LegacyGT.com

More hardships for Tommypenguin

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any colorado locals have recommendations on where to go for the best body work I can get. I was thinkging about going to EuroCollision, I've heard real good things about them. 5g, god, I just called his insurance company, trying to get the ball rolling on this.

Rims are 06 wrx wheels, I had them powder coated metallic gunmetal, if a rim would have been damaged, it would have been a bitch to get fixed.

Check with Mac Autosport - they're pretty hooked up and can give you a recommendation for a body shop. 303-841-1176

Colorado drivers are way too agressive if you ask me. But last night the guy was just careless, but so was the last time I'm assuming when i got hit and run while I went into buy a bottle of water before my playoff ice hockey game at kings soopers. I was inside for 5 minutes, come out and I need a new rear bumper. At this point I'm just glad the guy was insured, he is fessing up for his mistake and everything should work out, at least on me not having to pay out of pocket for any of the repairs.

REALLY???? I think they are not aggressive enough! They almost never go the posted speed limit, and there seems to be no sense of "slower traffic keep right!" People must think I'm a maniac with my Ohio plates. A safe maniac though....

Sorry to hear about your accident Tommy....I know exactly how you feel, I got rearended sitting at a red light on the off ramp of 6th avenue. And he had his wife and kids in the car with him. He said he had to swerve to from hitting someone in the other lane and hit me...but the other lane had probably 6-7 cars past where I was parked. I have yet to get off at that same exit again (I just go to the next exit and make my way back if I need to). I also always look in my rearview now at red lights to make sure no one is going to hit me (although there usually isn't anything you can do to avoid it with traffic going accross)

I didn't have as much damage as you, but I went to Bear Creek Auto Body at Hampden and Kipling to get my car repaired. They actually had a couple of other LGT's there when I was dropping off and picking up my car. They were really good with the insurance claim. I took my info that the other guys insurance company sent me to them so that they knew it was an insurance claim. I believe that the total repair was above what the insurance adjuster estimated, but I just had to give them the check the insurance company gave me and they contacted the insurance company for the rest. (I believe they have to know it's a claim upfront so they can contact the insurance company as well before any additional charges are done, so you don't try to get things fixed that didn't happen in the accident). And since you're in Littleton, that might be a good place to check out.

My trunk is messed up for sure, I'm not sure what I will do with my lip spoiler... I may sell it off, cracked since I need a new trunk and will get a new spoiler.

I definitely am planning on the 08 bumper and if I can the new led lip spoiler on the spec b's. What do you guys think?

Will an 08 bumper fit the older models? It looks like a diff shape. Sorry to read about this TP. And to think, I just saw that beautiful car a couple weeks ago! Let's smoke another lunch cigar together and I'll cry w/ you!

Will an 08 bumper fit the older models? It looks like a diff shape. Sorry to read about this TP. And to think, I just saw that beautiful car a couple weeks ago! Let's smoke another lunch cigar together and I'll cry w/ you!

You know what the 08 bumper does look different now I got a good look.:redface: That sucks, the tail lights don't look as tall, the line on the bumper is almost flush on the 05 where the trunk lid meets the bumper. On the 08 the bumper line is a lot higher, looks like I will have to keep it the way it is with an 05. Good eye on that scotty, it has definitely been a bit discouraging, I hate driving around in a busted legacy. We will have to grab a stogey and chit chat about it sometime.

you're looking at about 3500-5000 worth of repairs

The adjuster came out yesterday and gave me a rought estimate of 3100 in damage, but on the estimate I saw after he left he didn't include my new mirror or gas door, either way I will get those fixed. I'm guessing when its all said and done it will probably come out to around 4500. You gave a pretty good estimate mweiner, thanks.

TP, the whole deal sux! If you feel you're getting shafted, contact your own insurance company! It's their job to protect YOU from loss. Many times, if it's someone else's fault, your company will waive the deductible and pay for the damage, and then subrogate against (go after) the other guy or his insurance company for you. That way you don't have to deal with all the low ball crap.

As for the '08, it appears that the Sheet metal (body) is the same, but the taillights and bumper are new. This is a standard "trick" that mfr's do to facelift the car without spending $$$ for a major change. Look at how easy it was to update various year Impreza's by just changing minor parts (until the major change in '08)!

Look at this as a way to make your nice ride even nicer! My buddy WRX just got sideswiped by a 16 YO in a PU truck...took out the whole side...$6K plus in damage! We're going to to do a complete repaint, trick colors and a couple of other upgrades...make the best out of a bad situation.

Hang in there!

You know what the 08 bumper does look different now I got a good look.:redface: That sucks, the tail lights don't look as tall, the line on the bumper is almost flush on the 05 where the trunk lid meets the bumper. On the 08 the bumper line is a lot higher, looks like I will have to keep it the way it is with an 05. Good eye on that scotty, it has definitely been a bit discouraging, I hate driving around in a busted legacy. We will have to grab a stogey and chit chat about it sometime.

http://www.emotion-fuk.com/pro043.jpg

Tommy, if you want to do it, this will work, if you get the parts from japan.

You will have to replace the bumper cover, and the support under it (japanese is shorter overhang), and get the JDM tail lights that match the trunk line, not the US '08 tail lights that don't.

the paint work will be cheaper to do now, rather than later. the paint is going to have to be mixed and prepped anyway for the rear fender. just a little more spray time for the bumper (which they may blend paint onto anyway) Better than two separate sessions of prep and paint, that is where the cost will be much higher.

Otherwise, if you don't want to replace the bumper cover, jdm 04-06 tail lights (amber turn signals, but the same size as US 05-07), and the spoiler of your choice are still options for you.

Sorry to hear about all of this, but lemonade is easy to make when you have a lemon of a situation on your hands anyway.

I would never want my car to be mangled, but if it happened, I would use it as an excuse to mod. I would want the JDM tail lights, or full 08 JDM conversion, and a lip spoiler, rather than the wing. (the wing has grown on me, and I like it, but I still like the lip spoiler options better.)

I just don't have the mad money to justify parts and painting on a whim. Repairs would be a bittersweet justification.

I would switch up just to get folding seats...my freaking brothers prelude can fit his bike in it and I doubt I can fit his bike in my car.

As to locals I would recommend SVP autobody near the 287 and 36th exit. All the audi folks take their car over there when it comes to body kits or body work. They took care of my car when a Cop hit me and did a great job as well...the only problem is it they are often very busy so it really depends on how long you can wait.

But I would get an estimate from a shop you want to take it in before you see the adjuster...that way if they try lowball you...you give them documentation and your done.

No it was his fault. Basically he backed into me without checking his mirror...still a PITA as cops are self insured and so you have to sedjugate(I don't know how to spell the word), meaning I pay for the repairs and then they reimburse, and if I don't repair then they don't pay.

Sorry to hear that man. That really sucks! I am originally from NJ...trust me CO drivers are not THAT bad...Mass/Boston area hold that title!! hehe

On the bright side no one was hurt, and you are (statistaicallyat least) not due for another wreck for a very long time!!

TP - don't forget diminished value. You lose a certain percentage of the potential value of your car if you were to go and sell it just because it has been in an accident, even if everything was repaired perfectly to stock. On a fairly new car, DV can be 10-20% of the vehicle's current value. I had to fight for 13 months with the insurance of the driver who hit my wife's < 1mo. old OBXT a while ago, but we got about 8% of the value in DV, and that was a bumper-only accident. I think you have more you can claim...
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

TP - don't forget diminished value. You lose a certain percentage of the potential value of your car if you were to go and sell it just because it has been in an accident, even if everything was repaired perfectly to stock. On a fairly new car, DV can be 10-20% of the vehicle's current value. I had to fight for 13 months with the insurance of the driver who hit my wife's < 1mo. old OBXT a while ago, but we got about 8% of the value in DV, and that was a bumper-only accident. I think you have more you can claim...

Thanks, I definitely will be fighting for diminished value, how did you go about bringing this up to the other driver's insuracnce company? Do you think my car will still qualify being 3 years old? I wasn't sure if diminished value applied only to new vehicles(ie first year):confused:

I'm dropping off my car on monday. Two friends of mine who were in collissions in the last year took their car to burt subaru to get repaired. They did a great job couldn't tell on my buddies wrx had the rear quarter and trunk had been replaced. On my friend's gf's forester she had to get her front fender and door repaired, same great results. We'll see how it goes, I will be w/o my ride for 2-2.5weeks is what I was told. I am getting a rental on monday. Should be interesting.

Archived