka-Duck~

Archived