LegacyGT.com

5EAT Valve Body IPT Upgrade

XLeezardx

I managed to snag a spare VB, so my downtime was ~3 hours in the afternoon i did the swap.

I need to revisit the Rallitek tranny mount bushing. The first one i got was way too big to squeeze into the tranny mount, and rallitek swapped it out for me. Turns out, shortly after exchanging it, i get an emailing saying i need to trim it a bit for the 5eat mount :/. I'll get it done in the next week or two, or at least try it again.

Also adding a second tranny cooler soon :D

Mike

Mike.... yes they found that the 5EAT needs to be trimmed a bit as they were smaller than the 4EAT bushings. I would say shoot them an email and see if you can just exchange it.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they exchanged it already :D... but it came back with the exact same sized bushing.

So i'll trim this one and try to install it when i do some other stuff...

Unless they have some that are molded specifically for the 5eat now? I guess i'll shoot them an email to see if they have any new ones or if they still say to just trim it.

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

I managed to snag a spare VB, so my downtime was ~3 hours in the afternoon i did the swap.

I need to revisit the Rallitek tranny mount bushing. The first one i got was way too big to squeeze into the tranny mount, and rallitek swapped it out for me. Turns out, shortly after exchanging it, i get an emailing saying i need to trim it a bit for the 5eat mount :/. I'll get it done in the next week or two, or at least try it again.

Also adding a second tranny cooler soon :D

Mike

OT, but what noticeable improvements did you receive from the Rallitek bushing?

OT, but what noticeable improvements did you receive from the Rallitek bushing?

Everything. The transmission comes alive after you get it. I'm actually going to be writing up a review this weekend on it as I've made it my mission to sing from the mountains that every 5EAT owner needs the upgrade.

Quick impressions read my thread : http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73305

Everything. The transmission comes alive after you get it. I'm actually going to be writing up a review this weekend on it as I've made it my mission to sing from the mountains that every 5EAT owner needs the upgrade.

Quick impressions read my thread : http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73305

Thanks for your input and write-up.

I'm debating between the "comfort" and "race" versions.

again. I think transmission mount is great thing to do. But for those that are at Stage 2+ I think a VB is necessary. I will add a tranny bushing for shits and grins only because it is so cheap. I have already had a transmission cooler on the car for a while and the VB will down this Thursday.
Semper Fi.

Anyways for those that have done the VB upgrade, Do I need to ReFlash my ECU with my base map over again? Will it hurt if I dont immediately. If it will I will tell the mechanic to make sure he waits for me until he drives it out of the bay.

Insight would be very helpful, mine should be back and in by Thursday!!

Semper Fi.

Yes, the tranny bushing is a must for all 5EATs. I'm running Stage 1 at about 14.5 PSI ~ 210whp and my tranny feels buttery smooth. I'm probably not going to get the VB done because I don't think the tranny doesn't need it. Then again, I'm not going to be pushing 400whp like you might so maybe that will help you.

IMO though as far as the 5EAT goes, I would do the tranny bushing and a tranny cooler before I would do the valve body upgrade just because of the cost. Not to mention, isn't your car down while you ship that to them to upgrade anyways? Not in the cards for me since I drive it everyday.

the VB upgrade isn't necessary for stg 2 and most stg 2 unless you are going big with every bolt on. i'll be adding the Tranny mount soon, just not sure when i'll order it and have it installed. i have a few other items to go into the car this winter to tide me over til i get the new STI and start all over again.... :D

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

not unless they disconnect your battery. we just installed it, did the tranny flush and let the car warm up a little to make sure all the fluids were flowing. then we went and beat the hell out of the car, no "break in" period unless you consider the mile it took to get to the back roads one. :lol:

the VB upgrade isn't necessary for stg 2 and most stg 2 unless you are going big with every bolt on. i'll be adding the Tranny mount soon, just not sure when i'll order it and have it installed. i have a few other items to go into the car this winter to tide me over til i get the new STI and start all over again.... :D

sell the modded vb!

Dibs on your Brembos! :D;)

ha ha! you guys are VULTURES!!!

OT: the car will be sold as is to a friend, but if he doesn't buy it, than it's going completely to stock and parts sold off....

My IPT VB is being put in right now! After my Veteran's Day luncheon I pick her up...I cant wait! To bad it is raining :( Any words from the wise as far as anything I need to do?

I am still hoping a VB is all I needed to fix my slipping!

Semper Fi.

fingers crossed for you, ac.

did you ship it and have a local shop install, or are you in jersey?

interested in the outcome for your sake (and the legendary crimson wagon-missile), but also b/c i think you're the first to have one since ty split from IPT.

keep us updated :)

oh no, now you raise some worry. Apparently, John (the owner) is the one that was doing it for me, I talked to him on the phone a few times, really nice guy. Took only 24 hours for them to get it back out to me. I am in Northern VA so I am having my buddy who has a local shop do the everything for me. I will let everyone know.

Hopefully they know what they (IPT) are doing.

Semper Fi.

John def. knows what he is doing.....

John took care of Boon's tranny personally, Ty though a nice guy would promise the sky yet fell well short of that mark......

John is running a tight ship these days from what the little bird tells me;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Archived