LegacyGT.com

How much is my 08 GT worth?

I dont think it needs to be said that im an very unsatsified with my LGT. There are many things wrong or defective with it I dont know if its going to last me in the long run. Plus the performance side of it is lacking. What I would perfer to do, nothing is written in stone though, is wait until the Evo X comes out. According to many websites pricing (for the GSR) should be in the lower 30's. About what I paid for my LGT. My LGT has the following options:

Navigation

5EAT

Spoiler

"factory" tinted rear windows

errr, I think thats the only things on the LGT really, there werent many options. Problems aside if I were to trade this in around January or February what do you think I could get for trading it in. I currently owe $29,290. Payments are $522.01/month (dont worry I can afford that as I have no other bills, plus it is a 1/4 of my net income)

I get flamed for having a '99, but ya know what, my '99 doesnt rattle, shake...or go very fast. Sorry your Legacy expirience has been soured. Not sure if it helps but I got $7k (private party sale) back '05 for my '96 which kbb said was only worth $6200. Actually had a couple people make offers so naturally I took the best.

I get flamed for having a '99, but ya know what, my '99 doesnt rattle, shake...or go very fast. Sorry your Legacy expirience has been soured. Not sure if it helps but I got $7k (private party sale) back '05 for my '96 which kbb said was only worth $6200. Actually had a couple people make offers so naturally I took the best.

I cant always go by websites thats why I am asking here. For example, one website says an 07 with my options is worth only $23,xxx. I cant believe that. And when I traed in my 2001 S4 they gave me well over book value.

So did the dealership fix any of your issues?

I saw a few here on the site, and most seem to be things that they can fix, unless they are not capable.

All cars have issues, is just how you deal with them that makes it or breaks it.

You will take a huge loss trading in your car, you are better off selling it privately if you do decide to go that route.

If power is what you desired, why did you not get an STi??

I say sell it and get a beater! :)

X

---

I ordered mine part for part from the factory (no MTs on any lot near me... had to) and paid about $27k. I guess, like you I could have worked them down some more, but felt it was a fair price.

As far as your issues go, I have more with mine and I'm still gonna stick it out. Admittedly, none of my issues have effected the driveability of the car... But there are some very annoying cheapies like the noise the clutch makes, the passenger front window refusing to go up at a reasonable speed, a massive water leak in the passenger footwell coming from under the dash, my CD player permanently jamming itself for no reason, an oversensitive TPMS, and most recently my sunroof refusing to close (WHY IS THERE NO MANUAL CRANK BACKUP).

^ did you re-initialize the sunroof? (sorry for OT)

If the intialize sequence doesn't work, there is a manual close bolt (4mm hex key needed) behind the map spot light.

1. INITIALIZE OPERATION (SEDAN MODEL)

1) Tilt up the glass lid.

2) Release the switch once, and press the tilt up switch again for 15 seconds.

3) When the glass lid is raised a little and returned to tilt up position, release the switch for the moment. (Initialization of position detecting function)

4) Keep pressing the tilt up switch within 5 seconds from releasing the switch, glass lid tilts down -> slides open -> slides close operation automatically. (Time gap of more than 5 seconds will result in cancellation of position detecting function.)

5) Initialize operation is completed.

^I couldn't have done that because the sunroof was slid open, not tilted open. But that hex option is something that I could not find in the manual, and the people at the dealership didn't know anything about it either (I specifically asked for a manual crank-type method because they said they couldn't fix it today... and I'm not about to have an open sunroof for the weekend... no garage. They ended up "forcing" it closed... didn't explain to me exactly what they did...)

Ouch... well for future reference there is a whole section about the '05 sunroof in the vacation pix. They show the map light piece hanging by the wires and someone manually cranking open or shut the sunroof with the aforementioned hex key.

You should make sure they didn't actually "force" it since that may have damaged the motor, force sensor, etc...

Carter - a word of advice for you. I know having a sweet ride is a big thing for guys in general. However, perhaps get something a little more modest, not as flashy, and bank some of that income for the future. Home prices are coming down, you may want to get married, take a trip, something. Socking away a huge chunk of your income like that on a car in my mind, is a waste.

Carter - a word of advice for you. I know having a sweet ride is a big thing for guys in general. However, perhaps get something a little more modest, not as flashy, and bank some of that income for the future. Home prices are coming down, you may want to get married, take a trip, something. Socking away a huge chunk of your income like that on a car in my mind, is a waste.

Well so far we don't know where the remaining 3/4 of his income is going. He might be living with his parents. :wub:

If you sell it privately you would be looking at around 26K, and definitely less if you trade it in. But the trade in depends on what dealer. From my experience BMW and other German dealers don't give as much in trade for Japanese Cars. Mits on the other hand might give a fair value.

As mentioned if it is private and someone looks here you probably wont get much.

Archived