LegacyGT.com

Everyone says their car floats. Not my Spec B

rs6er

Is anyone who is complaining about the stock suspension driving a Spec B? I hear all this stuff about cars floating and not cornering flat, etc, and I am wondering what they are talking about. My car corners flat even when it's about to slide, which it never seems to do. Are the Bilstein struts that much better than the LGT ones?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is anyone who is complaining about the stock suspension driving a Spec B? I hear all this stuff about cars floating and not cornering flat, etc, and I am wondering what they are talking about. My car corners flat even when it's about to slide, which it never seems to do. Are the Bilstein struts that much better than the LGT ones?

The inverted Bilsteins are part of Subaru's rally heritage and they're rebuildable!:)

They make for a superb GT suspension. Long trips are comfy and you can toss it around nicely. Thanks the lower unsprung wieght of the Al suspension parts, it's one of the most capable suspension set ups in the OEM world, IMHO. The OEM 18s with stock rubber aren't "heavy". They're strong.

OT: rs6er are you the owner of the '06 Spec B that I had seen at Clarkson for the past 2 years? Or are you the one that bought the '07 Spec B from Burlington Subaru that I was gonna buy?

Neither. It's an '07 used from Bill Kolb in Orangeberg, NY.

Now THAT is funny.

What's funny about it? It (the LGT) is slower and not in the same league in handling because of its OEM tires and suspension.

What would you do to make a car more competive? I'd give it more power and better handling.

Breathlessly awaiting your response,

Vimy #101 of 500.

Vimi - the notion that you think the Spec B is a race car is both spectacularly funny and extremely sad.

To make the Spec B more competitive as a race car I would make it a race car ;) but to really answer that I need to now what kind of racing you are interested in: Top Fuel, NASCAR, Formula 1, maybe some figure 8 demolition derby, circle track, dirt track, hill climbing?

It is not a race car.

Vimi - the notion that you think the Spec B is a race car is both spectacularly funny and extremely sad.

To make the Spec B more competitive as a race car I would make it a race car ;) but to really answer that I need to now what kind of racing you are interested in: Top Fuel, NASCAR, Formula 1, maybe some figure 8 demolition derby, circle track, dirt track, hill climbing?

It is not a race car.

To your edit:

Again, notice "closer" in the referenced post. Stop being so touchy. Sheesh.

engrish pwease?

hah gotta learn to not drink and post..

I said I heard a lot about them the NY attorney General also got after them for customizing cars and selling them as it was like a factory model.

I forgot the link here but one like the Legacy GT Elite thats been posted here

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103585

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=993185

Archived