LegacyGT.com

More hardships for Tommypenguin

So tonight, I was hanging out with my buddy, just went to grab a bite to eat. Sitting in a left turn lane at a red light, waiting for a green arrow, when I hear tires squealing. I look in my passenger side mirror and see a big white truck clip my rear bumper, rear quarter panel, and get a kiss on mirror I was looking at, did i mention I was completely stopped. My car had already been hit and run under a year ago already. :mad:

F*** ! It took about 5 seconds for what happened to register to me and my passenger. I was completely shocked, traffic was fierce for me to move out of my turn lane and pull over, i couldn't see where the driver went at first. I started thinking am I getting hit and run again, this time I'm in the car for the event? It took a minute for me to get pulled over because of traffic, luckily the driver of the suv had pulled over, he wasn't trying to run, like I have become accustomed to and we swapped info. Still man, how much money in damage am I looking at just from a guestimate, no structural damage I don't believe but the rear quarter looks real bad, how will they fix it? Sorry for the crap pics, I took them with my buddies camera in his garage.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ya man, when you are completely stopped at a red light in a turn lane with a line full of cars behind and ahead of you, you don't expect to get hit. I have never really been speechless before over an incident, I am glad that he didn't hit my ride directly or it could have been really bad, speed limit was 55mph for him on parker road. It was a lottery on which car was going to get hit. Sucks, how will they fix the quarter panel, will they cut and weld a new piece in that section or can/will they replace the whole, roof/quarters/pillars panel that takes up practically the whole car?

Can I put the 08 rear bumper on? With my trunk, I'm not sure what to do, I will need a new trunk, could go spoilerless, US wing, or get a new spec b lip with led in it. Any suggestions are welcome on how to handle the rebuild of my poor baby.

Send a PM to Ultimate CC I believe. He is a vendor on here that does body shop repair. He may have some info in regards to how the repair is made..Good luck man and sorry about the ride.
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

I live in littleton, the accident happened in Aurora, and tonight I wish I was anywhere but here. I will send a pm, the section of my quarter that got hit does not look salvageable, they definitely will have to replace a section or the whole panel. I would hate for them to just do a section and I would have a crease mark from the weld line.

the story is all wrong. the driver was a hot female who wanted your number because she heard ur exhaust from a couple blocks back.

you dont have to be so modest.

j/p hope it all ends up well for ya

car for sale. PM me!

the story is all wrong. the driver was a hot female who wanted your number because she heard ur exhaust from a couple blocks back.

you dont have to be so modest.

j/p hope it all ends up well for ya

You know me the king of modesty, how am I going to get laid again while my car looks like trailer trash.:redface:

The worst part is that I'm really starting to fall in love the car and I just got my new vf40-18g with avo actuator, supposed to pick up a AVO TMIC on saturday from a local, did not need this to happen.

if they hit you, they should be paying for the damages... or their insurance will be paying for the damages.

2 weeks before i moved out here i got hit and run across the whole drivers side from the rear bumper to the front end... about 6g's in damage (but i was sleeping... or else i'd be in jail for muder ;)). as long as you filed the police report, your insurance should pay.. correct??

i'm sorry to see your pride and joy with a broken hip and scratched ass. if all else fails and you have to pay for it, can't you get the parts from a used/salvage dealer around here? i don't know the colorado laws, but it seems that the other drivers insurance should be paying for it all... might as well get ALL NEW parts. don't settle for anything less than brand new parts.. you might be car-less for a bit, but it shouldn't come out of your pocket!

good luck brother.

brian

guys, never let any chick leave underwear (especially wet one!) in your car, coz that kind of stuff is evil and brings bad luck!

Bad Juju!!!

j/k Tommy, I hope the insurance takes care of ya. Take it to a body shop that you know and have them put new parts on. If 08 parts fit and that's what you want, then there ought to be no cost differential and they should be able to put them on for you. A chance for an upgrade, but that's small consolation for the fact that you're gonna take a Carfax hit...

^^^^When were you in a wreck, details?

Thanks for everyone's concern, today its really set in when I looked at my car. Definitely not the same prideful sight I normally have in the morning when I see my silver metallic paint blinging in the sun. Luckily the guy didn't get my rim, it doesn't appear there is any suspension/mechanical damage, it looks all cosmetic but it does look like crap, he had insurance, luckily, I filed a police report last night online, since a cop drove by yesterday right after the accident, and kept rolling.

Sorry to hear about your incident. I can absolutely feel your pain as I have been there.

Previous estimate seems about right, up to 5000. They will have to replace that QP. There actually is a weld up the pillar that you can't see.

Pick the repair shop yourself or from friends or coworkers suggestions, preferably somebody that will work with you with regard to getting the parts you want.. The insurance co cannot tell you where you have to get it fixed.

BTW - what wheels are those? Quite nice.

Sorry to hear about your incident. I can absolutely feel your pain as I have been there.

Previous estimate seems about right, up to 5000. They will have to replace that QP. There actually is a weld up the pillar that you can't see.

Pick the repair shop yourself or from friends or coworkers suggestions, preferably somebody that will work with you with regard to getting the parts you want.. The insurance co cannot tell you where you have to get it fixed.

BTW - what wheels are those? Quite nice.

Any colorado locals have recommendations on where to go for the best body work I can get. I was thinkging about going to EuroCollision, I've heard real good things about them. 5g, god, I just called his insurance company, trying to get the ball rolling on this.

Rims are 06 wrx wheels, I had them powder coated metallic gunmetal, if a rim would have been damaged, it would have been a bitch to get fixed.

Archived