LegacyGT.com

Digital boost fits neatly under trip computer

lossol

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the video link:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PoKe1QIovM]YouTube - boost gauge under clock subaru legacy gt[/ame]

Things to finish up:

-Experiment with marker lights, perhaps dim leds every 5th.

-Max peak hold option

-Parking light sensor (dimming option)

-Calibrate sensor, or at least verify pressure/vaccume is correct.

is there still any interest in this thing? what do we think?

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

After seeing the driving video w/ white vac & red boost, I'm interested in this...a little subtle boost bling is always good :D Any updated cost estimates?

edit: i'm also wondering whether it would be feasible to have both this and a normal round boost gauge (like a prosport unit in the cubbypod)

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

Spoonwacker,

I'm glad you like it, the end product is finally taking shape. It fits very nicely under the 2006 clock with no impact on cubby at all, no cutting plastic, just glue or stick up under and wire in. GND, PWR, PARKING. Plug in vacuum line.

If you were to have two boost gauges than it would be as simple as t-ing off the vacuum line, Currently I run the vacuum line into the car through the firewall.

Cant tell but it looks like pro sport requires you to run the boost tube to the unit/ vs. running electrical lines out to the sensor. this true?

I'm trying to set the cost between 80 and 90 bucks.

I'm not sure what people will pay for one of these, but boards and electrical pressure sensors are relatively expensive and drive most of the unit cost.

• 3 weeks later...

monkonmonk,

Where do you invision the the digital readout?

Digital seems to be an interest to almost everyone, what about a remote readout somewhere else in the car if it cant fit under the clock, I have thought of the hvac vent. I dont think I can fit it under the clock, and if it fit, there would be a need to cut plastic, in the current design nothing needs to be cut.

General update:

1 unit has been riding around in the car (installed) for 1 month now, working well. It's nice to finally have a boost gauge in the car.

I have been finalizing the software with dim marker lights and max peak hold, will show that later.

Almost ready to ship Version1.

Yeah you bring up a good point, the non-smoked section looks smaller. Although I have noticed that the leds sit so low that they may be shining thorough the edge of the display anyway, I will investigate.

I will have to have someone try one once it's finished to see if it works for the 07s and 08s

The 06 that I have also has a nice 1/16 inch groove cut out of the bottom that the board fits nicely in. I do not know if is the same on other models. I will take a picture of the bottom of the trip computer later so you can see what I'm talking about.

I was wondering the same about 08's. I have an 08LGT and would love to have this.

I plan on installing a CarPC this summer, so I don't think by the clock would end up working for me.

How big is the PCB? I was thinking in the ash-tray area.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

Hmm ash tray...Thats not a bad idea. Is the ash tray the same on the 05,06,07,08? If it is I might invesigate a second version for that area.

The pcb is thin and long. It measures 4 inches by .62 and pretty thin.

monkonmonk,

It just snaps out, however it takes a bit of motivation, I use a penny or a dime to pry initially, then it kind of pops a bit, then pull straight out, there may be some better instrurctions in another thread.

I was in my car tonight and realized the ashtray is probably a bad idea, cause it's all the way down at the bottom, you'd really have to take your eyes away from the road.

anyways, if the PCB doesn't fit ideally where it's wanted, a remote display could be rigged up (a smaller board, just for the LED display, connected by some type of bus)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm interested, you say the leds could be adjusted for more or less pressure.

Is that something the end user can do, or would you have to order it that way i.e. a 1psi/led vs a 1.5psi/led??

I would like to mod in the future but would like to be able to use this then.

Nav guys are screwed :( . I just wish the nav would show boost.

Doesn't the Nav show engine information? I thought I remember someone saying it does. :confused:

Archived