LegacyGT.com

Digital boost fits neatly under trip computer

lossol

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it's prolly easiest to tap on the wiring harness for the clock. All lines that are needed to connect are already there. +12, Gnd, and Ignition. Edit: (THIS IS TRUE FOR THE 2005/2006 LGTs)

Do you have a wiring diagram for the 07 clock wiring harness? I bet that diagram is floating around somewhere on this site. I have the 05 06 diagrams from the "vacation Pics" posted a while ago.

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

On my install in the 2006 I use BY (Ground) GB (ignition) and (V) illumination.

Now if you look at the attached image it looks like your clock does not have the (V) line or the (GB) line.

Instead of iggnition you can you can use the accesory line (YR) line

In my 2006 setup I'm using th (V) illumination line. This line goes to 12V when the parking lights are on. For the 2007 clock only install the solution may be to use the (LR) line. However I'm not sure it will work, we may need to get the illumination line from somewhere else.

Han, I'll have to get my multimeter on the LR line in my car to see if that voltage is compatible with the ill control line on GTBoost.

Unless anyone else knows the answer...?

1193208925_2007Clock.jpg.a05681f55efb8682296b01418159408e.jpg

292636392_2006clk.jpg.1baef0bd49f7f0d8d33ce6c9e90c3332.jpg

Very nice. I just got the test gauge and I have been searching the vacation pics and the forum for some install info. Should have just waited a few more mins.:lol:

Can't wait to get my vac lines and install this, this weekend. :)

On the install doc, my only suggestion is that the directions to remove the trip computer be located at the top of page 2 or just before you show how to attach the adhesive.

I'm quite impressed how professional everything is. From the heat shrink that holds the wires together to the little silver anti-static bag it came in.

This Rocks!

They way I see it, I think just using your setup of BY (ground), GB (ignition), and V (illumination) should be fine.

I'll play with it during my lunch break and see how it goes.

Han I think I meant that you may not have the GB line and the V line. At least at the back of the clock. (by looking at the wiring diagram) Or you may, I have no idea. Let me know what you find out.

Nice Mod. Something I'd be interested in. Nice website too. Your link to buy isn't set up yet. You might want to deactivate the link until you're ready. (just an idea)
If I'm going faster than you, Move Right.

Han I think I meant that you may not have the GB line and the V line. At least at the back of the clock. (by looking at the wiring diagram) Or you may, I have no idea. Let me know what you find out.

You were correct on the 'not have the GB and V' wires. I dont understand how the wire diagram is supposed to work then. Isn't what the diagram says supposed to be the color of the actual wire??

Anyways, I did find the acc wire, and the ignition wire using the voltmeter. Hooking up the circuit doesn't work for me though. 12v ignition wire hooked upto red wire of the boost gauge circuit, Ground wire hooked up to black wire of boost gauge circuit, and blue wire of boost gauge circuit hooked up to what I think is the illumination wire.

Nothing happens when I turn key on.

I rechecked voltage, and only get 3V at the ignition wire with the circuit hooked up, and when undoing the circuit, I get 12V again. I am not that good with electronics, so I have no idea what that means. I thought I was supposed to always have 12V.

Will try again tomorrow.

EDIT::: You know what... The wire diagram you attached is not the correct one. IT is for the '07 2.5i, NOT GT.

I got the correct diagram now, but am now very confused on my finds with the voltmeter. This wire diagram will help TONS to hook it up now. Will do tomorrow and now I am 50% sure it will work.

I hope i didn't fry the boost gauge circuit.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj179/hanacyGT/clockWD.jpg

Han thats great news that the gauge fits that location. We'll figure out the wiring!

dv/dt - I never thought of that! Of corse that make sense, this whole time I was wondering why people routed their boost line through the fender and stuff.

To me the glove box looks easiest. I will look around for other methods too!

I routed the vac line through the driver's fender, then up behind the instument cluster, then to the gauge.

I got it working. Using the correct wiring diagram for the 07 clock.

-BY(black with yellow stripe) is hooked up to the black wire of the "GTBoost".

-L (blue) is hooked up to the blue wire of GTBoost.

-YR(Yellow with red stripe) is hooked up to the red wire of GTBoost.

This is really awesome! (sorry for the crap phone cam pic)

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj179/hanacyGT/SSPX0247.jpg

Yes. Everything is working great! Turn headlights on, and the gauge does a sweep in the red, and is dimmer. Turn lights off, and it does the sweep, and gets brighter! Really a cool feature. Wish I could video it.

Thanks for your update han! Looks like the gauge will work great with the 2007!

GTBoost model year compatibility:

2005 - dv/dt will be testing fit and function

2006 - fits/works tested by me!

2007 - han will be testing fit - WORKS!

2008 - monkonmonk will be testing fit and function

lossol,

That looks sick I really hope mine works out as well. However, I still have not received mine yet, I was just curious as to how you shipped it. I am sure the snow did not help with delivery though.

Thanks,

Monk

monkonmonk,

Bummer, should be there by now.

Yours was shipped 3-4-08 at 739pm - prolly went out the next day. Was sent first class. I think it was supposed to be 2 day del.

maybe it comes in todays mail. i think your hookup will be very similar to han's

Speaking for NE-Ohio (Metro Cleveland, near-eastern suburbs) - we actually did not get mail service today.

Snowed in........

I'm sure the mail's getting held-up.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived