LegacyGT.com

More hardships for Tommypenguin

Wow. Long. Will have to read it thoroughly later on. But I did read the last part.

I never speed on urban roads. Only on highways do I open it up a bit.

Something one of my professors said to the class about his cars were, "I like to see how fast my car/truck can go. And a week later, I like to see if I can go as fast as last week. And if I cant, then I know something is wrong with my car." or something along those lines.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My first ticket I got nailed a few thousand feet BEFORE the speed limit went up by 10mph (55 --> 65)

The second ticket was a few hundred feet AFTER the speed limit went down by 10. (45 --> 35)

Entrapment much?

Thats not entrapment.

Speed limit starts at the sign, not before it (both ways). Most people don't realize this or think they can get away with it. What they don't realize is that predatory cops know this too.

There are now some states that actually do say a speed limit doesn't take effect until after the sign.

Also, did they get you for 10 over? thats some BS, never liked tickets under 15 over.

18 and 16 over

the 16 over was complete BS. I was just touching my brakes to slow down when he got me. Radar detector went off and my foot was already applying brake.

I probably dropped to under 35 within 1 sec of him getting me. (Yay brembos!)

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Oh, they're both BS. I hate the cops who camp near speed limit signs.

If it was such a safety danger they'd park in front of the sign with lights flashing witha flag or something.

Story time:

DUI accident took out a stop light.

Publi works did put up some stop signs, but the fact is that people are used to stop lights there and just run it a lot.

What does this officer do? A good officer after observing this would stop his car, lights blazing and do something to prevent accidents.

This cop? Hides and pulls over stop runners. He didn't care about safety. this was a dangerious intersection, and he should have made it safer. Instead he left it dangerious and exploited it.

Story time:

DUI accident took out a stop light.

Publicworks did put up some stop signs, but the fact is that people are used to stop lights there and just run it a lot.

What does this officer do? A good officer after observing this would stop his car, lights blazing and do something to prevent accidents.

This cop? Hides and pulls over stop runners. He didn't care about safety. this was a dangerous intersection, and he should have made it safer. Instead he left it dangerous and exploited it.

I have seen this sort of thing in Wyoming. People drive 10 miles under the speed limit there because there is always someone pulled over. I spent thanksgiving in Cheyenne. No joke: I didn't leave the house without seeing someone pulled over somewhere.

I have seen this sort of thing in Wyoming. People drive 10 miles under the speed limit there because there is always someone pulled over. I spent thanksgiving in Cheyenne. No joke: I didn't leave the house without seeing someone pulled over somewhere.

It happens anywhere a town needs money.

Don't want new taxes to pay for your pet program? Get the money another way.

Also, there are cops who just like giving out tickets. I think its a powertrip thing.

Archived