LegacyGT.com

New Subaru Dealership in Rowland Hts???

Hanger

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Subaru as a factory needs open points to service their cars and keep customers happy to buy more. Dealers/owners of dealerships are in this biz to make money.

it's one of those love hate relationships between the factory and owners. Subaru is a great reliable car that does not break down. There are very few warranty issues. Most services done are maintanence type of work and there is no profit margin. Subaru Warranty does not pay well for warranty items. That is the reason most dealerships and the people that work in there, take such poor care of the customers and tell them they are not covered.

For example... Guidline says that warranty brake job pays 1/2 hour at agreed upon rate. (normally much lower)

Customer pay is 3 hours at higher rate. So as an advisor, which one will you push? Warranty or Customer pay?

Will you fib and say that it's not warranty? maybe!!!

If you see a moded car will you use that as an excuse to maximize your profit? maybe!!!

soooo.... The owners do not make profit selling these cars.... They do not profit fixing them cars.... Why would they want to sink money on something that there is no return?

Yes there is a demand from customers for the cars.... There is a demand for service stations. But there is no money in the product.

Investors are not investing, and they look the other way. That is why Subaru is building a dealership to have it ready and sucker someone into it.

That should kind of explain the cituation.

Of course Subaru thinks that. They put many of their eggs in the same basket with the new Impreza, which has been a bust in the states so far. Maybe STi will save their a$$... I personally doubt it.

Sales had increased last year... But in the last 6 months it has steadily dropped.

Fresh product has alot to do with it. Legacy needs the next level. Outback needs to become more comfortable. Impreza /WRX/STI need the same aggresive persona that they used to have. Forester has fallen behind the CRV and Rav 4.

Times have caught up with Subaru. 2004 and 2005 Subaru was a leader. Sales were sky hi. Other car companies have caught up and Subaru has been standing still.

It's time for a shake up and I don't see it happening....

Just think about it. Why would a Die Heart Suby freak like me walk away from the product?

Do you think, if there was an ounce of hope, I would leave?

I belive in getting the product out there and have more people see it and create a buzz. Why did I whore out cars for so long? Did I enjoy working for no profit? No absolutelly not. I belive in the cars being all over the place and getting attention. More you see something, more you want it.

Anyways,,,,,,,

Again, This is just my opinion and that is about all.

No Vince,

They are not moving the HQ. They just opened a sattelite office down here. That is about it. As per Grand Plan.... We have been waiting for some time now.

Toyota still has not closed the deal. All they are doing right now, is to lease some of the assembly lines at the Indiana plant to build the Legacy look alike car.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/02/28/fuji-heavy-eyes-america-for-future-profits/

"To achieve this goal, Subaru will supplement its U.S. headquarters in New Jersey with a satellite branch in the City of Angles (Los Angeles). The company hopes that the power of the sun rays combined with the magical properties of California drinking water will give its brand insight into what customers want in the Sun Belt states. In addition, we'll be getting 24 more Subaru dealers by 2010 to help push the all-wheel drive wares."

Yup you're right

Who remembers the Infinitu when they first came out?

Do you remember the first TV ad?

All you could see was some trees and tranquil surrounding and big old Infiniti sign....

Who remembers when you could lease the G series cars for 325 / month?

That is called market support. Get the car out in the public, build fellowship etc...

Lexus, another good example. awsome leases. How is that possible? it is possible by building customer base, then getting the awareness out. That created great resale value, whith great resale, come good leases. with good lease, comes more cars on the road. etc etc etc.

Lexus or Toyota has more problems with their cars than anyone else, but they cover it up. You go to Lexus dealership and if there is anything wrong, they will say no problem. They will not let you feel it ever. Factory will pay and fix it, no matter what. That builds customer loyalty. Customer loyalty builds new customers and more sales.

So what the car gets expensiver every year????? They pay the money and move on. That is how they build profit.

Subaru needs a lesson from them....

Archived