LegacyGT.com

More hardships for Tommypenguin

I sent them a letter requesting a diminished value assessment. They will deny it. Then you look up the local DV assessor, pay the $50 or so to have them write up the assessment, and send it to them with a letter demanding the DV. Then you'll get it.

DV goes down for older cars, but not away unless the car wasn't worth much at the time of the accident. It's still a % loss of the value of the vehicle. (unless it has already been in an accident).

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to be able to go to bed wake up and know that my damn car is in my garage. This nightmare will not end... So I've been driving a Chevy HHR rental while my car has been in the shop now for 2 1/2 weeks... The HHR is horrible from the all the rattles, to the fact the suspension is shot, and the car needs new brakes at 14,xxx miles. It gets worse, the rear left tire has a leak I recently found out last night, I put some air in the tire, get up to drive to work today in an inch of snow no big deal. Totally fish tailed and got sideways on my way to work on a busy road in the HHR at 20mph on a slight bend. No accident, thank GOD! But I get to work and notice the tires are bald, the rear tire is almost flat. I assume I could contact hertz and have them send someone to swap out tires, cars etc.

No Dice, I have to call their towing company have them send someone to tow the car from my work, then wait for someone from Hertz to come and pick me up and take me to the dealership I got the car from which is a ways from my damn work. :mad: So on my lunch today I will be changing a tire in the blistering cold today while it snows on me. Oh and I'm sure that spare is going to have a great tread pattern for me to drive with in the snow. My car was supposed to be done on monday and I call them up today and they tell me the car should be done this afternoon. :confused: All I know is my car better look like it did when it came off the show room or I will go postal on the body shop. 2 1/2 weeks for a rear quarter panel, bumper, trunk and mirror. I'll will post pics when I get my car back.

I've been thinking about it with the writers being on strike, who wants to play tommypenguin in the new pilot I'm writing? Just have someone wreck your legacy and go without your car for a couple weeks, get a crappy rental car to pass the time and you will be in character for this show.;)

I changed the tire on my lunch, the spare looks like a 12" inch rim, I'm crossing my fingers I get my car back today or I will have to swap rentals out and get a chevy cobalt till my car is done.:eek:

haha, I wish, that wasn't to be on my lunch I just had schlotzky's. But I do have a date tonight, that is another reason I want my car back or I will have to take her in the HHR. Hopefully it doesn't brake down on me if it comes down to that.

You have a date tonight? Wow! Where are you taking her ( of course, I presume she's a her)? Do you think she likes you or your Legacy? Will he/she put out on the first date? We're all dying to find out!:wub:

I almost got T-Boned at an intersection a week or so ago. This reminded me of that because I was in the middle of the intersection, waiting to turn left, when I hear tires squealing. I looked to my left and then realized, no it wasn't some fool playing around as I had suspected, it was some moron sliding past the stop line at his red light and almost smashing into me.

Sorry to hear the morons got you again. :( There are entirely too many of them.

You have a date tonight? Wow! Where are you taking her ( of course, I presume she's a her)? Do you think she likes you or your Legacy? Will he/she put out on the first date? We're all dying to find out!:wub:

Definitely a chic and I've already taken her out in the HHR, it sucked, I got cut off a record amount of times. Had to excerise some restraint that night... But date went good, she doesn't like me for my ride since she has never seen my legacy but nevertheless... I want to be rolling with awd and all 4 factory size tires at a minimum with this crappy weather.

I say you set the HHR on fire and tell the rental place it was stolen.

+1,000,000 but I just got a call and they told me that they are installing my rear window and that I can pick up my legacy in an hour. I can't wait, going to take off work early, pick up some oil, a filter and do an oil change probably tomorrow before I get faded. I hope my car looks killer. Anything less will constitute an ass whooping.

Back in the game boys, finally my nightmare has ended, I can't tell you what it feels like going back to my car. It took me at least 5 minutes to get acclaimated with it again. Leather, heated seats, sunroof, power, sound, stick, virtually rattle free. The dealership did an exemplary job I will get pics up as soon as I find a camera to borrow.

Thanks guys, went out on the date last night, the lgt was very impressive to the lady I took out. She had no clue what kind of car I was driving since I'm debadged, I didn't tell her till the end of the night. ;)She couldn't believe it was a subaru.

Date went well, she already called me this morning and asked if I wanted to go out again on friday, but I told her I was busy and might be able to see her sometime over the weekend. Can't be all easily available. Whenever we chill I've always made sure its at my convenience, lol everything I've been doing with her has been working well, even the HHR couldn't stop me from spitting game. Just got to keep the ball rolling and I 'may' have just found a girl that is worth keeping around. But its way early to be saying that, I will keep you guys informed.

Update: Well now that I've had my car for a few days, I'm pretty pleased with the body work exept that my rear defroster isn't working. I just noticed that last night when I didn't have my ice scraper and had a pile of ice caked on my rear wind shield. Got to get that fixed, my jumper cables weren't put back in the trunk, got to get some new ones.

The last thing i need to do is on thursday I am dropping my car off at subaru for some warranty work. I noticed when I was doing my oil change on friday that I have a dripping oil leak, it looked like it was coming from the crank shaft seal. Definitely coming from the front of the oil pan at a minimum, I would have been able to really tell if I took the time to remove my splash guard. I'm crossing my fingers it will be under warranty. Got to get those issues resolved and order will finally be restored with my ride.

you gotta post up some pics of this girl tho!

If I ever had a damn camera I would post pics up, lol hell I haven't even posted pics of how my ride looks since the accident. One day I will stop spending money on my car and get a camera phone, or even just a camera.

Thanks bro, when I take my car in, I will uninstall the stage 2 map, but I will leave my pipes on. The oil leak is coming from a competely different area than where the up pipe was put on, and I haven't changed oil pressure, so we will see what happens. I've been told by a few of my wrx buddies not to go to the dealership on arapahoe by our work if you are modded for warranty work. They will not do warranty work on your car if you are modded without hassle. When I called them, they didn't even offer me a rental car until they diagnose the car. I explain there's a leak, they have no idea I'm stage 2 but they still wanted to give me a hard time about the rental. I called the broadway subaru, everything will be all good. Got a rental car lined up, they said all seals were covered under the powertrain warranty. They told me if they were leaking they would be covered.

The Rep I spoke to also said subaru announced recently that it was normal for the 2.5 liter turbo motor to consume a full quart of oil every 3750miles. I thought that was note worthy.

Go back to the dealership for your cables. Don't buy new ones!

Good luck w/ the girl man. I didn't think you had the time/energy for all that now. You ready now?

Hardship for Scotty: I got a ticket on Thanksgiving Day on the way to my friends house for a feast with her, her fam, and some of my friends. This armature cop had to be new and from a diff country. Stumbled to come up w/ his sentences. He ticketed me for going through a red light. I went through 2 actually, but they were YELLOW! Also mentioned my dark tint and no plate on the front. If he had any experience he would've done the token cop thing and said, "but I'm gonna be nice and not ticket you for those 2 things." I asked him twice is it's illegal to not have front plates on when from out-of-state, but the douche replied both times saying it's not legal in any states to go through a red light.

I'll be fighting this, but anyone have any good tips for me?

Archived