LegacyGT.com

A-Rod or Lowell? Sox fans, you decide!

BDII

A-Rod or Lowell?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. A-Rod or Lowell?

• Resign Lowell for 4 years
    • Sign A-Rod

Forget the high-priced pretty boy...sign the guy who didn't fold under WS pressure. Let other teams bust their salary budget over Alex.

I'm a big fan of re-paying the favor to the loyal ones. I dislike when people get dumped just because more people may know A-Rod's name over Lowell's, for instance.

Besides, I think the dynamic of this team is only going to get stronger. Especially with Hideki and Dice-K (who will grow rapidly from this WS experience) and of course, the dancin' fool Johnny P and the up and coming hitters we saw in the Post-season (Pedroia, Drew and Youk).

Keep this team together.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

I admit, I didn't know Lowell too much at all before the playoffs but he is a huge asset to the team.

I cringed every time he went up to bat against the Rockies, as I knew he was almost definitely going to put the hurt on them.

I'm not sure anyone but the Yankees would want to afford A-Rod, what $25 M / year?

What does that mean for Lowell on the open market? Half the player A-Rod is (no, I don't agree with this either) so, $15 + M for Lowell, then add another $2 M to make it painful for the SOX to re-sign him? JD Drew money - right?

I would re-sign Lowell over Arod. Lowell won't produce the type of numbers that Arod can put up during the regular season but we all know what matters are the numbers in the post season. Arod couldn't hit jack squat in the post season. All those HR's and RBI's don't mean anything if you can't hit when it most count. IF the Sox sign Arod, I don't think there will be any team chemistry, ie Arroyo and Varitek in 2004.

If I was the GM of the Sox, I would give Lowell a gurantee 3 year deal with a 4th year based on performances. I think he is worth $15-18 mil. Use the money you save from not signing Arod to acquiring other players.

I agree. Forget Gayrod, chokerod,bushleaguerod, put your own prefix in. He cares only of himself. The sox don't need him. Lowell's a better fielder anyway. He shows up in playoffs, not to mention the type of teamate he is. Money talks. the Yankme's will throw some ridiculous number on principle alone and he'll leave and get paid. I don't blame him, he's earned it, but i wish there was loyalty in baseball...

I'll ask you all if they should keep Schill...

If we sign A Rod , do we get to see Varitek jack him up again? Or watch him take practice slaps drills at the first baseman?

Lowell is a class act and man among men.All the home runs in the world don't add up to teamwork and towing the line.

I'd re-sign Lowell BUT, just to play devil's advocate, move Youkilis to third and sign (uh, re-sign) Carlos Pena? Meterparel's idea from WEEI this AM - BTW I think, he just likes to stir up the talk show pot.

And this one from the whiner line last night.

The SOX are more likely to lose a game before the Patriots do...

I'd re-sign Lowell BUT, just to play devil's advocate, move Youkilis to third and sign (uh, re-sign) Carlos Pena? Meterparel's idea from WEEI this AM - BTW I think, he just likes to stir up the talk show pot.

And this one from the whiner line last night.

The SOX are more likely to lose a game before the Patriots do...

As an outsider, I'd sign Youklilis to whatever he asked just to keep him in boston. That guy was the Man in the playoffs. One of my new favorite players. The Rook Elsbury being my new top fave.

These Sox have made a fan out of this (Canadian) west coaster... thanks to this playoff series. I know, I might be considered a bandwagon jumper, but there are quality players on the Sox like I saw in the Rockies much earlier this year.

Can't wait for next season.

I voted A-Rod.

I want the future Home Run champ in Boston.

:eek: And you called me a traitor for rooting for Indy, no way does Alex belong in Boston, he is a selfish little bitch who has to have a team built around him, he just can't drop in and be part of a team, he just doesnt know how to be a team player

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Archived